PDA

View Full Version : Better safe than sorry?

The Underlord
2013-08-17, 03:04 PM
So I was wondering. I have a habit of reporting threads I think might venture into inappropriate topics and threads in the roleplaying forum that I think should be moved into one of the subforum. Am I being overzealous or is it better to be safe than sorry?

137beth
2013-08-17, 03:21 PM
The previous 29385729386262 times this was asked, the answer was yes, you should always report something and let the mods decide if it deserves an infraction.

Togath
2013-08-17, 03:44 PM
I think he meant things at look at risk of changing to inappropriate topics.

KillianHawkeye
2013-08-17, 05:10 PM
I think he meant things at look at risk of changing to inappropriate topics.

In that case, my guess would be to wait until it happens rather than to "pre-report" it.

The thing about threads being in the wrong forum I think is fine, though.

Tengu_temp
2013-08-17, 05:35 PM
Yes, you are being overzealous.

Roland St. Jude
2013-08-18, 12:47 AM
So I was wondering. I have a habit of reporting threads I think might venture into inappropriate topics and threads in the roleplaying forum that I think should be moved into one of the subforum. Am I being overzealous or is it better to be safe than sorry?
Sheriff: Those are two very different circumstances. The second is obvious. Yes, please report threads in the wrong place. The first requires some judgment. Everything might venture into religion or politics. If you think something will inevitably take a turn for the inappropriate, sure, report it. If you just have a hunch, or think it's possible, then, don't report it until it's more obvious.

When in doubt, just report it. If it's nothing, we'll see it's nothing in short order. But if it's something, and we can head it off at the pass, you've saved us much more in mod time.