Novercalis
2013-08-17, 07:30 PM
Scourge - Ego 6
+2 to Hit
+2 to Dmg

INT 12
WIS 12
CHA 10

Bloodfeeding - every 5 blood point used will deal an additional 2 points o dmg to target.
Able to store 50 blood points, unleashing a max o 20 points o dmg.

Empathy - urge to cause pain

30ft Vision & Hearing

Continuous Deathwatch.

===========================
Questions

1) So why do these items have Stats? What can I do with them?

2) Yay, it can see and hear... ok.. How is that helpful if it can't speak?
What can I or the DM do with that?

==========

In regards to "possession" - how often can it occur? I like to interact with the Weapon and have it take over me from time to time. Like after every battle, It's Empathy kicks in and makes me whiplash my party or accidently kill our hostage....
All he is used for atm is, letting me know who is on low life so I can heal or kill.

AuraTwilight
2013-08-17, 07:35 PM
1) So why do these items have Stats? What can I do with them?

You can't be a conscious being without mental stats, and intelligent items have perception, are capable of using spell-like abilities, and performing entirely mental skills.

2) Yay, it can see and hear... ok.. How is that helpful if it can't speak?

Because it has a limited capacity to act on its own. Seeing and hearing means it can tell if you're acting in accord with it's own desires.

In regards to "possession" - how often can it occur? I like to interact with the Weapon and have it take over me from time to time. Like after every battle, It's Empathy kicks in and makes me whiplash my party or accidently kill our hostage....
All he is used for atm is, letting me know who is on low life so I can heal or kill.

That really depends. Generally it's not something you WANT to happen, since the item tries to possess hosts when they're not cooperating with it. What's it's alignment? It's goals and personality? Why does it let you use it?

Novercalis
2013-08-17, 09:35 PM
alignment is LE and I am LE.

I can find some good use and excuses having it take over me and randomly cause pain to someone (party member)

the weapon is a hierloom that was created by Loviatar. My Ancestor, a very high rank decided to sacriice himself to Loviatar, in doing so, she was impressed and created a scourge with his blood, skin and bones. Since then, each member of my ancestor who owned the weapon has also decided to do the same, as a tradition during old age or near death in battle, etc etc.

Only difference is, while I have suffered amnesia and unaware I am truly LE and lately throughout my campaign I have been more on survival mode, working with a party of NE, LG, LN. I would say, or think, my Moral is all wonky..

So having this weapon possess me, would put me back into LE or atleast give me more familiarity of this action and lust.
I can than use this as an excuse when I decide to be evil or cause pain intentionally and be all like - it was the weapon again...

So how do I go about giving this weapon some life into my campaign.

Flickerdart
2013-08-17, 09:55 PM
The guidelines for creating intelligent items mention that an Ego check should be made at every important junction (such as the start of a fight) whenever the character is acting out of sync with the item's wishes. However, with an Ego of 6, it's not going to be able to win very often.

Novercalis
2013-08-18, 12:27 AM
got me curious now, is it possible, throughout the campaign, I can somehow increase it's Ego? Add more magical property or whatnot?

Segev
2013-08-18, 12:33 AM
If you're wanting the "take-over" IC - that is, your character wants it - he could always voluntarily fail the ego competition, and re-assert later when he feels like it.

Honestly, that seems like a potential way to get around communication issues: let it possess you when it wants to as long as what it does is helpful, and it can use your mouth to speak.

Additionally, Empathy is enough to give a warning of "danger" or "distrust" or a sense that it likes somebody or whatnot.

Flickerdart
2013-08-18, 10:41 AM
got me curious now, is it possible, throughout the campaign, I can somehow increase it's Ego? Add more magical property or whatnot?
Ego is set by the item's stats and abilities that stem from being intelligent. Upgrading it like any other normal item won't increase it.

Novercalis
2013-08-18, 11:55 AM
cancel this msg.

drack
2013-08-18, 02:08 PM
Ego is set by the item's stats and abilities that stem from being intelligent. Upgrading it like any other normal item won't increase it.

Isn't there a factor that depends on base item price?

Flickerdart
2013-08-18, 02:29 PM
Isn't there a factor that depends on base item price?
Not in 3.5. No idea about Pathfinder.

drack
2013-08-18, 02:35 PM
*looks*
Ah, I'm thinking of the +1/point of enchantment bonus, and /special ability, which is likely something inherent to the item that you're making intelligent. :smallbiggrin:

Novercalis
2013-08-18, 05:05 PM
3.5 DM manuel - intelligent item does not get bonus ego points for magical base item cost. I WISH it did. Pathfinder does I think, atleast in the internet PF SRD page. My weapon would have been an ego 16 I think.