PDA

View Full Version : Deathless Templates?

Yogibear41
2013-08-17, 09:08 PM
Are their any templates that change somethings creature type into deathless? I know there are a bunch of undead templates, but can't seem to find any deathless off hand.

CyberThread
2013-08-17, 09:30 PM
Deathless is not a template, but rather just a mimic of whatever it was created to be from. It is purely a NPC tool.

Yogibear41
2013-08-17, 09:34 PM
No, not deathless specifically but the creature type.

Like Vampires, Liches, Ghouls etc. are templates that can make your character undead. I'm looking for similar templates that make them "deathless" aka the good version of undead.

Verditude
2013-08-17, 10:58 PM
None exist in 3.5, as far as I know. Is this a PC or an NPC? You could give an NPC a level of Risen Martyr (BoED), or even a PC if it won't interfere with his/her build. Maybe as the 20th level of the build, since after you take one level you have to keep going with Risen Martyr, and at the 10th level you move on to the afterlife and likely aren't supposed to be resurrected, although RAW you can be. But then you aren't deathless anymore.

Alternatively, if the good lich template from 3.0 Monsters of Faerūn wasn't officially updated to 3.5; you could houserule it as granting the deathless type in your "update with minor changes."

Edit: the good lich was actually updated in Libris Mortis and is still undead, so the RAW justification for the second option is kinda janky, but I'd still allow it.

Edit again: the sacred watcher from BoED changes your type to deathless. It's basically the deathless version of the ghost template. LA +5 though, which is a doozy.

dantiesilva
2013-08-17, 11:00 PM
BoED has a Deathless template....Not exactly good as you gain all the weakness of undead with none of the benefits though.

I think ebberon also had a template as well for the elves.

Verditude
2013-08-17, 11:34 PM
A further note on the risen martyr: you actually rise as a 0-level risen martyr, which changes your type to deathless and nothing more. So if you want to have a build that only really does things with the deathless type at level 20, feel free to take 20 levels of whatever, be martyred, and then rise as an X 20/risen martyr 0 with the deathless type and no other modifications. You then have a code of conduct (no evil acts, but being exalted is already a prereq for Risen Martyr) and you aren't exactly epic-ready, as you have to take only risen martyr levels until you ascend, but it works.

Lappy9001
2015-11-12, 09:09 PM
Deathless is a template found in the Eberron Campaign Setting.

Jowgen
2015-11-13, 07:01 AM
Sacred Watcher is the deathless version of Ghost found in BoED.