PDA

View Full Version : The Favorite Relationship Tournament

Pages : [1] 2 3

Moriwen
2013-08-19, 09:05 AM
Hello and welcome to the Favorite Relationship Tournament! Inspired by oppyu's wildly successful Favorite Character Tournament, we will work to determine the best relationship in the comic.

See the full bracket here (www.challonge.com/favoriterelationshiptournament), or click on the link in my signature to vote on the latest match-ups.

bguy
2013-08-19, 09:21 AM
Nominate away! Nominations close with the next strip or August 26th, whichever comes later.

Alright, I'll nominate:

Lirian-Dorukan

Nale-Zz'dtri

Haley-Celia

Rakoa
2013-08-19, 09:35 AM
Tarquin-Malack
Tarquin-Elan
Tarquin-Nale

What? I like Tarquin!

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-19, 09:37 AM
Nominating:

Monster in the dark and O-chul
Elan and Tarquin
Thog and Roy

aabicus
2013-08-19, 09:43 AM
Let's get some second votes in there. The second vote is always the most important in the pre-game.

Belkar/Mr. Scruffy
Tarquin/Elan
Monster in the Dark/O-Chul

Gift Jeraff
2013-08-19, 09:51 AM
Elan and Thog
Nale and Sabine
Jones and Rodriguez

ratfox
2013-08-19, 09:57 AM
MitD - O-Chul
Vaarsuvius - Blackwing
Belkar - Mr. Scruffy

phobiandarkmoon
2013-08-19, 10:01 AM
MitD and Mr Stiffly/O'Chul

Vaarsuvius and Blackwing

Haley and Elan

littlebum2002
2013-08-19, 10:53 AM
Monster in the Dark/O-Chul
Belkar - Mr. Scruffy
Elan and Thog

Demolator
2013-08-19, 10:58 AM
Roy-Miko
Xykon-Redcloak
Zz'dtri-Nale
Tarquin-Nale in light of 913

screwtape
2013-08-19, 11:35 AM
elan-therkla
thog-roy
seer-belkar

Sylian
2013-08-19, 11:40 AM
Redcloak - Right-Eye
O-Chul - Monster in the Darkness
Belkar - Mr. Scruffy

Special mention to Belkar - Shojo, it's a shame I only got three votes. Oh, and Gannji - Enor, too.

Timix
2013-08-19, 12:02 PM
Belkar-Mr.Scruffy
Thog-Nale
Malack-Durkon

oppyu
2013-08-19, 12:19 PM
Elan and Belkar
Daigo and Kazumi
Nale and Sabine

Coopenhagen21
2013-08-19, 12:19 PM
Belkar - Mr. Scruffy: A cat has given one of the main characters a whole extra dimension IMO.

Elan - Tarquin: His father is an evil man, and he is a hero, yet his father keeps aiding him. Not only does he know he needs to defeat his father, that is exactly what his father wants. It has already been shown that it is driving him crazy.

Roy - Durkon: In the short time between Durkon's death and Malak's death, Roy was beside himself with grief over his death, going as far as to pretty much announce they had lost. I think even though Elan and Haley have become team-mates, not just employees to Roy, his relationship with Durkon was pivotal in keeping him from insanity.

Honourable Mentions: V - Elan (Sometimes great (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0478.html), sometimes very bad (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0599.html)), Haley - Belkar (watching her struggle to contain Belkar while Roy was dead), MitD - O-Chul.

MoonCat
2013-08-19, 12:27 PM
Belkar-Vaarsuvius
Malack-Durkon
Belkar-Mr. Scruffy- The only OoTS strips that ever has made me cry was one about the two of them. :smallsmile:

Synesthesy
2013-08-19, 12:31 PM
Tsukiko - Xykon (at least the dream of)
Belkar - Vaarsuvius
Tarquin - Elan's mother

AcerbicOrb
2013-08-19, 12:48 PM
Durkon-Malack
Tarquin-Elan
Belkar-Mr Scruffy

Bulldog Psion
2013-08-19, 01:11 PM
Roy-Belkar Those two almost always make me laugh when they start trading verbal jabs.
Malack-Durkon
Elan-Haley Because there's got to be romance in there somewhere.

Draz74
2013-08-19, 01:12 PM
Belkar / Shojo
Roy / Haley
Xykon / Redcloak

Bluepaw
2013-08-19, 01:13 PM
Love it -- thanks for taking this on (and boo hiss for providing me with yet more procrastination fodder).

Kazumi - Daigo
Roy - Eugene
Roy - Wizard Guy

(and shout-outs to Belkar - Vaarsuvius, Tarquin - Elan, and Gannji - Enor, but they've been nominated already and I suspect they'll have no trouble in the seeds. Just wanted to season the pot a bit with my nominations...)

rainbowjo
2013-08-19, 01:16 PM
I nominate:
Tarquin/Elan
Haley/Celia
Nale/Sabine

rs2excelsior
2013-08-19, 02:11 PM
Tarquin/Elan
Belkar/Mr. Scruffy
Xykon/Redcloak

One semi-adversarial, one companion/master, and one adversarial with an alliance of convenience thrown in. Should be interesting.

Potshotlynxlynx
2013-08-19, 02:16 PM
Vaarsuvius and Malack
Haley and Tarquin
Redcloak and O-Chul

Sylian
2013-08-19, 02:21 PM
[...] (and shout-outs to [...] Gannji - Enor, but they've been nominated already and I suspect they'll have no trouble in the seeds.They actually haven't been nominated, not yet, though I suppose someone will nominate them eventually. Right, right? :smallwink:

Poppy Appletree
2013-08-19, 02:33 PM
Mine:

Niu-Thanh
Nale-Zz'dtri
Hinjo-Lien

I was going to nominate O'Chul-MitD and Thog-Elan, but someone got those already and I felt Niu-Thanh and Hinjo-Lien deserved a mention.

Infinite
2013-08-19, 02:41 PM
Mitd/O-chul
Thog/Elan
Hinjo/O-chul

Exediron
2013-08-19, 04:22 PM
Lirian & Dorukan: Because poor Lirian needs some love. Of course, since she only appears in exactly 1 panel of the actual comic strip, the chances of these two actually winning anything is pretty slender...

Redcloak & Right-Eye: Again, probably doomed, but still one of the more touching (and sorrowful) relationships in the continuum.

Zz'dtri & Nale: One of the more intriguing relationships, and with Zz'dtri tragically dead one that will probably always remain a mystery. Why did he feel loyalty to Nale? Where did they meet? Alas...

----

Honorable mention to Miko & Windstriker (because it was the only functional relationship she had, sad to say) and Belkar & Vaarsuvius (because they're not only funny, but possibly actually care something for each other!).

Renneth
2013-08-19, 04:35 PM
Gannji / Enor
Miko / Shojo
Redcloak / Jirix

Gannji / Enor because despite being total jerkasses to our protagonists (and minor villains on the side), gosh, didn't everyone's heart just go out to them in the arena? Those are friends that truly belong together. (And as Sylian pointed out, it's shocking that no one's voted for them yet.)

