PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] RAID?!

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-17, 05:05 PM
One Against Many [Tactical]
You are skilled in the battle against infestations.
Prerequisites: Dodge, Perform (dance) 4 ranks
Benefit: The One Against Many feat grants you access to three special tactical maneuvers.

Stone in the Tide: You know how to remain perfectly still as a rock. As a full-round action you can prepare yourself to be surrounded. As long as you perform no actions, swarms with an intelligence score of 2 or less do not consider you to be a threat and merely move over or around you, dealing no damage. If at any time you move while within the swarm's space you alert them that you are not what you seem. If this occurs you may not use stone in the tide against the same swarm for 24 hours.

Dance of Death: Swarms becomes but smears left in your path. As a full-round action you use a combination of hops and twists to crush hundreds of individuals of the swarm underfoot. Even swarms that are immune to weapon damage take 1d4 points of damage for every size category the dancer is above the swarm.
If the dancer takes up at least 5 feet more space as the swarm, he may attempt to do the swarm in all at once. The swarm must succeed on a Reflex save (DC = 15 + dancer's Str modifier) or take double damage from the dance.

Scatterblow: With a cape or blanket you can attempt to break up flying swarms. As a full round action you may attempt an attack against the swarm. If successful, you whip about your voluminous object, breaking up the main mass of the swarm and momentarily disorienting them. The swarm now takes up double the space they did previously and can still be damaged by area affects, but do no damage to those in their space. On its turn the swarm may regroup into any of the squares they occupied while scattered and do damage as normal.

Mewtarthio
2006-12-18, 01:21 AM
Aieee! You ate Santa Claus!? How will we get our presents now!?

Re: The Feat

Why does the Dance of Death deal more damage if you're larger than the swarm? The swarm's size is based off the size of the individual creatures. I'd think a Fine swarm would take far less damage than a Tiny swarm as its members can more easily dodge the attack (or even be so small as to slip through your fingers); I certainly doubt it'd take more damage.

The_Cowinator
2006-12-18, 01:41 AM
Why does the Dance of Death deal more damage if you're larger than the swarm? The swarm's size is based off the size of the individual creatures. I'd think a Fine swarm would take far less damage than a Tiny swarm as its members can more easily dodge the attack (or even be so small as to slip through your fingers); I certainly doubt it'd take more damage.

I believe he is referring to the amount of space the swarm takes up.

Nice feat btw, but somewhat exotic. Good if your DM likes swarms.

Fizban
2006-12-18, 03:25 AM
Haha, I can just see a fighter taking this to get through some really annoying dungeon, and regretting it for many levels afterward. Then when the swarm shifter lich and creeping doom casting druid attack he's glad the DM didn't let him retrain it.

icke
2006-12-18, 04:42 AM
Effective, but highly specialized. Why not add some goodies to battle smaller creatures in general? I mean, for a storm giant, a bunch of elven pegasus riders could just as much be a swarm as a locust swarm for a halfling...

How about something like that:

Scatterblow:
[...Text as usual...]You can use a full-round action to stun one flying creature two size categories smaller than yourself, as per the Stunning Fist monk ability. This action does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Usefull against stirges and things like that...