PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Template (ghost walk version)

Yogibear41
2013-08-18, 08:35 PM
Does the ghostwalk ghost template, where it changes you to an incorporeal outsider instead of an undead, have a LA of +0, or is it a LA of - meaning not meant for player use?

danzibr
2013-08-18, 08:47 PM
Does the ghostwalk ghost template, where it changes you to an incorporeal outsider instead of an undead, have a LA of +0, or is it a LA of - meaning not meant for player use?
I see it called as LA+0.

avr
2013-08-18, 08:49 PM
Ghostwalk absolutely intends the PCs to be walking around as ghosts sometimes. So LA 0.

Yogibear41
2013-08-18, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I just found the 3.0 to 3.5 update and it lists it as la+0, honestly the template seems pretty amazing to me incorporeal and the ability to fly for +0 la? Why wouldn't you want to take that for a spell caster? Although I know it was meant specifically for ghost walk campaigns could it not as easily be used in a regular setting, or would it be to strong under those circumstances?

EDIT: well I can see why a wizard wouldn't want to take it be pretty hard to carry around a spell book if you can't pick anything up lol

Vaz
2013-08-18, 09:07 PM
Because Ghostwalk is a completely different setting requiring Ghosts to take levels in Eidolon/Eidoloncer or go "bloop" into thin air.

Yogibear41
2013-08-18, 09:26 PM
Actually, from the looks of it this template is a stand alone from the whole concept of characters dying and coming back and the alternate ghost class progression along with character progression. This template specifically gives abilities that normal ghost players don't have without taking the appropriate ghost feats, such as flight.

Fax Celestis
2013-08-18, 09:40 PM
Right. It's an LA+0 template because you're supposed to apply it to the entire party (thereby basically devaluing its benefits because everyone has them and they don't provide any uneven benefits), rather than to a single player in an otherwise standard party.

Yogibear41
2013-08-18, 10:16 PM
Probably right, I just like to play odd-ball things and am always on the look out for things that are "out-there" --insert twilight zone music here-- and appreciate when I can find something that's cool and I don't have to shoot myself in the foot LA wise.