Miko / Shojo because they had such a good thing going, y'know? Sure, Miko was probably crazy even back then, but she really looked up to Shojo and, in turn, he was able to nurture her talents toward good. Realizing that Shojo (the closest thing she'd ever had to a father -- and maybe even the only in-universe character who ever really cared for her) had betrayed her? I guess I can't really blame her for snapping altogether after that... (Also... this fan strip (http://darkfaun.deviantart.com/art/OotS-comic-2-185344203).)

Redcloak / Jirix just because.
:xykon: Did you two nerds come up with a plan yet? I'm running out of spells above 5th level!

---

:redcloak: A little much with the cornball jokes, don't you think?

---

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Cats_Are_Aliens/Banners/Jirix.png Good luck, Supreme Leader.
:redcloak: To you as well.

[[And of course, honorable mention goes to O-Chul / Monster-san. Really, I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if they don't win this.]]

Amoras
2013-08-19, 04:40 PM
Redcloak and Tsukiko
Mitd and Mr Stiffy
Enor and Ganji

A_Man
2013-08-19, 04:44 PM
Nale-Tarquin
Durkon-Roy

Can I vote for Belkar-Female Roy? Was hilarious. :P Alright, to keep it simple, Belkar-Roy

Exediron
2013-08-19, 05:08 PM
Redcloak and Tsukiko

Considering how that one ended, that's kind of sick... :smalleek:

Poppy Appletree
2013-08-19, 05:37 PM
I am sorely tempted to switch out my Elan and Thog seed boost to a nomination for Tsukiko and the wight with Thanh's shoes.

Ourgh
2013-08-19, 05:58 PM
First of all, let's reward Redcloak and Xykon for their wonderful evil alliance.

As second choice, I was going to say Monster in the Darkness and the Rest of the World, and then remembered that Moriwen specified that the relationship is between two specific characters. If I have to choose one, then let's say The Monster in the Dark / O-Chul and their unexpected friendship.

As always, the last choice is the most difficult... I decided to honour the protagonists this time, but there is still a lot of combinations... I think I'll settle with Durkon and Roy. Coopenhagen21 made a good point concerning their special bond, and the future of this relationship seems promising due to the recent events.

Bird
2013-08-19, 06:03 PM
I'm glad you decided to run with this. :smallsmile:

For anyone interested, I made a big old list of 70+ of the more interesting relationships, spoilered below. Maybe it will be helpful for folks pondering over their nominations. It's an alphabetical list, and each pair is only listed once -- so Eugene/Roy is there, but not Roy/Eugune.

I'm going to think it over a bit before picking nominations. I'll probably try to go for relationships that nobody else has nominated yet.

Ancient Black Dragon & Vaarsuvius
Argent & Hinjo
Banjo & Elan
Belkar & Durkon
Belkar & Elan
Belkar & Haley
Belkar & Miko
Belkar & Mr. Scruffy
Belkar & The Oracle
Belkar & Roy
Belkar & Shojo
Belkar & Vaarsuvius
Blackwing & Vaarsuvius
Bozzok & Haley
Celia & Haley
Celia & Roy
Crystal & Haley
Daigo Da- & Kazumi Kato
Daimyo Kubota & Elan
Daimyo Kubota & Therkla
Durkon & Elan
Durkon & Haley
Durkon & Hilgya
Durkon & Leeky Windstaff
Durkon & Malack
Durkon & Roy
Durkon & Thor
Durkon & Vaarsuvius
Elan & Haley
Elan & Hinjo
Elan & Julio Scoundrel
Elan & Nale
Elan & Roy
Elan & Samantha
Elan & Tarquin
Elan & Therkla
Elan & Thog
Elan & Vaarsuvius
Enor & Gannji
Eugene & Roy
Girard & Soon
Haley & Ian
Haley & Nale
Haley & Roy
Haley & Sabine
Haley & Samantha
Haley & Tsukiko
Haley & Vaarsuvius
Inkyrius & Vaarsuvius
IFCC & Vaarsuvius
Jirix & Redcloak
Julia & Roy
Kilkil & Tarquin
Lien & Razor
Malack & Nale
Malack & Tarquin
Miko & Roy
Miko & Shojo
Miko & Windstriker
MitD & O-Chul
MitD & Redcloak
MitD & Xykon
Mr. Jones & Mr. Rodriguez
Mr. Scruffy & Shojo
Nale & Roy
Nale & Sabine
Nale & Tarquin
Nale & Thog
Nale & Zz'dtri
O-Chul & Redcloak
Qarr & Vaarsuvius
Redcloak & Right-Eye
Redcloak & Tsukiko
Redcloak & Xykon
Roy & Roy's Archon
Roy & Sara
Roy & Thog
Roy & Vaarsuvius
Roy & Xykon
Samantha & Samantha's Dad
Tsukiko & Xykon
Vaarsuvius & Xykon
Vaarsuvius & Zz'dtri

littlebum2002
2013-08-19, 06:08 PM
Considering how that one ended, that's kind of sick... :smalleek:

Not as sick as Xykon and Tsukiko. :smallyuk:

Also, if switching is possible, I would like to switch "thog and elan" with "Elan and Therkla. If not, that's OK too, since both have been nominated already.

Saharo
2013-08-19, 06:25 PM
Alright, as much as I love some of these, I feel like it's more important that the best relationships get in than that they start seeded higher. So I'm gonna try to nominate only new ones.

Durkon and Thor
Come on, you guys. This one is great. You want to vote for it. You know you do.

Julio Scoundrél and Elan
Kind of in the vein of the last one. It's a lot of fun to watch them on-panel together, and Julio needs to be on here at some point. That being said, this sequence is a period of transformation for Elan. Julio really mentors him in a way few would be able to, and it leaves Elan a more compelling - or at least more capable - character.

The Oracle and The Audience.
Okay, let me make a case for this one. When you read The Oracle's lines, it's clear he knows the audience exists. He even talks directly to us (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0572.html) at one point. As a matter of fact, when you read over his lines, most of the best ones are spoken not with the onstage characters in mind, but with the audience. I'd say it's this interaction that makes him a memorable character at all.

EDIT: Swapped out my Elan/Roy one since all the Order relationships are now in as default.

Zach J.
2013-08-19, 06:32 PM
MitD/O-Chul
Kazumi/Daigo
Elan/Haley

TRH
2013-08-19, 06:42 PM
Nale/Zz'drti: Way to kill a character just as they're starting to attract interest. :smallmad:

Roy/Belkar: Tends to either be comedy gold or genuinely interesting party dynamics. Definitely the most interesting thing though is how ruthless both of them can be when around each other.

Vaarsuvius/Any other Order member: Vaarsuvius' relationships tend to be interesting; why most of these have been curtailed since Azure City if not longer baffles me more than anything else in the strip.

Wraithlord
2013-08-19, 06:47 PM
Malack-Durkon
Belkar-Mr. Scruffy
Belkar-Roy

And special mention for Belkar-Shojo and Gannji-Enor.

davidbofinger
2013-08-19, 06:56 PM
Kubota & Therkla
Haley & Hank
Durkon & Malack

Morthis
2013-08-19, 07:00 PM
Redcloak - Xykon
Mitd - O'Chull
Vaarsuvius - Belkar

Squirrel_Token
2013-08-19, 07:10 PM
Haley-Elan has to be in here :)

Also like V-Belkar and Redcloak-Xykon

Zmeoaice
2013-08-19, 07:11 PM
Qarr and V
Elan and Banjo
Roy and Durkon

white lancer
2013-08-19, 09:15 PM
...can we just say that all relationships between members of the Order are automatically entered in the tournament? They all really should be included and it would open up nomination slots for less obvious (but still great) pairings.

Bluepaw
2013-08-19, 09:24 PM
...can we just say that all relationships between members of the Order are automatically entered in the tournament? They all really should be included and it would open up nomination slots for less obvious (but still great) pairings.

Very much seconded.

Tock Zipporah
2013-08-19, 11:00 PM
Red Guy and Not-Green Guy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0327.html)

Hobgoblin Cleric #2 and his brother, Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip #433, Panel 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0703.html)

Banjo and his brother Giggles (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0561.html)

littlebum2002
2013-08-19, 11:01 PM
I already gave my nominations, so I'm putting this in a spoiler tag, because it's just a joke and I don't want it messing up your count.

Haley's latent bisexuality and some lucky girl back in Greysky city! :smallwink:

Reddish Mage
2013-08-19, 11:26 PM
Thog and Elan

Belkar and Miko
That was the greatest. Belkar is perfect for Miko baiting.

Moriwen
2013-08-20, 08:59 AM
Okay, in response to questions that have been asked:

1) Yes, I'll consider all relationships between members of the Order automatically entered, that seems fair. So if you voted for one of those pairings, you can change it. (You can also keep it, and it'll bump them up one step in the ratings.)

2) On which note, changing your vote is fine.

3) I'm going to count Roy/female Roy, Durkon/vampire Durkon, V/Darth V, and so on and so forth, as the same person. So Belkar & female Roy would be the same relationship as Belkar & Roy.

Glad to see so much interest!

littlebum2002
2013-08-20, 09:03 AM
Red Guy and Not-Green Guy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0327.html)

Great pick. "Don't bite me" is one of my favorite lines of the whole strip.

Mike Havran
2013-08-20, 09:18 AM
Tarquin and Elan.

Nale and Zz'dtri.

Shojo and Hinjo.

Bird
2013-08-20, 08:56 PM
All right, here are my nominations, all chosen because no one else has yet:

1. Roy & Xykon. A necessary inclusion, for irony if for no other reason; this is the definitive non-relationship in the comic.

2. Durkon & Hilgya. On top of being the only character development Durkon got for the first three quarters of the strip, this relationship represented OotS's first move towards drama, and some of its most genuinely touching moments.

3. Girard & Soon. The animosity here looms large in the OotS back-story and promises more intrigue to come.

In addition, here are six relationships which haven't been nominated, so I hope someone else gives them some love:

Malack & Nale. Who else wants to know what Malack did to Nale back when...?

IFCC & Vaarsuvius. Aren't we all on pins and needles waiting to find out how this one will play out? It'd be criminal if this were left out of the tourney. Also: "Familicide."

Ancient Black Dragon & Vaarsuvius. ......"Familicide."

Julia & Roy. Julia was never the most popular Greenhilt, but the brother/sister dynamic rings extremely true. I hope this makes it in.

Crystal & Haley. One of the more important rivalries.

Hinjo & Elan. He took his eyepatch away! :smallfrown:

(Edited to remove Inky & V and Nale & Elan, which have subsequently been nominated)

Hjorth
2013-08-20, 08:59 PM
Haley/Vaarsuvius
Vaarsuvius/Inkyrius

I'd put Belkar/Vaarsuvius as my third, but since that's already been mentioned and I should PROBABLY pick one that doesn't have V in it ...

Miko/Shojo

Their relationship is really interesting, when you think about it.

veti
2013-08-20, 09:15 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned yet:

Roy - Elan
Vaarsuvius - Belkar
Durkon - Haley

Bluepaw
2013-08-20, 09:52 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned yet:

Roy - Elan
Vaarsuvius - Belkar
Durkon - Haley

Veti -- it seems that Moriwen will automatically include all relationships within the Order of the Stick -- so while you're welcome to bump them up in the seed rankings by voting for them again, you needn't worry about them not being in the tournament (she also specifically said that you'd be welcome to change your nominations if you had voted for OotS members before but would rather bring other relationships into the contest :smallsmile:).

Antipode
2013-08-20, 10:00 PM
Elan and Nale: While it's not one of the more complex relationships of the group, Elan's tolerance for the guy scheming constantly to kill him is one of the more baffling and endearing traits about him.

Elan and Tarquin: Because seriously, this is better than Luke/Vader.

O-Chul and the Monster in the Darkness: While it's clichè of a thing to vote for, O-Chul's talks with the Monster were one of the things in this comic that really tugged at my heartstrings. To them goes my vote.

Rob Roy
2013-08-21, 12:29 AM
Redcloak - Right Eye

Malak - Durkon

Quarr - Vaarsuvius

Moriwen
2013-08-26, 01:17 PM
Round 1 Begins!

You can see the entire bracket here: www.challonge.com/favoriterelationshiptournament

Our first two pairings are:

"Fine! Lord Banjo never wanted to be in your stupid pantheon anyway!"
Elan & Banjo

vs.

Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius
"It took my mate and I many years to acknowledge our feelings for one another. Our wedding was the finest day of my long life."

and

"She absolutely did not shoot you, and I completely expected it!"
Red Guy & Not-Green Guy

vs.

Girard & Soon
"If you are hearing this recorded illusion, the heuristic magic has determined that you are at least 90% likely to be Soon Kim -- or one of his facist paladin lackeys."

Rakoa
2013-08-26, 01:22 PM
Put me down for Elan and Banjo and Soon and Girard

2.5 cats
2013-08-26, 01:25 PM
I'll "bullet vote" Monster-In-the-Dark and O-Chul.

Cizak
2013-08-26, 01:26 PM
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius and Soon & Girard.

TRH
2013-08-26, 01:33 PM
Would it suffice to say I'm voting for the serious ones?

V+I

G+S

Sylian
2013-08-26, 01:37 PM
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius - Banjo is mostly a running gag.

Girard & Soon - The other two guys were really minor characters.

kxm
2013-08-26, 01:41 PM
Elan and Banjo has some funny moments but it's not really a relationship. V and Inkyrius

I might actually vote for the riddle guys over some serious relationships, since they're pretty funny, but not Soon and Girard. That's one of the more interesting relationships to me, despite it's limited screen time so far.

Demolator
2013-08-26, 01:44 PM
Elan and Banjo and Soon and Girard

Coopenhagen21
2013-08-26, 01:56 PM
V and I

Girard and Soon

Draz74
2013-08-26, 02:22 PM
V & I

G & S

Red guy and green guy were fun, but I don't think there's a lot of depth to explore there.

Mike Havran
2013-08-26, 05:09 PM
V&I

S&G

littlebum2002
2013-08-26, 05:16 PM
Red Guy & Not-Green Guy
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius

Also, I think the bracket you linked has some errors. For instance, the #1 seed has no relationship listed. Second, the #2 seed and the #3 seed are the same relationship, just with the names switched. If that's not fixed, you could have a late round in the tournament find "O-Chul&MitD" face off against "MitD & O-Chul"

Poppy Appletree
2013-08-26, 05:23 PM
Elan and Banjo & Girard and Soon.

Luna_Mayflower
2013-08-26, 05:27 PM
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius - One of the only relationships whose end really touched me.
Red Guy & Not-Green Guy - They were fun, plus G+S just feels so full of apathy.

Rob Roy
2013-08-26, 05:38 PM
Elan and Banjo

Soon and Girard

Moriwen
2013-08-26, 05:44 PM
Also, I think the bracket you linked has some errors. For instance, the #1 seed has no relationship listed. Second, the #2 seed and the #3 seed are the same relationship, just with the names switched. If that's not fixed, you could have a late round in the tournament find "O-Chul&MitD" face off against "MitD & O-Chul"

Whoops! Fixed. Had to change the order of a couple of pairings to make it work out again, but only within those with the same number of votes, so that's alright. Thanks for catching that!

Bluepaw
2013-08-26, 06:00 PM
Awesome! Thanks again for taking the reins.

Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius

Girard & Soon

A_Man
2013-08-26, 06:15 PM
Élan and Banjo

Soon and Girard

Gift Jeraff
2013-08-26, 06:26 PM
Vaarsuvius and Inkyrius

Girard Soon

bguy
2013-08-26, 06:27 PM
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius

Girard & Soon

oppyu
2013-08-26, 06:27 PM
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius

Girard & Soon

Tris
2013-08-26, 06:38 PM
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius

and

Girard & Soon

Bird
2013-08-26, 07:00 PM
V+I for its part in the Darth Vaarsuvius arc and its effect on V's character development.

S+G I'm quite keen to learn more about how their relationship devolved to outright hostility -- at least on Girard's part. I suspect that this is one of these relationships where both parties were in some sense wrong, where both were too closed-minded to work beyond things...

2.5 cats
2013-08-26, 07:33 PM
I'll vote Elan & Banjo. Abstain on the other.

Infinite
2013-08-26, 07:38 PM
V & I
G & S

Erock
2013-08-26, 07:53 PM
Elan & Banjo
Girard & Soon

rs2excelsior
2013-08-26, 08:44 PM
I'm voting for Vaarsuvius and Inkyrius and Red Guy and Not-Green Guy.

Squirrel_Token
2013-08-26, 08:44 PM
Banjo and Elan :smallbiggrin:

And Girard and Soon. It's really too bad that they would run into Elan and Tarquin in the next round, because I find this relationship pretty darn interesting. Oh well.

Saharo
2013-08-26, 09:01 PM
Elan and Banjo
Puppets!

Girard and Soon
I feel like this one will get explored a lot more later in the comic, but even now the little we've seen of the dynamic is dramatic and interesting.

LadyEowyn
2013-08-27, 12:59 AM
Suvie & Inky
Girard & Soon

Hogwarts9876
2013-08-27, 07:08 AM
Elan and Banjo has some funny moments but it's not really a relationship. V and Inkyrius

I might actually vote for the riddle guys over some serious relationships, since they're pretty funny, but not Soon and Girard. That's one of the more interesting relationships to me, despite it's limited screen time so far.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Green Dragonfly
2013-08-27, 12:25 PM
Another favorites thread? Seems like there's yet another reason to return to lurking in this forum's corners.

Elan and Banjo need more love.
Girard and Soon.

Iniuria Talis
2013-08-27, 02:42 PM
Elan and Banjo
Girard and Soon

Bulldog Psion
2013-08-27, 02:50 PM
Elan & Banjo
Red Guy & Not-Green Guy They're not getting trounced, I don't feel bad for them. :smallwink:

Ajadea
2013-08-27, 02:56 PM
Didn't participate in the last one, but this sounds interesting.

Vaarsuvius and Inkyrius
Girard and Soon

white lancer
2013-08-28, 01:22 AM
Kept meaning to submit my nominations for the tournament, but it was a busy week. I'll gladly vote in the tournament, though.

Vaarsuvius and Inkyrius is a relationship that hasn't had a ton of screentime, but I really can't consider Elan + Banjo a relationship because it's 100% one-sided.

Girard and Soon have an intriguing relationship that I'm hoping gets delved into a little bit more sometime. I really want to learn more about it, whereas the other relationship was an amusing two-time gag.

maxi
2013-08-28, 01:39 AM
Elan and Banjo - because the Vaar-Ink thing feels wrapped up, while Elan-Banjo still has potential.

Girard and Soon - because i don't even remember the other guys.

martianmister
2013-08-28, 10:17 AM
Samantha X Samantha's Dad

Duereloi
2013-08-28, 10:24 AM
Redcloak and Jirix
Ancient Black Dragon and Varsuvius

Moriwen
2013-08-28, 12:19 PM
Redcloak and Jirix
Ancient Black Dragon and Varsuvius

Samantha X Samantha's Dad

We're actually done with the nominations phase. :smallwink: Feel free to vote on our current pairings.

martianmister
2013-08-28, 04:13 PM
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius
Girard & Soon

RCSparrow
2013-08-28, 05:22 PM
Elan and Banjo
Girard and Soon

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-28, 06:04 PM
Elan and Banjo and Red guy and Not green guy.

Ted The Bug
2013-08-28, 06:11 PM
Elan and Banjo - never found V's marriage too interesting, while I love all things Banjo

Red Guy and Not-Green Guy - only because I don't want to vote for something I don't really understand yet

Incom
2013-08-28, 06:12 PM
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius
Girard & Soon

Procyonpi
2013-08-28, 07:04 PM
Elan and Banjo, Girard and Soon

Exediron
2013-08-28, 09:25 PM
This one looks pretty open-and-shut...

Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius for the first bracket, although if legal I'd prefer to abstain instead - I don't currently consider Banjo an actual character, so I won't vote for that one even though I don't much like Vaarsuvius' marital relationship.

Girard & Soon is a clearer choice; it feels like there must have been some powerfully emotional history - beyond what we've seen, even - to have led to the feelings Girard has/had for Soon, and I find it intriguing that Soon was apparently completely oblivious to the level of hatred.

Renneth
2013-08-28, 09:41 PM
Elan & Banjo
Girard & Soon

Clyner
2013-08-28, 09:47 PM
Elan & Banjo
Mostly for the fact that elan has several clown gods on his person at all times :smallamused:
and:
Girard & Soon

Moriwen
2013-08-29, 08:25 AM
Voting closed.

Next pairings will be up shortly.

Moriwen
2013-08-29, 09:16 AM
Elan & Banjo: 19 votes (45%)
Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius: 23 votes (55%)

Red Guy & Not-Green Guy: 6 votes (14%)
Girard & Soon: 36 votes (86%)

Continuing to the next round, Vaarsuvius & Inkyrius and Girard & Soon.

"Hey, wait a minute! You're that guy! The one who kept getting pissed off at me for not remembering -- something."
Roy & Xykon

vs.

Durkon & Hilgya
"Go, Team Cleric!"

and

"Yer a frickin vampire!"
Malack & Durkon

vs.

Belkar & Miko
"Stop oppressing my culture, you ethnocentric bitch!"

littlebum2002
2013-08-29, 11:24 AM
I'm really, really happy that red guy and green guy didn't win. I'm not really that interested in Girard & Soon, so I voted for them as a joke, but I'm glad everyone else is taking this seriously. So I pledge, no more joke votes (unless they're REALLY funny)

Roy & Xykon
Malack & Durkon

I think Roy & Xykon will be a blowout. The main 2 characters of the strip, or Durkon's half-dozen-strip girlfriend? No contest. I'm actually surprised to see them seeded so low. I'm calling them as the Cinderella matchup!

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found out they're facing up against O-Chul and MitD. That's gonna be a close race...

Also, do you mind posting the link to the bracket on your main post? I like to refer to it, so I have to search for it every time. It's very useful and well-done.

Tris
2013-08-29, 11:36 AM
Roy & Xykon

and

Malack & Durkon

martianmister
2013-08-29, 01:11 PM
Roy & Xykon
Malack & Durkon

Poppy Appletree
2013-08-29, 01:58 PM
Roy & Xykon and Malack & Durkon.

Ourgh
2013-08-29, 02:21 PM
Roy and Xykon. Durkon and Hilgya is an interesting relationship, but does not match its oponent.

The second pairing offers a more difficult choice. I find both options very attractive. I will support Belkar and Miko, mainly because everybody else chose Malack & Durkon.

Draz74
2013-08-29, 02:39 PM
:roy: v :xykon:

:belkar: v :miko:

Clyner
2013-08-29, 03:18 PM
Roy and Xykon

Belkar and Miko

Green Dragonfly
2013-08-29, 03:26 PM
Roy & Xykon, obviously.
And... I don't know. Malack & Durkon are almost certainly going to win this, and I definitely understand why, but I also really loved the Belkar-Miko relationship. I mean, really. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0228.html)

...but, even still, it has to be Malack & Durkon.

Peelee
2013-08-29, 03:33 PM
Roy & Xykon
Malack & Durkon.

Sylian
2013-08-29, 03:36 PM
Roy & Xykon - Although Durkon & Hilgya was nice, it lacks in quantity. Roy & Xykon has more quantity and is more recent. Perhaps we will see Hilgya again some day, but then again, perhaps not. Roy & Xykon? Yeah, we'll see that at least one more time.

Miko & Belkar - Because it was funny and Malack ruined* it by bragging about his upcoming Evil Empire. Oh, and he also killed Durkon.

Rakoa
2013-08-29, 03:41 PM
Roy & Xykon
and
Malack & Durkon

Mike Havran
2013-08-29, 03:42 PM
Roy & Xykon

Malack & Durkon

Bluepaw
2013-08-29, 03:57 PM
Roy & Xykon

And i'm actually...kinda feeling Belkar & Miko today--love the others too, but B's whole tempt-the-paladin-to-fall (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0285.html)-by-offering-his-own-life (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0286.html) schtick is pretty classic, as is the vendetta against Windstriker!

LadyEowyn
2013-08-29, 05:06 PM
Roy & Xykon
Malack & Durkon

Rob Roy
2013-08-29, 05:27 PM
Malack and Durkon

Procyonpi
2013-08-29, 05:39 PM
Durkon & Hilgya, Belkar & Miko

...now that I think about it, someone's got to have written a slash fic of the second one of those.

Iniuria Talis
2013-08-29, 05:42 PM
Roy & Xykon
Malack & Durkon

Squirrel_Token
2013-08-29, 08:01 PM
Roy & Xykno, Belkar & Miko

Peanut Gallery
2013-08-29, 08:12 PM
Roy & Xykon

Malack & Durkon

Gift Jeraff
2013-08-29, 08:24 PM
Roykon
Belko

Bulldog Psion
2013-08-29, 09:44 PM
Durkon & Hilgya. Is this their only vote so far? :smallconfused:

Belkar & Miko.

The only problem is that so far, these contests seem one-sided. Have to see if it gets tighter after some eliminations.

oppyu
2013-08-29, 09:48 PM
Roy and Xykon

Durkon and Malack

Wraithlord
2013-08-29, 10:24 PM
Roy and Xykon and Belkar and Miko.

Bird
2013-08-29, 10:25 PM
I nominated both of the pairs in the first match-up, so it's tough. I'm going for Durkon and Hilgya, though, because their relationship was the first clear sign of the dramatic direction of the comic. The way Durkon chose to be unhappy and broke Hilgya's heart has stuck with me, too.

Malack and Durkon

rs2excelsior
2013-08-29, 10:28 PM
Roy & Xykon and Durkon & Malack. They're both serious and funny. No contest for me, really.

Exediron
2013-08-29, 11:34 PM
Definitely Roy & Xykon for the first one - I always felt that Durkon and Hilgya happened too quickly, and as a result the emotional impact was less than it would have been if it had been built up longer.

I'll go for Malack & Durkon for the second one - this one was a tougher choice, but as I'm one of the people who actually liked Miko, I'm not going to vote for a relationship which purely brought out the worst in her. I might have voted for Belkar and Windstriker, purely based on the hilarity of their first conversation (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0208.html), but sadly it wasn't the option.

PS: Inky & V are doomed in the next bracket...

Hogwarts9876
2013-08-30, 02:35 AM
Roy & Xykon, Malack and Durkon

Demolator
2013-08-30, 02:38 AM
Roy and Xykon-It's been far too long since we've seen this.

Belkar and Miko-It's also been far too long but at least I know not to get my hopes up :smalltongue:

bguy
2013-08-30, 12:26 PM
Durkon & Hilgya.
The Roy-Xykon relationship is just too one sided to be interesting.

Malack & Durkon

Ajadea
2013-08-30, 04:08 PM
Durkon & Hilgya

Malack and Durkon

I'm not really into 'relationships' characterized largely by mutual violence against each other.

Antipode
2013-08-31, 03:40 AM
Roy & Xykon

Durkon & Malack.

2.5 cats
2013-09-01, 09:51 PM
Roy & Xykon
Malack & Durkon

Moriwen
2013-09-03, 06:55 AM
Roy & Xykon: 26 votes (84%)
Durkon & Hilgya: 5 votes (16%)

Malack & Durkon: 21 votes (66%)
Belkar & Miko: 11 votes (34%)

Continuing to the next round, Roy & Xykon and Malack & Durkon.

"Yes, you've figured me out, my desire to formulate a basic strategy for our impending invasion is solely because I am unable to roll five of a kind."
Xykon & Redcloak

vs.

Banjo & Giggles
"No force--but enchanted thwacking-stick of Banjo's brother, Giggles!"

and

"Now the whole species consists of nothing but Chaotic Good rebels, yearning to throw off the reputation of their evil kin."
Nale & Zz'dtri

vs.

Hobgoblin Cleric #2 & Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip #433, Panel 3
"You clean up that spill this instant, Hobgoblin Cleric #2! I need to go change your brother, Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip #433, Panel 3."

TRH
2013-09-03, 06:59 AM
Could this round get any easier?

Xykon and Redcloak

Nale and Zz'drti

Squirrel_Token
2013-09-03, 07:11 AM

Xykon and Redcloak

Nale and Zz'drti

+1 minimum character limit

littlebum2002
2013-09-03, 07:38 AM
I want to let you know, this is by far my most anticipated "voting" thread.

Even though "best strip" is probably a more "meaningful" vote, I do like the premise of voting on relationships, but I think it's your timing. Good call on making it end at the release of a new strip, instead of every week. It really adds to the excitement of a new strip coming out, instead of simply realizing "oh wait, it's Sunday, I need to vote again".

But yeah;

Xykon and Redcloak

Nale and Zz'drti

I'm sure people are going to hate the string of "easy matchups" that is coming, but that's the idea of a bracket tournament: get all the low-hanging fruit out the way in the first round, so all the matchups after that are really good.

(also, they should direct their criticism to the people who nominated relationships like "red guy and green guy" and "two hobgoblins", although they are pretty funny...)

2.5 cats
2013-09-03, 07:57 AM
Xykon-Redcloak
Nale-Zzdriti

Poppy Appletree
2013-09-03, 08:05 AM
Xykon & Redcloak and Nale & Zz'dtri.

Rakoa
2013-09-03, 08:08 AM
Xykon and Redcloak
followed by Nale and Zz'dtri

martianmister
2013-09-03, 08:18 AM
Xykon & Redcloak
Nale & Zz'dtri

Bluepaw
2013-09-03, 08:30 AM
Xykon & Redcloak

The Hobgoblin Bros! No one like the Giant for leaving us with the wistful gaze of the self-aware NPCs toward their glass ceiling. Wizard Guy is the apotheosis of this theme, but it's one of my favorite elements of the comic (even if in this relationship it's just touched as a one-liner).

Bird
2013-09-03, 09:31 AM
Red and X -- the most explosive timebomb of all the pairings.

Nale and Z

oppyu
2013-09-03, 09:37 AM
Redcloak and Xykon - Remember when Roy Greenhilt faced Knot-Topped Resistance Leader in that poorly organised thing someone ran a while ago? This match-up is even more lopsided.

Nale and Zz'dtri - I'd be tempted to go for the funnily named hobgoblins if it weren't for that one recent panel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0908.html);

:nale: "Get off of him! Don't you dare drink his blood, you ungrateful parasite!"

Tris
2013-09-03, 10:03 AM
Redcloak and Xykon

Nale and Zz'dtri

Easy.

Rakoa
2013-09-03, 10:05 AM
Redcloak and Xykon - Remember when Roy Greenhilt faced Knot-Topped Resistance Leader in that poorly organised thing someone ran a while ago? This match-up is even more lopsided.[/I]

Hey jerk, that Favourite Character Tournament Thread was awesome, and oppy-oh. Okay.

Saharo
2013-09-03, 02:40 PM
Xykon & Redcloak
Because...come on, you guys. This one deserves to go to at least semifinals.

Hobgoblin Cleric #2 & Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip #433, Panel 3
I frankly didn't care about Nale and Zz'dtri, and this one was actually a great gag.

Procyonpi
2013-09-03, 02:48 PM
Banjo and Giggles, Nale and V.

Exediron
2013-09-03, 04:23 PM
To be honest, I was expecting this one to be (even) more one-sided.

Redcloak & Xykon: I think they're in with a real chance of a semi-final; certainly they're safe in the next bracket too. No contest here, even if I would vote for Banjo as a character.

Nale & Zz'dtri: I nominated them, so no surprise that I'm voting for them. Also, they have an actual relationship, whereas the Hobgoblins are a one-panel joke.

Demolator
2013-09-03, 04:27 PM
Redcloak and Xykon

Nale and Zz'dtri, it's a real shame the only chance we can see them interact now is in the afterlife, and even the chances of that are beyond low.

Ourgh
2013-09-03, 05:17 PM
Redcloak and Xykon, of course

Hobgoblin Cleric #2 & Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip #433, Panel 3, very short, but intense.

littlebum2002
2013-09-03, 05:19 PM
Hey jerk, that Favourite Character Tournament Thread was awesome, and oppy-oh. Okay.

Did it ever finish? I don't remember a winner being announced or anything.

Gift Jeraff
2013-09-03, 05:21 PM
Redcloaked Xykon

Nale X Zz'dtri OTP

oppyu
2013-09-03, 05:25 PM
Did it ever finish? I don't remember a winner being announced or anything.

Vaarsuvius was crowned the Playground's Favourite Character. Tarquin was a close second, though that may have changed after recent strips.

Kobold Oracle won the Loser's Cup.

Sith_Happens
2013-09-03, 05:37 PM
Xykon and Redcloak

Hobgoblins -- We have exactly one line implying that Nale/Zzd'tri was anything more than a professional relationship, and the two of them never actually visibly interacted all that much. On the other side of the matchup, hilarious gag was hilarious.

Rob Roy
2013-09-03, 06:23 PM
Bones and Reddie

Sylian
2013-09-03, 07:43 PM
Xykon & Redcloak
Nale & Zz'dtri

Draz74
2013-09-03, 08:17 PM
I nominated Xykon & Redcloak. And I'm surprised that everyone else wasn't nominating them too. I'll be disappointed if this relationship doesn't at least get to the finals. There's a whole book about this relationship, and it's the main reason that the main villain of the story is an interesting villain.

... and I guess Z&N. Meh.

Hogwarts9876
2013-09-04, 12:12 AM
X and R, N and Z

LadyEowyn
2013-09-04, 12:20 AM
Xykon & Redcloak

Hobgoblin Brothers

Procyonpi
2013-09-04, 02:56 PM
Bones and Reddie

I take it by this, you mean Doctor McCoy and that random Redshirt? :smalltongue:

Ajadea
2013-09-04, 08:05 PM
Xykon and Redcloak - I never cared for Banjo or Giggles, honestly.

Hobgoblin Cleric #2 & Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip #433, Panel 3 - I have never perceived Nale & Zz'drti as having much of anything in the way of a relationship, and that strip was amusing.

Moriwen
2013-09-05, 05:33 PM
Xykon & Redcloak: 23 votes (96%)
Banjo & Giggles: 1 vote (4%)

Nale & Zz'dtri: 17 votes (74%)
Hobgoblin Cleric #2 & Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip #433, Panel 3: 6 votes (26%)

Continuing to the next round, Xykon & Redcloak and Nale & Zz'dtri.

See the full bracket here (www.challonge.com/favoriterelationshiptournament).

"I rest easy knowing that your revenge requires you to first outsmart someone's mount. "
Belkar & Vaarsuvius

vs.

Shojo & Hinjo
"A 20-lb. tub of strawberry cake frosting does not qualify as a "table scrap"!"

and

"Hey sweet thing, wanna hold my Rod of Lordly Might? If you push the right button, it might extend! "
Roy & Belkar

vs.

