PDA

View Full Version : Mount Help

Ruethgar
2013-08-15, 05:24 PM
I want to ride a murder of crows. As far as I can tell that is a -10 to ride checks but otherwise valid for small characters. I was originally thinking of just being a hengeyokai sparrow that trained murders, but this sounds like it could be fun. Imagine a halfling flying in on a swarm of magebred warbeasted birds.

The biggest problem, at lower levels especially, is that whole -10 to ride for it being ill suited to mount and unable to carry a saddle. Is there any way to help remedy this? There is also the lack of strength and the unclear notion of how many legs it has to determine maximum load... but I want it. lol Anyone able to help?

Metahuman1
2013-08-15, 05:26 PM
As far as the penalty goes, maybe wait until mid levels when You can afford magic items to boost your ride check enough to off set it?

Kid Jake
2013-08-15, 05:37 PM
How about you rig up some sort of harness with Use Rope and just have them pull you around? I imagine it'd be sort of like a hot air balloon ride. Only scarier and kinda gross.

Ruethgar
2013-08-15, 05:42 PM
Bah nvm, take up the space of medium but are treated as tiny. However comical it would be to be a hengeyokai crab or carp riding a murder of crows, I think I'm just going to stick with the taming bit.

Edit: Still, anyone know a way to get it as a animal companion/special mount/familiar/wild cohort? 4HD won't last forever.