PDA

View Full Version : Lay on Hands(paladin) and multiclassing

Yogibear41
2013-08-18, 09:30 PM
Is their anyway, to make a paladins lay on hands ability scale off of character level or even just paladin class level+ x class level?

Was working on a concept for a cloistered cleric with a 2 level paladin dip for bonuses to saves and lay on hands and was looking for a way to make it actually have some decent healing potential (character would be a heavy support character)

Talya
2013-08-18, 09:44 PM
Is their anyway, to make a paladins lay on hands ability scale off of character level or even just paladin class level+ x class level?

Was working on a concept for a cloistered cleric with a 2 level paladin dip for bonuses to saves and lay on hands and was looking for a way to make it actually have some decent healing potential (character would be a heavy support character)

Three levels of this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin) will make your paladin level 6 for lay hands and special mount, cost you nothing in terms of Turn Undead, and only 1 level of spellcasting.

Doesn't do exactly what you want, but it's a far better idea for a cleric multiclassing paladin than actual paladin levels.

Yogibear41
2013-08-18, 10:02 PM
Yeah, that was an idea I had was hoping for something better, thanks though.

Also I like your we didn't cast the fire :smallsmile:

Talya
2013-08-18, 10:04 PM
well, if you were willing to give up two caster levels for regular paladin, you could give up two in prcpaladin and take 5 levels of the class, giving you a paladin level of 8...

Yogibear41
2013-08-18, 10:19 PM
You have a point lol

eggynack
2013-08-18, 10:40 PM
I'm not quite getting the point of this one. Why not just take cleric into radiant servant of pelor if you're trying out the heavy healing route? Dipping into paladin to increase the healing abilities of a cleric seems rather illogical.

Yogibear41
2013-08-18, 11:01 PM
More or less just wanted a free detect evil, and the bonuses to saves, and just wanted the lay on hands boost as a bonus.

Nothing stopping me from taking them both though

actually no, they have different alignment requirements :smallfrown: