PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on Builds

Guyver87
2013-08-20, 05:04 AM
Lately my Gm, and I were playing with the idea of the 3.5 campaign inspired by the Maze of Many story-arc from the "Goblins" webcomic.

For those of You, who didn't read it, it's basically a huge magical labyrinth, in the center of which there is a huge pile of extremely powerful artifacts, including the one heroes are looking for.

But to get to it, they would have to survive countless dangers, including... alternate reality versions of themselves.

We included this premise into our campaign, and I was tasked with designing several alt-teams, from different worlds, per Gm's instructions.

But lately I'm having problems with one of such teams.

They are from the world, when Good/Evil axis are reversed, so for example Metalic Dragons are always evil, when Chromatic Dragons are good. Also in this reality Arcane Magic is fairly rare, replaced by the widespread use of Psionics.

Idea is, that this alt-team would be a group of good aligned adventurers fighting against tyrrany of their world's rulers, that wants to use the artifacts from the Maze to further they aims.

My problem is, that the ideas for the characters themselves made making good builds for them pretty hard. But You don't argue with the GM, so...

I. Illithid Paladin [I am thinking about switching Paladin with Lawful Incarnate, Crusader or Psychic Warrior].

II. Aboleth Cleric [Maybe Ardent to fit with psionics theme?].

III. Duergar Rogue [Lurk or Factotum maybe?].

I really have no idea, what to do with them, to be honest... None of my ideas so far, were very impressive, especially for a team, which is supposed to wipe the floor with our characters.

High level adjustments on all of them complicates things even further.

Could anybody offer me some suggestions on that matter? Some Prc's, or powerful class/feat combinations?

The characters are supposed to have ECL's of 15 to 17, if it helps.

Thanks in advance, and apologies, for my weak command of English...