PDA

View Full Version : Which of these gods do YOU think is most appropriate for the drow?

xBlackWolfx
2013-08-18, 06:36 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/gods-3rd-party-publishers/gods-of-porphyra-pdg

I like these gods a lot, but I have one small problem: not a single one of them is suitable for the drow! I've read over this list several times, and I can't find one deity that would appeal to the drow in anyway with the only possible exception being kamus (and he's got 'sun' as one of his domains! come on!)

What baffles me even more is that the drow DO appear to exist in the world of porphyra, which makes no sense. If the drow do infact exist (and from the looks of it might be a PC race), then why is there no deity that is suited to them?

Edenbeast
2013-08-18, 07:28 AM
I tend see drow as dark, hateful/vengeful beings, in for murder and madness, demon worshipping, and generally inclined towards the chaotic evil spectrum of alignment. So I think you can't go very wrong with either Rajuk Amon-Gore, Vortain, or Nemyth Vaar, or all three. Mind you, I'm not familiar with the setting, this is solely based on the link you provided.

Invader
2013-08-18, 07:43 AM
Yeah all their evil gods seem pretty on dimensional. Shade because of assassins and the portfolio would be close but still doesn't feel right.

Lafaellar
2013-08-18, 08:05 AM
I think it is difficult to assign drow a single deity other than lolth.
Lolth claim derives from the history of this race.
I don't think another single deity would be able to maintain such a strong claim on this race so without lolth drow would start to refer to polytheism instead of the near monotheistic system they are using.

Shade would have a strong impact on this race, but I don't think he would be the only one, his name however would be rather whispered than shouted.

Kamus would have a strong claim aswell, although the sun domain is a bit of a hindrance here but perhaps they would refer to him by another name and with a replacement domain or something like that.

Nemyth Vaar would be fitting to mercenary parties but would not have a strong claim in society itself.

Linium might be revered by wizards and craftsmen. The law part would be neglected.

Rajuk Amon-Gore might have a small portion as well.

xBlackWolfx
2013-08-18, 04:16 PM
I tend see drow as dark, hateful/vengeful beings, in for murder and madness, demon worshipping, and generally inclined towards the chaotic evil spectrum of alignment. So I think you can't go very wrong with either Rajuk Amon-Gore, Vortain, or Nemyth Vaar, or all three. Mind you, I'm not familiar with the setting, this is solely based on the link you provided.

I was thinking about vortain too, but he's essentially the god of psychedelic drugs, and its specifically stated that his worshippers like to wear brightly colored clothing....yeah.

Kamus teaches that anyone can be superior if they have the power to be. I was sorta thinking that all the drow would view him as superior to them bc of their weakness to sunlight, and his power over it. That would make sense, and would add an interesting dimension to them.