PDA

View Full Version : [Shadowrun 4e] Technoface

Longes
2013-08-20, 01:24 AM
So, I've been screwing around with Chummer, and got the following Technomancer-Face build:
Elf (30 BP)
Technomancer (technoshaman) (5 BP)
Charisma 8 (65 BP)
Resonance 6 (65 BP)
Influence 4 (40 BP)
Empathy Software (6 BP)

Total: 211 BP.

We have a Technomancer who throws 18 dice on social tests, and can thread ES up to 12 for 24 dice. We still have 189 BP to spend on other attributes and skills.
Did I miss something? This seems really good for a Face character. Are there any improvements to be made?

ZeroSpace9000
2013-08-23, 06:56 PM
Do keep in mind that you've spent just over half your points making yourself effective at one thing. You also only have 2 attributes paid up, and you can look forward to spending a lot more points making yourself at least decent at hacking.

That's a fairly big pool for facing, but that's reasonable given how much you spent. You will likely find yourself having to make cuts on the rest of your characters abilities, if you want to maintain that pool.

Longes
2013-08-25, 12:55 PM
Do keep in mind that you've spent just over half your points making yourself effective at one thing. You also only have 2 attributes paid up, and you can look forward to spending a lot more points making yourself at least decent at hacking.

That's a fairly big pool for facing, but that's reasonable given how much you spent. You will likely find yourself having to make cuts on the rest of your characters abilities, if you want to maintain that pool.

For hacking, that's really all I need. I'd put 3 into Logic and Willpower, get some complex forms and be almost unstopable at hacking. I'd suck at cybercombat, but technomancers shouldn't do cybercombat anyway :smallsmile: