PDA

View Full Version : Starlight Journals-Space Opera Setting and System

Material Defend
2013-08-19, 08:57 PM
While it is still currently being worked on and is an unrefined state that only years of unfocused work (Wait, just a year and months) could have produced, I do offer my rulebook for the core setting for viewing. Worst part is probably the GM chapter, due to doing most of the GMing myself, so things that are obvious to me... not so much.

Yeah, I know I'm new here.

The rulebook is all text, though has some dry descriptions of certain aspects that aren't entirely SFW, though not attempting to do more than describe these things as a biologist when handling alien species. Not sure if it falls into the explicitly sexual category, since it's intended to give a biological reference. Apologies if it hits on that.

Starlight Journals Alpha Core Rulebook (https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5a3hddobxz7m0c/Rulebook-Starlight%20Journals.odt)

Malachi Lemont
2013-10-09, 07:52 PM
I just took a look over the document, and I'm really impressed. I especially like how each of the alien species has unifying characteristics, but also has several cultures within it. This is the best depiction of aliens I've seen in any RPG. You really made the setting seem real. If you're looking to start a play-by-post campaign for Starlight Journals, I'd be happy to join. Great work.