PDA

View Full Version : [PF]How can i increase CL?

isildur
2013-08-18, 10:56 PM
By feat, trait, or item.

I know there are mage's tattoo, bloodmage initiate, spell specialization, gifted adept, orange ioun stone, moon circlet, bead of karma, robe of summit.

Is there something else?

grarrrg
2013-08-18, 11:02 PM
By feat, trait, or item.

I know there are mage's tattoo, bloodmage initiate, spell specialization, gifted adept, orange ioun stone, moon circlet, bead of karma, robe of summit.

Is there something else?

Magical Knack (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/magic-traits/magical-knack) trait is one of the better options, but it's more for Gishes or builds with a dip, as it can't boost CL above your HD.

Do you have a specific class/build in mind? That may help us help you.

intothenight
2013-08-18, 11:07 PM
There's Mystic Phoenix Stance and Firebird stance from the Jade Phoenix Mage PrC in ToB. And the Practiced Spellcaster feat from Complete Divine will up your caster level by 4, but your total caster level for that can't exceed your HD.

anacalgion
2013-08-18, 11:09 PM
There's Mystic Phoenix Stance and Firebird stance from the Jade Phoenix Mage PrC in ToB. And the Practiced Spellcaster feat from Complete Divine will up your caster level by 4, but your total caster level for that can't exceed your HD.

Pretty sure he specified pathfinder, not 3.5 unfortunately. Not quite sure how to do it in pathfinder. Any more specifics you can give, or is it just minmaxing your cl?

intothenight
2013-08-18, 11:14 PM
Pretty sure he specified pathfinder, not 3.5 unfortunately. Not quite sure how to do it in pathfinder. Any more specifics you can give, or is it just minmaxing your cl?Ah, missed the Pathfinder part of that. Afraid I don't have any Pathfinder-specific advice for you.

isildur
2013-08-18, 11:18 PM
Any more specifics you can give, or is it just minmaxing your cl?

Just looking for that sort of thing.

Arutema
2013-08-19, 04:41 AM
For spells with the [Cold] descriptor, there is the Voidfrost Robe from Ultimate Equipment.

Alleran
2013-08-19, 05:51 AM
By feat, trait, or item.

Is there something else?
Get a wayfinder and stick your orange ioun stone in there. It should resonate and give you a 1d4-1 (technically 1d4-2, but the +1 from the ioun stone means it gains a boost) boost to caster level. Minimum can be +0, but the rest of the time you're getting between a 0 and 3 increase. If you can get a wayfinder with two ioun stone slots, you might even be able to put two orange ioun stones in there and range from +0 to +6 instead.

Psyren
2013-08-19, 08:55 AM
Note that Ioun Stones can explicitly be upgraded as well, so you could power up your Orange Ioun Stone so it grants additional CL. Doing so will also prevent a bad resonance from the Wayfinder to cause you to lose your spell/power.