PDA

View Full Version : Trickery Devotion

Hytheter
2013-08-17, 12:07 AM
Ok so I just stumbled across this feat, and it seems pretty cool, but I have some questions, specifically about the Level 15+ effect.

It says it gets a STR score equal to half of your own... but what about its other stats? What's its BAB? Its DEX? AC? Does it get access to your feats (assuming it still meets pre-requisites)? What about class features?
Also, since it has combat capabilities, does that mean it can be used to flank?

I feel like depending on the answers it would be a really fun feat for a rogue or a cleric/rogue

Galvin
2013-08-17, 08:03 AM
It says nothing about that in the feat description. I would rule it as it has your BAB and saves, but it does not have access to any feats hi may have.

JanusJones
2013-08-17, 10:30 AM
Terribly written feat with potential for ridiculous abuse. A suggestion: phantom versions of your equipment means wands without charges. As long as you don't use something that fires stuff (buffs, heals, identification, what have you), you get free charges.

Woo!

Chronos
2013-08-17, 10:58 AM
How does "without charges" turn into "free charges"? A wand without charges is what's usually called "a stick".

Miranius
2013-08-17, 11:35 AM
afaik, in the errata the equipment of the "clone" is all mundane stuff, so no 2nd holy avenger for you ;)
Since many things asides that and its strength score are not defined, i would rule it as "same as yours if you had 0 magical gear or active spells".

If you keep that in mind, it`s a nice option in and out-of-combat and i as a DM would have no problem with it.