PDA

View Full Version : What feats make Mind Affecting spells/abilities get passed immunities?

CyberThread
2013-08-15, 07:26 PM
What feats make Mind Affecting spells/abilities get passed immunities of the various undead and mindblank like bad things.

Nettlekid
2013-08-15, 07:29 PM
It's not a feat, but the Dread Witch PrC from Heroes of Horror allows you to ignore immunity to Fear so long as their HD is less than your CL+4. This still won't help you with other mind-affecting effects like Charm Person, but it's something that can get through immunity to mind-affecting effects (which fear is). Pretty niche, though.

Occasional Sage
2013-08-15, 07:43 PM
Threnodic Spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/threnodic-spell-metamagic), if you're playing or can import from Pathfinder.

killem2
2013-08-15, 07:52 PM
If you plopped down an Antimagic field, then used a mind effect that is generated through an EX ability would do it, though I am not aware of any. :smallredface:

Nettlekid
2013-08-15, 07:56 PM
If you plopped down an Antimagic field, then used a mind effect that is generated through an EX ability would do it, though I am not aware of any. :smallredface:

That still wouldn't cut it for undead and vermin and oozes and anything that is just naturally immune to mind-affecting effects. At that point, you might as well just say Dispel the Mind Blank.

nickia
2013-08-15, 09:53 PM
The feat Music of the Outer Spheres allows your bard to use several mind affecting abilities on aberrations.
The feat Requiem allows your bard to affect undead.
The feat Green Ear allows your bard to affect plants.

Pickford
2013-08-15, 10:58 PM

Dragon Frightful Presence. So just Shapechange into say, a Mature Adult Black Dragon (23-24 HD) which has a FP DC of 23 (respectable I suppose)

edit: For some bizarre reason Dragonshape (PHB II) which turns you into a mature adult red dragon doesn't 'list' FP on the abilities...probably an oversight, but...*sigh*.

Khatoblepas
2013-08-15, 11:09 PM
The Song of the Dead feat makes any mind affecting spell into a Necromancy spell that can affect intelligent undead. Mindless undead are still immune.