PDA

View Full Version : I Demand Satisfaction!

visigani
2013-08-19, 03:13 PM
So here's the question. Consider the Green Star Adept... a class that felt like a trap if there ever was one.

If one were a tenth level warlock, 10th level Green Star Adept... would one have the eldritch blast of a 20th level warlock, and the invocations of a 15th level warlock...

Or the eldritch blast and invocations of a 15th level warlock....

Or the eldritch blast of a 25th level warlock and the invocations of a 15th level warlock?

Seriously, this is a crazy bizarre prestige class. Mostly I'm trying to determine if eldritch blast is tied to caster level for damage while +1 arcane caster class is tied to invocations (i.e. charm and dark one's own luck).

Fax Celestis
2013-08-19, 03:15 PM
You'd have the eldritch blast of a 10th level warlock and the invocations of a 15th.

Eldritch blast is a class feature not tied to caster level.

Big Fau
2013-08-19, 03:30 PM
Your caster level for those abilities (for SR and other effects) would be 25th, but your EB and Invocations would be as per a 15th level Warlock (CArc explains that PrCs that increase spellcasting abilities can increase both Invocations and EB damage).

visigani
2013-08-19, 03:45 PM
Your caster level for those abilities (for SR and other effects) would be 25th, but your EB and Invocations would be as per a 15th level Warlock (CArc explains that PrCs that increase spellcasting abilities can increase both Invocations and EB damage).

Thew part that's throwing me is: "Treat his combined caster level as his warlock class level when looking at Table 1–1: The Warlock to determine eldritch blast damage) and his eldritch blast caster level (half his total caster level from his warlock levels and his levels in the prestige class that grant him an increased spellcasting level).

The combined caster level of a GSA and a Warlock at level 20 could conceivably be as high as 25. Which truth be told wouldn't be exactly game breaking... at least not until we get into epic levels... then the GSA just starts to get absurd. Well... more absurd.