Haley & Hank
"Important sexy context."

Rob Roy
2013-09-05, 05:39 PM
Shojo & Hinjo

Roy (The Corpse) & Belkar (The Corpse in the near future)

Rakoa
2013-09-05, 05:50 PM
I'll have what Rob Roy is having.

Hogwarts9876
2013-09-05, 06:06 PM
I'll have what Rob Roy is having.

Same for me.

oppyu
2013-09-05, 06:41 PM
Shojo and Hinjo

Roy and Belkar

Saharo
2013-09-05, 07:23 PM
In a shocking turn of events,
Shojo and Hinjo,
Which is really tender, especially in the WXP bonus strips, and
Roy and Belkar,
Largely because Roy's relationship with everyone is worth voting for, but also because Roy is one of the more relevant figures in Belkar's pseudo-redemption arc.

LadyEowyn
2013-09-05, 07:27 PM
Belkar & Vaarsuvius
Haley & Hank

Sylian
2013-09-05, 07:28 PM
Shojo & Hinjo - The bonus strips in War & XPs were quite nice.

Roy & Belkar - While I liked the relationship between Haley and Hank, especially from On the Origin of PCs, it lacks in quantity.

Tris
2013-09-05, 08:06 PM
Belkar & Vaarsuvius

Roy and Belkar

Procyonpi
2013-09-05, 08:32 PM
Belkar and Roy, V and Belkar

Dissappointed that I was the only one to vote for the truely awesome comedy combo of Banjo and Giggles :(

Rob Roy
2013-09-05, 09:38 PM
Dissappointed that I was the only one to vote for the truely awesome comedy combo of Banjo and Giggles :(

Take solace in the fact that you are the reason a vote wasn't unanimous.

littlebum2002
2013-09-05, 09:48 PM
This is difficult. Is this vote was taking place 500 steps ago, I would say V and Belkster hands down, but they haven't really interacted lately.

Shojo &Hinjo
Belkar & V
Roy &Belkar

EDIT: that was a really stupd argument, considering Shojo has been dead for over 500 strips. Vote changed.

kxm
2013-09-05, 09:57 PM
Shojo and Hinjo

Roy and Belkar

Demolator
2013-09-05, 10:21 PM
Shojo and Hinjo
Roy and Belkar actually might be developing nicely.

Mike Havran
2013-09-05, 11:10 PM
Hinjo and Shojo

Hank and Haley

Paisley
2013-09-06, 12:52 AM
Belkar & Vaarsuvius - Particularly as of earlier strips. I've always found their constant feuding quite amusing.

Roy & Belkar - Particularly as of recent strips. Might be a hint of mutual respect developing there. They've come a long way.

Bird
2013-09-06, 05:48 AM
Belkar & Vaarsuvius Surprised that this isn't doing better. How can we forget the kissthe incident? V's hypothesis about Belkar not being sentient but having a "proto-brain" was one of the funniest things in the comic. And in more recent history, what about their disturbing bonding over tormenting a dominated kobold?

Roy & Belkar

Ourgh
2013-09-06, 06:36 PM
Belkar and Vaarsuvius

Belkar and Roy

Sith_Happens
2013-09-06, 11:42 PM
Belkar and Whoever x2

Ajadea
2013-09-07, 09:46 AM
Shojo and Hinjo

Roy and Belkar

Gift Jeraff
2013-09-07, 12:14 PM
Shinjo and Hojo
Hank Starshine

martianmister
2013-09-07, 06:18 PM
Belkar & Vaarsuvius

Roy and Belkar

TRH
2013-09-07, 06:29 PM
Belkar and Vaarsuvius
Roy and Belkar

Exediron
2013-09-07, 10:40 PM
I'm surprised how close the first one is, but:

Belkar & Vaarsuvius

And I'm not surprised by how not-close the second one is:

Roy & Belkar

Bluepaw
2013-09-08, 09:28 PM
Belkar & Vaarsuvius

Roy & Belkar

Draz74
2013-09-10, 05:05 PM
Belkar and V are two of my favorites, and their prank war was amusing. But I don't think their relationship is deep or a big part of why they're great characters. I'll vote Shojo & Hinjo.

And Roy and Belkar for sure.

Moriwen
2013-09-12, 09:41 AM
Belkar & Vaarsuvius: 12 votes (50%)
Shojo & Hinjo: 12 votes (50%)

Roy & Belkar: 21 votes (88%)
Haley & Hank: 3 votes (12%)

Continuing to the next round, Belkar & Vaarsuvius, Shojo & Hinjo, and Roy & Belkar.

Exciting news this time: Belkar & Vaarsuvius tied Shojo & Hinjo exactly. As a result, both are going on to the next round to face the winner of Durkon & Haley vs. Thog & Nale in a three-way showdown.

Meanwhile, on to the next round . . .

"Wanna make out?"
Haley & Elan

vs.

Kubota & Therkla
"Well done, Therkla. You managed to weasel your way out of responsibility for your own actions like a seasoned veteran."

and

"You are a very strange little bearded man, Durkon."
Roy & Durkon

vs.

The Oracle & The Audience
"That's an 'in-comic' year, not a real-time year, Oracle fans!"

TRH
2013-09-12, 09:44 AM
Huh. Didn't expect a tie so soon. Anyways...

Haley and Elan
Oracle and the audience

They're both such loving and caring relationships, it warms my withered heart. :smallbiggrin:

Ajadea
2013-09-12, 09:51 AM
Haley and Elan

Roy and Durkon

A bit of difficulty here - I have no love for the Oracle, so #2 was easy to vote on, but the first one was difficult. Haley and Elan are sweet and awesome, but Kubota and Therkla was so deliciously twisted. In the end though, I have to go with Haley and Elan, just because I don't like Kubota all that much.

Mike Havran
2013-09-12, 10:00 AM
Kubota and Therkla

Oracle and Us

oppyu
2013-09-12, 10:01 AM
Haley and Elan

Roy and Durkon

Procyonpi
2013-09-12, 10:05 AM
Haley and Elan, Roy and Durkon

Amoras
2013-09-12, 10:08 AM
Haley and Elan
Oracle and the audience

Bluepaw
2013-09-12, 10:13 AM
Kubota & Therkla -- I think that if they had the amount of space in the comic that Elan & Haley had, Rich would create something even more complex and wonderful with them.

Roy & Durkon, no contest.

kxm
2013-09-12, 12:38 PM
Haley and Elan One of my favorite relationships vs. one between two of my least favorite characters. Easy choice.

Roy and Durkon Oracle/Audience is hilarious, but is it really a relationship if it's one-way?

