PDA

View Full Version : How to obtain Kickstarter Materials

wolfdreams01
2013-08-15, 03:22 PM
I would like to preface this by saying that I believe in supporting artists who make great work, so I own a copy of every single published OOTS book. However, while the OOTS kickstarter was going on, I was wandering around in the tribal areas of China, where internet access is VERY limited. Because of this, I did not get the opportunity to join the kickstarter, and so I have no ability to get the free content that was offered as part of the kickstarter rewards. Since I'm a big OOTS fan, and also have a completionist personality, this makes me very sad. :-(

Is there any chance that any of the bonus content offered as part of the kickstarter will be reprinted in the next book, or eventually available somehow for those of us who missed our opportunity to get in on it during the kickstarter window? I don't mind paying for it: it's just very disheartening that I'm missing part of the OOTS saga simply because I chose the wrong time to go abroad.

Anatares
2013-08-15, 03:33 PM
I'd like to ditto this as I too missed my chance (Although not to anything nearly so adventurous; I went to college and found myself pretty broke). While I would always prefer a paperback copy I know the cost of publishing them is so high, so I would be open to paying for digital download PDFs in this case. I just hate that I'm missing out on more of the Giants stories :smallfrown:

NerdyKris
2013-08-15, 03:35 PM
The pad, stickers, and coloring book are available here. (http://www.ookoodook.com/store/OOTSKSSwag.shtml)

As for the PDFs, he's said he might collect them into a print book at some point. Or offer them later. But they aren't available if you didn't contribute at this time.

ChristianSt
2013-08-15, 05:20 PM
From the OOTS Kickstarter Bonus PDFs: The Discussion Thread *Unmarked spoilers* (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14753307) Thread:

<snip>

These stories will be available in print someday for everyone else who didn't back, so if you don't have them now and you think you're likely to buy the book in which they appear...don't read any further!

<snip>

So yes, it is planned to release them in print (go Book K), but there hasn't been any information of how and when (and I think it could take quite a while). It is not planned to offer them in pdf-form later to others (I think there is a quote somewhere I might try to hunt down)

NerdyKris
2013-08-15, 06:02 PM
Oh yeah. I'd totally forgotten "Book K" was a verified thing. But still way, way off. We've only gotten two of the eight PDFs. And if they're as large as Belkar's or the Haleo and Julelan story, that's easily 100+ pages of material that have to be created first.

And just for the record, since I'd forgotten there were that many and just looked at the update email, the PDFs are:

How the Paladin Got His Scar (Ochul)
Backer's Choice Belkar
Backer's Choice Therkla
Backer's Choice CPPD (Cliffport Police Department)
Haleo and Julelan
Dim Sun (Order of the Stick in Dark Sun setting)
Julio Scoundrel
Sir Francois (The paladin Elan was squire to before he met Roy in Origin of PCs.)

Also I really hope he includes the update charts. Those were pretty funny.

wolfdreams01
2013-08-16, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the info! That's very heartening. :smallsmile: