PDA

View Full Version : Intimidating Prowess + Strength Domain

MadBear
2013-08-19, 03:11 PM
From a purely rules perspective would the Might of the Gods ability function with Intimidating Prowess? Intimidate is charisma check not a strength check. Intimidating Prowess states, "Add your Strength modifier to Intimidate skill checks in addition to your Charisma modifier". Since strength is now involved would in this check would I be able to use it as a bonus to intimidate?

I'm hoping yes, because it'd make my character extremely good at intimidate checks, but I'm not sure if just adding the strength modifier to the check makes it a strength based check.

It also makes a lackluster domain power slightly more usable.

MadBear
2013-08-19, 08:21 PM
Any Thoughts??

buttcyst
2013-08-19, 08:24 PM
I don't see why not, it would be a 1/day thing anyways.

HylianKnight
2013-08-19, 09:27 PM
It should, although the wording might make it technically not RAW. Does someone else know whether adding X ability score to a skill makes that skill X-Based? Or is Intimidate, for example, always Charisma based, regardless of what else you add?

At any rate, even if it weren't RAW based on that technically, I feel that that's clearly the intent. It's an ability that's saying 'get a bonus to strength, but only when using strength for checks.' Regardless, if I were the DM I'd say it does in a heartbeat, and you shouldn't have an issue making that argument to yours.

Daftendirekt
2013-08-20, 05:15 AM
RAW, no, as Intimidate is still a Cha-based skill, you just get a bonus from STR.

cerin616
2013-08-20, 08:42 AM
RAW, no, as Intimidate is still a Cha-based skill, you just get a bonus from STR.

This.

Although, if I were DMing, I would allow it.

Lafaellar
2013-08-20, 02:43 PM
If somebody wants to use this 1/day ability to try to intimidate somebody, why not?