PDA

View Full Version : What is Cindy these days?

Vaz
2013-08-16, 09:56 AM
Cindy has been used as a benchmark by CharOp to showcase what a 20th level wizard was capable of, but that was a long time ago. Where are we at now?

Personally I think it is nearer a Neraph Wu Jen 5/Incantstrix 10/Archmage 5, but there a hundred possibilities out there.

As to a reason why I believe the latter is better than Cindy is down to how Wu Jen's Body Outside Body works: it allows you to use your Spell like abilities. Through the use of Arcane Disciple (Luck) you gain Mirscle as a Spell, which Archmage you use to turn into an SLA (along with Wish, this way you have 4x Wish and 4x Miracles as an SLA, as well as 2x Body Outside Body SLA's).

Incantatrix is used for Metamagic Effect for Persistomancy and Extend.

Wish and Miracle are used to grant you every 8th level or lower Sor/Wiz/Cleric spell AND every 7th level or lower spell from elsewhere or Psionic Power, and use the clones to persist.

The clones can then Psychic Reform if needed. They can Chaos Shuffle you (along with Feat granting spells like Heroics) and then Aid Another (while changing themselves into Minute Form.

You are an Outsider so can PAO with Reserves of Strength into a Pit Fiend for the intelligence. This is then made Permanent through its rules, and you've got yourself its intelligence which with items and buffs, capable of catapulting yourself into mid 40's, even low 50's IIRC.

You can use Spirit Binding to get even more powerful creatures (Provided they are Incorporeal) as you are a Wu Jen, and several other tricks.

This is what I feel Cindy is #now#, what about you?

Psyren
2013-08-16, 10:01 AM
Apparently no one has ever seen the actual Cindy (it is the Canadian Girlfriend of CharOp) so for all we know, everything you just posted is already part of it. :smalltongue:

Radar
2013-08-16, 10:46 AM
Apparently no one has ever seen the actual Cindy (it is the Canadian Girlfriend of CharOp) so for all we know, everything you just posted is already part of it. :smalltongue:
The character sheet wasn't even hard to find: Cindy (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=5890).

There is not much cheese going on except for utilizing Incantatrix to it's full potential and Chaos Shuffle on the elven racial feats. The later Mailman taken the Orb of Doom concept and optimized it further ignoring other aspects of the build. Cindy is fairly powerful, but it's still a playable build and I guess, that it's even a bit dated, when it comes to magical defences accounted for.

Psyren
2013-08-16, 10:50 AM
The character sheet wasn't even hard to find: Cindy (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=5890).

According to Cindy's creator (Tippy) that isn't the real one.

Radar
2013-08-16, 11:02 AM
According to Cindy's creator (Tippy) that isn't the real one.
1. Tippy was not the creator of the original Cindy.
2. There were two variants with one of them being kept secret due to being used in some challenge.

See the discussion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136914) on this very boards some three years before.

Alleran
2013-08-16, 11:32 AM
She's real and she loves me!

Uh... :smalltongue: