PDA

View Full Version : This is about un-checked aggression, Dude.

Lossoth
2013-08-18, 10:29 PM
This is about drawing a Line in the Sand. Across this line, YOU DO NOT.....
Also, Belkar, "Lizardman" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Lizardfolk", please.

Bonus: the events depicted in the Big Lebowski began on 9/11, 1991.:smallcool:

Jay R
2013-08-18, 10:52 PM
Also, Belkar, "Lizardman" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Lizardfolk", please.

This may come as a bit of a surprise to you, but Belkar does not in fact always do the socially approved thing.

Olinser
2013-08-18, 10:53 PM
While I love the movie, I'm not sure exactly where you're getting that this comic was in any way a Big Lebowski joke. As a random joke it doesn't really work.

It's a shame though. That Ziggurat really tied the desert together.

Silva Stormrage
2013-08-19, 12:03 AM
I am not sure the reference here :smallconfused:

Olinser
2013-08-19, 08:07 AM
I am not sure the reference here :smallconfused:

It's from a movie - The Big Lebowski.

You're probably not sure of the reference because there IS no reference in the recent comic.

Vinsfeld
2013-08-19, 09:06 AM
It's from a movie - The Big Lebowski.

You're probably not sure of the reference because there IS no reference in the recent comic.

This thread doesn't really make much sense.

SavageWombat
2013-08-19, 09:38 AM

So MARK IT ZERO!

/never seen the movie actually

Jaycemonde
2013-08-19, 10:26 AM
It's a shame though. That Ziggurat really tied the desert together.

Did you just--?

littlebum2002
2013-08-19, 11:01 AM

That's because you're obviously not a golfer.

Solse
2013-08-19, 12:17 PM
So MARK IT ZERO!

/never seen the movie actually

I love referencing television shows that I never watch. Who wants to hear me make Doctor Who jokes when all that I know about the show comes from its Wikipedia page?

SowZ
2013-08-19, 03:31 PM
Aaaand now I have to go buy the ingredients to make myself a White Russian. I'm broke, btw, so thanks for that! geeeez.

Nimrod's Son
2013-08-19, 10:47 PM
Aaaand now I have to go buy the ingredients to make myself a White Russian. I'm broke, btw, so thanks for that! geeeez.
Consider it a life-lesson. You ain't got kahlua, vodka and half-and-half (or "milk", if you live in the UK), you have no business inviting people back to yours in the first place.

On topic, I love The Big Lebowski more than I love most members of my family, but there ain't no reference there.

littlebum2002
2013-08-19, 11:47 PM
I love referencing television shows that I never watch. Who wants to hear me make Doctor Who jokes when all that I know about the show comes from its Wikipedia page?

LOL! I do that, too. But to be fair, YouTube makes it a lot easier. I haven't seen any Monty Python movies, but I've seen the funniest bits from them on YouTube, enough to quote them whenever the situation calls for it.

And to be fair to the original poster, I believe he was hinting that strip 911 had a Big Lebowsky reference, not 912. The problem is, that doesn't have one either from what I can see.

Nimrod's Son
2013-08-19, 11:53 PM
I'm pretty certain there has never been a deliberate Big Lebowski reference in the entire history of the strip. I'm kinda qualified to spot such things. :smallwink: