PDA

View Full Version : E6 extra skill points

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-15, 11:45 AM
How much would it change E6 if with every epic feat the players got 2 extra skillpoints to play with that treated all skills as class skills? Skill caps remained the same.

Yora
2013-08-15, 12:43 PM
That depends entirely how many epic advancements the characters will be having in the game. If at the end of he campaign they are level 6+5, it won't upset anything. If they should be something like level 6+27, then adding 50+ additional skill points will make quite a big impact.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-15, 01:32 PM
I just think it odd that characters don't pick up mundane skills along with the more flashy feats that they develop.

Though seriously at +25 a character should be one of the most experienced people in the world. They would basically get 5 extra skills at max ranks. I am not sure this is a bad thing. I may try it out in my E6 game that is running.

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-15, 01:34 PM
There is a feat in the SRD, Open Minded, that gives 5 extra skillpoints, and can be taken multiple times.

If someone wants them skillpoints, he can just take that.

Person_Man
2013-08-15, 01:46 PM
Also depends on what type of magic items you allow. In general, it's not that hard to get massive bonuses to Skills.

lsfreak
2013-08-15, 01:50 PM
My preference is to come from the other end, classes get more skills across the board (well, except wizards). Fighter-types and full casters usually run 4-6 while skilled classes run 12-14 a level. But that's for balance reasons, personal preference and playing with a small group, not verisimilitude. It doesn't really seem out of place that once you hit 6th level you stop gaining skill points, any more than you suddenly stop learning how to hit better (BAB), suddenly stop improving your magic power (caster level), suddenly stop learning how to avoid blows (hit points), suddenly stop becoming becoming more nimble (Reflex saves), and so on.