PDA

View Full Version : Sidebar Option?

Nightgaun7
2013-08-19, 02:26 PM
Just wondering if there is a way, or if a way could be made, to have the sidebar on a toggle or something so you can pull it out when you want it and hide it otherwise. It's not a big deal on a computer, but it sure would be a nice feature to have when browsing on my phone.

happyturtle
2013-08-19, 02:38 PM
It already is. See 'temporarily hide sidebar' under the Shop logo.

Nightgaun7
2013-08-19, 02:51 PM
It already is. See 'temporarily hide sidebar' under the Shop logo.

That only hides it til you refresh the page, open a new link, etc.

The Rose Dragon
2013-08-19, 05:04 PM
Has been brought up before, and the answer at the time was "not worth the trouble at the moment". Considering there are a billion other changes that are more crucial before coming to that one, I wouldn't hold my breath. What you get is what you are likely to have for the immediate future.

The Dark Fiddler
2013-08-19, 05:06 PM
It's also worth noting that the toggle that already exists, as limited as it may be, only exists because Rawhide (at least I think it was him) decided to experiment.

Rawhide
2013-08-19, 05:48 PM
The hide sidebar option is what I would call an 'ugly hack' that I implemented as a long term temporary measure in order to make the site more viewable on mobile devices. It has to fit in with two different processes and do so without interfering with anything. There's no intention to continue developing it. Sorry.