PDA

View Full Version : There is no sense of danger ?

rakiawadvwark
2013-08-17, 03:48 AM
{Scrubbed}

SimonMoon6
2013-08-17, 09:21 AM
Damn, I was hoping this was going to be a real discussion of the lack of peril in a standard D&D game, with all the many ways to solve every problem from dismemberment to death. Curses, being turned to stone, etc are all easy problems to fix. With enough money, every problem can be fixed (except the problem of not having enough money... and with Wall of Iron, even that can be dealt with).

There is no sense of danger, no weight to something that happens, no real stakes.

See, this *could* have started a real thread...

VariSami
2013-08-17, 10:09 AM
Damn, I was hoping this was going to be a real discussion of the lack of peril in a standard D&D game, with all the many ways to solve every problem from dismemberment to death. Curses, being turned to stone, etc are all easy problems to fix. With enough money, every problem can be fixed (except the problem of not having enough money... and with Wall of Iron, even that can be dealt with).

See, this *could* have started a real thread...
Same. It would mesh well with the discussion going on in the 3.5/PF sub-forum about optimization. One of the points brought about is that challenge is unnecessary, and this is something at least I disagree with.

awa
2013-08-17, 11:21 AM
I thought i was gonna see a discussion talking about dms fudging dice

Roland St. Jude
2013-08-17, 12:55 PM
Sheriff: Please don't respond to spam. It just encourages spammers, gets them more hits, and makes it harder for us to clean up.