PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Soulknife's Absorbing Blade

IronFist
2013-08-17, 08:42 AM
Is this really a non-action or I am going crazy?

Arkusus
2013-08-17, 08:54 AM
Sorry for having to ask this, but what book is Absorbing Blade in? I don't see it in anything I'm looking at that has to do with the Soulknife...

Maybe I'm missing something?

Psyren
2013-08-17, 09:01 AM
By my reading yes, it uses no action. It consumes your psychic strike instead, and recharging it will take at least a move action (unless you use an alternate recharge technique like Reaper's Blade.)

This is similar to how expending your psionic focus isn't an action, but regaining it is - you're simply deferring the action expenditure.

EDIT: @ Arkusus: Absorbing Blade is part of PF Psionics, in the Psionics Expanded Book and up on the PFSRD.

IronFist
2013-08-17, 09:01 AM
Sorry for having to ask this, but what book is Absorbing Blade in? I don't see it in anything I'm looking at that has to do with the Soulknife...

Maybe I'm missing something?

It's from Psionics Expanded. Link for the full list of blade skills. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/blade-skills)

By my reading yes, it uses no action. It consumes your psychic strike instead, and recharging it will take at least a move action (unless you use an alternate recharge technique like Reaper's Blade.)

This is similar to how expending your psionic focus isn't an action, but regaining it is - you're simply deferring the action expenditure.

I see. Between Reaper's Blade and Dual Imbue, you would most likely always have a psychic strike available to absorb spells. Of course, specially with Dual Imbue, you wouldn't be able to absorb very powerful spells.
Still, very very cool. I was planning on playing a half-orc, but there are so many good blade skills I might have to be human (too bad you can't take Powerful Strikes more than once).

Arkusus
2013-08-17, 09:06 AM
It's from Psionics Expanded. Link for the full list of blade skills. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/blade-skills)

Ahh, pathfinder, gotcha...

After looking at it, I think I agree with Psyren