PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Res Machu Picchu

Balain
2013-08-19, 02:45 AM
Just saw this site with a high res picture of Machu Picchu (http://www.gigapixelperu.com/Welcome.html) and though others might like to see it.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-08-19, 10:09 PM
That is, in fact, super cool. Machu Picchu is on my short list of world wonders that I need to see. This is nice until I can afford to do so.

Kalmageddon
2013-08-20, 07:07 AM
Nice... If only I could travel more... If only...:smallfrown:

Serpentine
2013-08-20, 07:51 AM
*immediately zooms straight into random people*
Oh hey, that guy has a bottle of water, what appears to be some sort of greenish beverage, and sunscreen in his bag.

Surfing HalfOrc
2013-08-20, 04:28 PM
Oh hey, that guy has a bottle of water, what appears to be some sort of greenish beverage, and sunscreen in his bag.

You too? I thought it was only me! (I tried to see what time it was by zooming in on some lady's watch. I could see the watch, but not the time).

Benthesquid
2013-08-20, 04:32 PM

Me too! Which led to the discovery that the guy in the front of the group to the left of the structure with the slanted plant fiber roof seems to be losing his hat.

Haruki-kun
2013-08-20, 11:27 PM
....not me. I zoomed in on the rocks on the wall.

DANG. You can see the roughness on them. They're certainly... uhm.... rocks. Yes.

Elemental
2013-08-21, 04:45 AM
What I really want to know is... Why is there a really long power cord going across the big lawn in the middle?

Surfing HalfOrc
2013-08-21, 07:36 AM
The guy in the red plaid shirt is looking directly at the cameraman, smiling, and giving a Thumbs Up. He MAY have known there was a photo about to be snapped.

Where's Waldo? :smallwink:
(Does Pepsi get Product Placement Points?)

JustPlayItLoud
2013-08-21, 10:25 AM
The guy in the red plaid shirt is looking directly at the cameraman, smiling, and giving a Thumbs Up. He MAY have known there was a photo about to be snapped.

Where's Waldo? :smallwink:
(Does Pepsi get Product Placement Points?)

I like that you bring up the thumbs up guy and not the disembodied head floating just a few steps below him. The ruins are clearly haunted!

AdmiralCheez
2013-08-26, 11:13 AM
Actually there's a link under the photo that discusses the floating heads. They are, in fact, ghostly artifacts

...of the panoramic process, in which a subject appears in one frame of the image, but moves in between shots, causing their body to disappear.