PDA

View Full Version : Psions and synchronicity

GoodbyeSoberDay
2013-08-20, 12:29 AM
Since it doesn't seem to be getting much love in the RAW thread...
If a psion manifests synchronicity and has a psicrystal, does the psicrystal also get a readied action due to shared powers? Does it have to be the same readied action? If yes, what if the psion augments synchronicity so that he doesn't have to specify an action?This ends up mattering quite a bit if the psicrystal can do something useful with standard actions.

Raendyn
2013-08-20, 05:54 AM
Congratz, you just found an infinate loop.

Though it is mentioned a few times on these boards(2 at least by myself), the only limitation is power points and/or Dordge charges.

Psion: I manifest Sychonicity
Crystal: wow, I got an action, well PHEW PHEW (dorge of crystal shard?)
Psion: with my readied action, I ready Synchronicity!
Crystal: PHEW
Psion: com; on you know what I am doing (maybe Sych-linked Synch? for x2 cheese?)
Crystal: Pew pew
...pewpew...pewpew...pewpew
DM: Rocks fall, You die!

Segev
2013-08-20, 08:26 AM
Yep. By the RAW, a psicrystal gets to share its master's Synchronicity. Now, there's room to argue that the psicrystal readies the same action as the psion, so it's not a perfect thing. But that's only a delay: augment it, and the subject (usually you, but in this case you and the psicrystal individually) can wait to pick the action when he takes it. Which I do believe allows it to be two different actions.

strider24seven
2013-08-20, 08:58 AM
Since it doesn't seem to be getting much love in the RAW thread... This ends up mattering quite a bit if the psicrystal can do something useful with standard actions.

Now do this with a Dominant Ideal Ardent, and apply a Linked Synchronicity to synchronicity, and... [REDACTED]

Segev
2013-08-20, 09:25 AM
Round 1: Your standard action [Synch-Linked Synchronicity]; Your Synch'd action: [Synch-Linked Synchronicity]; Psicrystal gains 2 standard actions plus his normal standard action.

Round 2: 3 Linked Synch's go off, giving you +3 standard actions for a total of 4. Same for your Psicrystal. You spend all 4 on Synch-linked Synch, and spend your 4 Synch-granted actions on 4 more. Your psicrystal gets +8, for a total of 12 standard actions.

Really expensive, but...