PDA

View Full Version : Swift Haste Swiftblade

Nightgaun7
2013-08-18, 12:15 AM
My gamemaster has ruled that Swift Haste counts for the purposes of becoming a Swiftblade.

We are going to be doing Red Hand of Doom, and I would like to get into Swiftblade either at level 5 or level 6.

What is the best way to do so? Ranger would be fine, but they don't get their first spell til 4th level at the absolute earliest. I know there are some other Ranger-specific ways to advance that, but I don't recall what they are.

I was wondering if there would e a good way to get Swift Haste onto the Wizard/Sorc list, or possibly Duskblade?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-08-18, 12:24 AM
Mystic Ranger ( Dragon 316 I believe) has 1-5 level spellcasting starti from level 1, add SotAP for a lighting warrior lite. Ask your Dm to let you advance Ranger casting witj swiftblade (by RAW it can't) and you are set.

Daftendirekt
2013-08-18, 08:15 AM
add SotAP for a lighting warrior lite.

Assuming that P was a typo, he is referring to Sword of the Arcane Order (http://dndtools.eu/feats/champions-of-valor--28/sword-of-the-arcane-order--2875/).

Dusk Eclipse
2013-08-18, 09:43 AM
Yep, typo sorry.

nedz
2013-08-18, 02:53 PM
Swift Haste is on the Ranger 2 list only.
Rangers would get this at level 8.

I don't know anyway to grab this as an arcanist — well Extra spell, maybe ?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-08-18, 03:46 PM
You can put Swift Haste on a Runestaff and UMD it to cast that as though it's a spell known, but only 3/day. Use some Incantatrix shenanigans to persist it.

Make a divine adaptation of Swiftblade and use Archivist. Dip Sacred Exorcist and go DMM: Persist.

Nettlekid
2013-08-18, 03:47 PM
I assume you're planning to get around this somehow, but I can't see how Swift Haste is good at all for Swiftblade. Swiftblade eventually allows you to free-Quicken your Haste spell, and most of Swiftblade's class features rely on Haste being active. Swift Haste is only up for a single round, so you're burning spell slots and Swift actions every turn you want to do something special, as opposed to just going with Ranger, taking one level in Trapsmith (I read like an FAQ or Sage Advice thing saying that with Trapsmith in mind, you could rewrite the Swiftblade's spell slot prereq to be "all spell slots of the level that you gain Haste must be used for Haste" or something like that. It's not RAW, but if your DM is already letting you use Swift Haste then they seem willing to bend the rules to hold with intent) and then going through with Swiftblade like that.

Vaz
2013-08-18, 04:00 PM
Swift Haste is on the Ranger 2 list only.
Rangers would get this at level 8.

I don't know anyway to grab this as an arcanist — well Extra spell, maybe ?

Full BAB 2/Archivist 3 gets you in at ECL6.

SirAxealot
2013-08-18, 04:52 PM
I assume you're planning to get around this somehow, but I can't see how Swift Haste is good at all for Swiftblade. Swiftblade eventually allows you to free-Quicken your Haste spell, and most of Swiftblade's class features rely on Haste being active. Swift Haste is only up for a single round, so you're burning spell slots and Swift actions every turn you want to do something special, as opposed to just going with Ranger, taking one level in Trapsmith (I read like an FAQ or Sage Advice thing saying that with Trapsmith in mind, you could rewrite the Swiftblade's spell slot prereq to be "all spell slots of the level that you gain Haste must be used for Haste" or something like that. It's not RAW, but if your DM is already letting you use Swift Haste then they seem willing to bend the rules to hold with intent) and then going through with Swiftblade like that.

Just using it for early entry most likely.

nedz
2013-08-18, 07:52 PM
Full BAB 2/Archivist 3 gets you in at ECL6.

Ah, I'd forgotten about Archivist.