PDA

View Full Version : In the OOTS universe, is suicide an evil or neutral act?

Mollez
2013-08-17, 11:37 PM
Now I want to be very careful to avoid morally justified territory. I'm not asking if suicide is evil or bad or good IRL. I want to know how it is treated in DnD and in OOTS.

I'm asking because of V. If V is just going to have this threat hanging over V's head, that at any critical moment V could be rendered useless, it might come to the point where V would commit suicide to save the party from this flaw. This would remove V from a place of importance and thwart any devious plans that the fiends worked up related to OOTS.

But would this be a necessarily evil act, damning V to hell? Or would it be neutral, or even good because of the motivation and spirit of the thing?

The Giant
2013-08-17, 11:42 PM
In official D&D, it has never been addressed and there is no clear answer, likely because the game designers want to be very careful not to accidentally condone suicide. In OOTS, I'm not saying because I want to be very careful not to accidentally condone suicide. Every other possible angle on this conversation relies on the poster's own interpretation and opinion, and that is a straight line to personal moral/religious convictions.

While I appreciate that you approached this subject with utmost concern for not breaking the forum rules, there's just no way this conversation can be had without slipping into territory that we would prefer not to go.

Thread locked.