PDA

View Full Version : belt of the wide earth bonus type?

flamewolf393
2013-08-16, 07:24 PM
The belt of the wide earth does not list a bonus type, or an effective spell used for the effect. There is not even a spell required within the crafting process for that part of the belts effect. Could one infer that it is untyped, and thus could stack with belt of the heavyload, which triples carrying capacity (effectively uses ant haul)? And then muleback cords for +8 str to carrying capacity (effectively uses bulls strength)

How much do you think a belt of the wide earth would cost if I removed the teleport ability?

herrhauptmann
2013-08-16, 10:03 PM
If no type is mentioned (competence/morale/sacred/whatever), then it's untyped and stacks with just about everything.

Wide earth doubles carrying capacity, right? If so, remember that D&D math is odd. Doubling a double is a triple. Doubling a triple is a quadruple.

The cords: For simplicity I'd say apply the cords, then the doubled and tripled of your belts. But technically you can apply your bonuses in any order.

What are the exact ranges/uses of the teleport again? Does it require you to burn a spell slot?

Lateral
2013-08-16, 11:23 PM
Multipliers don't have types the way flat bonuses do, so they'll always stack unless stated otherwise. However, keep in mind that in D&D, two doublings equal a tripling, and a doubling and a tripling equal a quadrupling, and so on.

How much do you think a belt of the wide earth would cost if I removed the teleport ability?
Pretty cheap, and honestly, I would've recommended separating the two abilities into different items- they aren't really synergistic.

What are the exact ranges/uses of the teleport again? Does it require you to burn a spell slot?
Yes- it lets you burn a 5th level spell slot to spontaneously cast the teleport spell.