PDA

View Full Version : Druid Prestige Class

dpx106
2013-08-17, 09:28 AM
I currently am playing a elf druid in a game that I plan on playing for at least two or three years. The problem I am having is there is also another elf druid playing and we are very similar. I know that most people think druids are fine by themselves which I agree but its not much fun with two of us almost playing the same character. So Im looking to prestige and I have two classes in mind and was wondering which you think would be better. Also this is only my third true game of dnd so Im no pro so if you think there is better out there let me know. The first I am looking into is Skylord Im not sure how the whole exalted thing works but the class looks awesome. The other would be the Wind rider. So the question Im having is which one should I do and how to I go about making it happen.

eggynack
2013-08-17, 09:49 AM
Those both seem rather bad, even by druid prestige class standards. You have Book of Exalted Deeds, and seem to be interested in the whole exalted thing, so have you looked into lion of talisid? It's not really better than a druid, but it's also not necessarily worse, and you get some flavor out of it. It's also pretty low on prerequisites, so you can probably get to it despite not having planned for it. I'd suggest going for that.

Auramis
2013-08-17, 09:50 AM
Exalted classes have a requirements that you're at risk of losing, should your behavior be anything less than exemplary. Think of how a paladin might lose their abilities if they slip: having an exalted feat puts you under similar restrictions. That said, I recommend Skylord over the Windrider, since Skylord would improve your spellcasting. You just have to be careful and remember to be truly Neutral Good to your core.

My personal opinion, though, I'd recommend a class that's more in line with your druidic abilities. These both focus more on mounted combat than in the druid's shapeshifting or spellcasting.

eggynack
2013-08-17, 09:54 AM
Alternatively, if you're willing/able to switch your race, you could always become a shifter from Ebberon stuff. It's basically the best way in the game to make a druid that's both unique and optimal. It starts with shifter druid substitution levels from (except for the fifth level one), continues with moonspeaker levels, and maybe ends with some shifter feats. It's rather nifty, I think.

Edit: Double-alternatively, how about ACF's? Druids generally get bad prestige classes, but they get decent ACF's. My favorites are iron constitution and voice of the city from the Cityscape web enhancement (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a), but there's a whole list of them hereabouts (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872054/Alternative_Class_Features_III). It's a great way to make your druid a unique character, without having to change any of what makes druids great.