Bird
2013-09-12, 12:51 PM
Haley & Elan

Roy & Durkon

Rob Roy
2013-09-12, 01:44 PM
Haley and Elan

Oracle & Audience

LadyEowyn
2013-09-12, 01:50 PM
Haley & Elan

Roy & Durkon

And Moriwen, I think you want to edit your latest results-post; it lists Nale & Zz'dtri (who weren't even in this round) as continuing rather than Roy & Belkar.

martianmister
2013-09-12, 02:23 PM
Kubota and Therkla

Oracle and the audience

Gift Jeraff
2013-09-12, 02:42 PM
Therkla + LORD Kubota
Durkon X Roy

Moriwen
2013-09-12, 03:28 PM
Haley & Elan

Roy & Durkon

And Moriwen, I think you want to edit your latest results-post; it lists Nale & Zz'dtri (who weren't even in this round) as continuing rather than Roy & Belkar.

Fixed, thanks.

Sylian
2013-09-12, 03:59 PM
Haley & Elan
Roy & Durkon

Hogwarts9876
2013-09-12, 04:46 PM
Haley and Elan

Roy and Durkon

A bit of difficulty here - I have no love for the Oracle, so #2 was easy to vote on, but the first one was difficult. Haley and Elan are sweet and awesome, but Kubota and Therkla was so deliciously twisted. In the end though, I have to go with Haley and Elan, just because I don't like Kubota all that much.

Same (except more that I really love R & D than that I hate the Oracle).

Tris
2013-09-12, 07:50 PM
Haley and Elan

Roy and Durkon

I'm surprised the oracle is getting so many votes.

Rakoa
2013-09-12, 08:30 PM
Haley and Elan
Oracle and Audience

2.5 cats
2013-09-12, 09:02 PM
Haley & Elan

I'll abstain on the other vote.

Exediron
2013-09-12, 10:42 PM
There's a main-party pair in both, so I really expect this to be open-and-shut:

Haley & Elan: A nice, touching story of the triumph of love - and so far nothing bad has happened to it! Enjoy it, for it is rare in fiction.

Durkon & Roy: This would have gotten my vote against many better opponents, but I never vote for joke candidates so it was even easier.

Rabbit
2013-09-13, 12:55 AM
Kubota & Therkla

Roy & Durkon

Draz74
2013-09-13, 12:33 PM
H&E
R&D

H&E is a surprisingly deep relationship for one that can be summarized merely as a romance. It took a long, believable process of getting together, rather than "love at first sight"; both characters have interesting reasons for feeling like the relationship makes their life better; and the relationship has managed to continue to grow gradually since it started, rather than being a static status quo.

NihhusHuotAliro
2013-09-13, 01:44 PM
Oracle And Audience.

JBiddles
2013-09-13, 04:52 PM
:haley: Haley and :elan: Elan

:roy: Roy and :durkon: Durkon

Mammal
2013-09-13, 05:40 PM
:haley: & :elan:

:roy: & :durkon:

Ourgh
2013-09-13, 06:20 PM
I'll support the PCs : Elan and Haley, Durkon and Roy

Sith_Happens
2013-09-14, 02:48 PM
:haley: + :elan:

:roy: + :durkon:

Poppy Appletree
2013-09-14, 08:50 PM
Kubota & Therkla and Roy & Durkon.

I abstained from voting last round. I'm feeling pretty good about that choice.

sam79
2013-09-15, 12:07 PM
Ok, getting in pretty late on this cool new contest....

My vote goes to Haley and Elan, easily. Kubota and Therkla are good and all, but there master and apprentice schtick can't wiin out against the relationship that is the Heart of the Piece.

Second bracket is a little tougher. I love the Oracle and his fourth-wall chewing antics. But as much as do, I've got to vote for Roy an Durkon.

littlebum2002
2013-09-15, 12:42 PM
Haley elan
Roy durkon

Belril Duskwalk
2013-09-15, 01:08 PM
Haley & Elan
Roy & Durkon

Especially Roy & Durkon.

Moriwen
2013-09-17, 09:40 PM
Haley & Elan: 23 votes (79%)
Kubota & Therkla: 6 votes (21%)

Roy & Durkon: 22 votes (76%)
The Oracle & The Audience: 7 votes (24%)

Continuing to the next round, Haley & Elan and Roy & Durkon.

"Honey, I'm a shapechanger, it's not like we never tried--"
Nale & Sabine

vs.

Julio Scoundrél & Elan
"Always remember, Elan: It doesn't matter if you win or lose -- as long as you look really cool doing it!"

and

"What did you think the price for killing my best friend was going to be?"
Tarquin & Nale

vs.

Durkon & Thor
"Just send a Masked Debt Gourd and be done with it."

TRH
2013-09-17, 09:42 PM
Nale and Sabine
Tarquin and Nale

oppyu
2013-09-17, 09:45 PM
Nale & Sabine

Tarquin & Nale

Bird
2013-09-17, 09:46 PM
Nale and Sabine. She's evil! She loves him!

Durkon and Thor. Durkon is (or was) a better servant than his God deserves.

Sylian
2013-09-17, 09:46 PM
Nale and Sabine
Tarquin and Nale

Gift Jeraff
2013-09-17, 09:51 PM
Nale & Sabine, easily.
Durkon & Thor, not so easily but:durkon: I love me god Thor with all me heart--inna strictly heterosexual "buddies" kinda way. Not tha there's anything wrong with tha alternative.from Origin makes me choose them.

Rob Roy
2013-09-17, 10:06 PM
Tarquin and Nale

Procyonpi
2013-09-17, 11:26 PM
Julio and Elan, Durkon and Thor.

kxm
2013-09-17, 11:54 PM
Nale and Sabine

Tarquin and Nale

Tris
2013-09-18, 12:03 AM
Julio and Elan

Tarquin and Nale

Sith_Happens
2013-09-18, 12:13 AM
Nale + Other x2

Antipode
2013-09-18, 01:25 AM
Nale and Sabine
Nale and Tarquin.

Belril Duskwalk
2013-09-18, 05:31 AM
Nale and Sabine- though it hurts me to have to deny Julio, Sabine's dedication to Nale even above her bosses makes it impossible to choose Julio.
Nale and Tarquin- hands down.

2.5 cats
2013-09-18, 06:18 AM
Julio Scoundrel & Elan

Tarquin & Nale

littlebum2002
2013-09-18, 12:05 PM
Nale & Sabine
Durkon & Thor

Also, you need to update the OP with the current round

Moriwen
2013-09-18, 01:22 PM
Nale & Sabine
Durkon & Thor

Also, you need to update the OP with the current round

I don't know what you're talking about: look, the OP is updated! :smalltongue:

Mike Havran
2013-09-18, 01:42 PM
Julio and Elan

Tarquin and Nale

Teranthus
2013-09-18, 03:39 PM
Nale and Sabine
Tarquin and Nale

As much as I love Durkon, I just don't see him and Thor having much of a relationship, while the Tarquin/Nale relationship has driven a fair amount of the recent plot, even if not to a nice conclusion from Nale's perspective.

Ourgh
2013-09-18, 03:54 PM
:nale: and :sabine:
:nale: and http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Cats_Are_Aliens/Banners/Tarquin.png

Pesimismrocks
2013-09-18, 05:26 PM
Julio & Elan

Tarquin & Nale

Hogwarts9876
2013-09-18, 05:28 PM
2(Nale+Someone else)

Mammal
2013-09-18, 05:58 PM
Nale + Sabine

Nale + Tarquin