PDA

View Full Version : Rift Theory number 2398273297

Fenyang
2013-08-18, 03:45 PM
Dont know if this was already discussed but...

What if the world seen through the rifts is.....

1 - Another prison for the Snarl. A Prison built within a prison. Since they could not fix the first one, the gods decided to repeat the trick.

2 - *Spoilers from SoD*

a world the Dark One can turned into a home for the goblins. 1 and 2 can even be linked. Red Cloack may be outdated regarding the Dark One plans for the portal. Instead of controlling it, he may just bring the Goblins to it and use it as their haven. .

SavageWombat
2013-08-18, 04:43 PM
Well, the threads of creation that made the snarl's prison were used to make the new world - would there be any left for a second?

Gift Jeraff
2013-08-18, 04:45 PM
Moral of the story: segregation is OK? :smallfrown:

Arcanist
2013-08-18, 04:53 PM

Well... That is one way to look at it... We can also look at it as saying that "for peace to exist, we must know each others boundaries." :smallconfused:

Fenyang
2013-08-18, 07:01 PM
Well, the threads of creation that made the snarl's prison were used to make the new world - would there be any left for a second?

I really canīt answer that but the theory does explain the new world and the fact that the Snarl is nowhere to be seen.

Regarding the segregation question, that is what already happens in the D&D world, isnīt it? Remember that we are looking things from the monsters perspective. I donīt have the books here but if Iīm not wrong the Dark One wants the gate so the Goblins can be left in their place, free to leave in peace, isnīt it?

littlebum2002
2013-08-19, 09:23 AM

Or "good fences make good neighbors"

But seriously, for a race that was created specifically to be killed by other races, I think segregation might be preferable to living with people who think they are morally obligated to kill you.

Solse
2013-08-19, 12:39 PM
I view it as this: the Snarl was able to form itself into a new world. That simple.