PDA

View Full Version : HomeBrewing: Borderlands 2: Krieg's Buzzsaw Frenzy

Ieatelves
2013-08-16, 01:32 AM
Greetings fine people of the playground!

I come to you today with a bit of homebrewing inspiration. Like I mentionned in one of my earlier posts, I'm planning to eventually play a slightly deranged character and I'll let it out here and now: It's our favorite Psycho from Borderlands 2: Krieg! (Those who don't know him, check the youtubes for: ''Krieg's Meat Bicycle'').

Now for those who know/have played him, you know what a Buzzsaw frenzy looks and feels like. I've been tampering with the idea of having the whole concept copied in a D&D 3.5 setting and I'd like your opinion on the matter. Now Krieg's main melee weapon is a ''Buzzsaw'', a weapon he wields in his everyday melee massacres and throws with skills during his Signature Buzzsaw Frency. Later in the game he gains the ability to turn into a hulking monstrocity and wields the buzzsaw with only one hand.

Now to start the whole thing out, it's clear that Krieg's Buzzsaw is an oversized Throwing Axe. He could be using a ''large'' version of it, beeing a one handed throwable weapon that deals 1d8 and has a ranged increment of 10' but that wouldn't justify why he's not able to throw it around while not in a frenzy. So for the sake of it, let's make it a ''huge'' version of it, beeing a two handed Throwing axe that deals 2d6 (or 1d12 if compared to a battleaxe).

Now for the frenzy (which would be a variant of the Barbarian's Barbarian Rage), we could have him gain the ''Powerfull Built'' trait while in a frenzy, this enabling him to throw that hulking piece of metal around. I'd also be tempted to throw in access to the ''Brutal Throw'' or ''Far Shot'' feats while in the frenzy to justify his precision with the thrown weapon. Then you'd slap some Ability bonuses (i'm kinda biased on this point 'cause I'd be more tempted by the whirling frenzy bonuses instead of the traditionnal ones) the regular duration and the aftermath consequences of the regular rage and voila! We have Krieg's Frenzy! Based on the Goliath's Mountain Rage and the Whirling Frenzy, it seems like it could be easily balanced.

As far as the race goes, I'd be tempted to use the Neandertal's stats, kinda fits the size and general idea of the character while remainning human. I guess you could use the whole idea and give it to the Neandertal for a Racial variant on the Barbarian, adding a few more perks.

I can't wait to read your feel on this. Thanks! :)