PDA

View Full Version : 8 hands 4 greatswords charger questions

VariSami
2013-08-15, 05:30 PM
Hi.

Ok, I am not quite sure of some of the interpretations I have made regarding a character in my campaign. It is an NPC and I am the DM, so of course I could houserule everything but I would rather have things not clash with something official that I have missed.

Basically, the character is a Lolth-touched Insectile (non-psionic) Thri-Kreen Bar1;Fig1;WaB3. Yes, quite the monstrosity and an abomination in more ways than one. Considering that the campaign is about an insect-breeding Daelkyr, however, this is quite common among the antagonists.

The questions are:
1. He has Multiweapon Fighting and Multidexterity (3.X). He wields 4 Greatswords using his primary 4 hands and supporting each sword with one of his Insectile extra hands. Due to Multidexterity, it seems that there are no penalties associated with such wielding at all, right?

2. Also, the secondary weapons would seem to have (full) Str mod to damage (but not x1.5) since off-hand weapons deal x0.5 Str but Savage Species p. 42 specifies each hand adding x0.5 Str to the damage, resulting in a net total of x1 Str. Would this be correct?

3. He has pounce from Lion Totem. Using Battle Leader's Charge, will the 10 extra damage be added to each attack or only the first? I did search the net for this one, and it seems that there is no consensus. However, opinions are welcome.

4. Also, does Leading the charge include you as an ally or not? It has been argued that normally you count for these kinds of effects; however, White Raven seems to differentiate between "allies" and "you and your allies".

Fax Celestis
2013-08-15, 05:36 PM
1: ...Ambi/Multidexterity isn't a thing in 3.5. It died with 3.0

2-3: Yes.

4: It's safest to assume that any of White Raven's "allies" effects should read "allies (excluding yourself)" unless they explicitly call it out.

VariSami
2013-08-15, 06:01 PM
Right, thanks. As noted, this is 3.X, as in: 3.0 material available unless a more recent version has been printed. Since I use Savage Species and Monster Manual II which reference and include the feat, it stays available for players and monsters for now. Unless it was somewhere specifically excluded from being transferred to 3.5? At least to me, the feat seems somewhat balanced. TWF is oftentimes very bad, and burning a feat to get rid of the rest of the penalties seems balanced enough.

Kind of confused by the answer to number 3.

Glad that there is at least some support for my interpretation for number 2. It seems quite logical, more so than the x3/4 Str that I encountered somewhere else.

Yeah, thought as much for number 4. That stance in particular seems busted even when it applies only to allies; having it affect yourself as well would make it utterly broken.

lsfreak
2013-08-15, 07:00 PM
Leading the Charge bonus damage is on all the attacks, RAW-wise. I don't think it's uncommon or completely out of line to rule that extra benefits of charging only work on the first hit, though I usually see it in reference to the much-more-abuseable Leap Attack.