PDA

View Full Version : One Level DIP Psionic Which would you be?

CyberThread
2013-08-16, 09:15 PM
So if you had to take one level dip of a psionic (no build in mind) , what would you chose?

mattie_p
2013-08-16, 09:23 PM
Ardent at level 5 or above, with practiced manifester, in order to get two 3rd level powers (as well as some nice mantle abilities) for one level plus a feat.

TroubleBrewing
2013-08-16, 09:31 PM
At levels 1-4, Psychic Warrior. A feat, some power points, and your choice of a variety of solid powers (Vigor, Expansion, or Grip of Iron for melee; Chameleon Skin or Compression for sneakers; Inertial Armor or Force Shield for squishies) . Above that, Ardent is the way to go.

Nettlekid
2013-08-16, 10:40 PM
Hmm, no build in mind at all? Well, Shaper Psion has access to some pretty good stuff even at level 1. Erudite can be used to get a lot of low-level powers to choose from, and the two bonus feats are nice. Wilder can bump up the ML a little, which makes your powers hit a little harder.

But why would you NEED to take a dip in a Psionic class with no build in mind? I'm assuming you're using it to qualify for something. If that was the case, I'd probably just take Hidden Talent, or be a Psionic race or something, instead. A one-level Psionic dip holds less force than the much lauded Cleric dip, or even a Wizard dip (Abrupt Jaunt and all.)

TroubleBrewing
2013-08-16, 11:18 PM
Oh, Cleric 1 is a smexy, smexy dip. Cloistered Cleric 1 is like a damn cheese fondue fountain. Because its the best kind of dip.

Rubik
2013-08-16, 11:22 PM
If I could be a level 1 psionic character, it depends entirely on a few different variables. All of which require that I can choose my abilities (rather than, say, receiving feats, skills, and powers randomly which could potentially suck regardless of class).

Is one level all I ever get? If so, shaper or telepath.

If I get one level ever as gestalt? Factotum as my other half.

If I had the possibility of gaining levels? Shaper.

If I had gestalt with the possibility of gaining levels? Believe it or not, martial monk as my other half.

If I had a build in mind, I'd ensure that I got Metamorphosis and I would end up as: martial monk 2/factotum 3/chameleon 2/illithid savant 10/legacy champion 3 // shaper 20. I'd take Infinite Deflection and Extraordinary Deflection as my monk feats (to protect myself from ballistic weaponry, including guns, meaning I'm protected from most modern weaponry), and I'd qualify for illithid savant using Metamorphosis and totally steal the StP erudite's ability to learn new spells and powers, as well as the metamind's font of power ability.

All the spells and powers with infinite power points. Yahoo!