PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed on SwashBuckler / Rogue

Yondu
2013-08-19, 04:31 AM
Hello,
Currently playing a 3.5 Dragonlance game, I play a SW 8 / Rogue 3 with Daring Outlaw.
I'm closing the 12th and planning my new feat.
My current feats are Dodge, Mobility (Yes I know it sucks, but was planning first to have a Duelist and change my mind), Deadly Defense, Weapon Finesse, Daring Outlaw.
I have several solutions, go TWF and select 1st level Fighter for TWF and Craven ( must have the approval of the DM, he will probably refuse craven...) maybe Heroic Surge (Dragonlance so will be surely approved.) or go 4th Rogue and Select Heroic Surge....
TOB forbiden (Try once to have a Goliath Warblade but face a abrupt NIET...)
The party is low optimisation except for a FB we have a Fighter 13, a Healing Hand of Mishakal 13 , a Shadowdancer / Sorcerer 12, a Red Mage 12.
I play the face of the group and rely on mobility for the fight.
I need some advice for the next level / Feat...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-08-19, 04:40 AM
See if you can retrain some feats per PH2 to get TWF and Improved TWF, and at 12 get Greater TWF. You would need to stand and full attack rather than moving a lot, so pay close attention to positioning.

If you can't retrain any feats, maybe pick up Elusive Target in Complete Warrior. That's extremely fitting for a tricky character like this, and its ability to negate power attack damage will probably save your life.

I'd get the fourth Rogue level for Uncanny Dodge, but keep getting more Swashbuckler afterward.

Gwendol
2013-08-19, 07:13 AM
I second trying to retrain your feats, rather than dipping fighter. If not, get your hands on a finessable two-handed weapon and start pumping strength to fuel power attack. The elven courtblade or the spiked chain comes to mind.

ArcaneGlyph
2013-08-19, 07:47 AM
Grab up a Shadow Hand Maneuver from the TOB then next feat grab Assassin's stance.