PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Petrification

BeserkerNike
2013-08-19, 08:38 PM
Tonight we had a session and we faced off a medusa-like creature and i was the only one who her and i turned to stone dc was 47 for stopping the effect and i was a lvl 20 wizard.So does anybody have ideas how to dispell it and my dm said stone to flesh does not work because the creature was mutated so the petrification effect was not the only effect

buttcyst
2013-08-19, 08:40 PM
miracle, wish, heal, shatter followed by true resurrection, creative use of astral projection, if on a different plane you can try dismissal or banishment, cart him into the center of a town and use him for a statue...

also, check the spell compendium, I believe there is a divine spell that forces a creature to revert to it's natural form

Big Fau
2013-08-19, 08:42 PM
A Limited Wish or Wish is pretty much your only hope if the DM rules that Stone to Flesh doesn't work (which is BS).

Or Polymorph Any Object, but that's liable to get a book chucked at your head.

Galvin
2013-08-19, 10:32 PM
If your party is level 20, then you had access to a lot of other options for dispelling magics. A wish of miracle might work, if you ask you DM, as would shatter and true ressurection combo. ask about using break enchantment, as that dispels normal petrification effects.

Khedrac
2013-08-20, 07:03 AM
If Stone to Flesh is not working then one needs to ask "why?"

There's a good chance there's an additional magic effect on the now "stone" character - cast Identify or Analyse Dweomer to find out more about the new statue.

As a good start you could try getting the statue hit by M's Disjunction before the Stone to Flesh (or Remove Curse).

Next question - is the "stone" really stone? If not then Stone to Flesh cannot work...

What you need to do very much depends on what is really happening, try to find more out before claiming the GM is cheating. As a 20th level wizard you were very powerful, you can expect something odd to be going on to make encounters more interesting.