PDA

View Full Version : Good Ways to carry around 4 or 5 dead bodies

Talionis
2013-08-20, 08:18 AM
I want to be able to carry 4 or 5 dead bodies with my Divine Bard. Currently level 4 so he has access to Gentle Repose spell. I'm just looking for good ways to carry around bodies.

I probably won't get any more levels of casting though, so I'm looking for items, feats, weird ideas to carry around dead bodies maybe even improving the ways I carry them as I level.

I'm okay with a "meat wagon" for a while... Just hoping I'll get some creative ideas for higher levels.

Fax Celestis
2013-08-20, 08:25 AM
Shrink item is a good start: when corpses are no longer creatures they become objects.

ryu
2013-08-20, 08:40 AM
Bag of holding. You don't need them to oxidize do you?

Telonius
2013-08-20, 08:50 AM
... Animate Dead? :xykon:

Pack animals are good for this. Prestidigitation would probably help cover up the smell (though it wouldn't prevent decay). Tenser's Floating Disk would work.

strider24seven
2013-08-20, 09:02 AM
Shrink item + Heward's Handy Haversack.
That way you can produce the corpse you want as a move action.

Psyren
2013-08-20, 09:03 AM
Shrink item is a good start: when corpses are no longer creatures they become objects.

When they're statues, too (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0790.html) :smallbiggrin:

Talionis
2013-08-20, 09:43 AM

I like this idea a lot, because it has the same time limit as Gentle Repose, and I agree that a dead corpse isn't alive so shrinking it seems plausible once they are dead.

But its a 3rd level sorcerer/wizard spell... (Is there a simple way to do this with a low casting Bard spell?)

Heward's Handy Haversack is a great idea. Just need to get the shrinking working.

Psyren
2013-08-20, 09:50 AM
UMD a scroll (or wand) of it; even in scroll form it will last 5 days.

Person_Man
2013-08-20, 09:55 AM
May I ask why you need to carry corpses around with you? Can't you just kill your enemies, and use their corpses?

Fax Celestis
2013-08-20, 09:57 AM
May I ask why you need to carry corpses around with you? Can't you just kill your enemies, and use their corpses?

Ah, Person Man, ever the pragmatist.

Terumitsu
2013-08-20, 09:58 AM
If you need the bodies for long term storage, shrink item and, if a psion is on hand, quintessence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/quintessence.htm) is quite handy especially seeing how the stuff is largely reusable and can be quite a lot of fun.

Plus you could argue that quintessence stops the raise dead clock for something being dead for so many days/weeks/years as it states time not passing for the covered thing in particular.

Or you could make a sort of custom psionic item to trigger it to cover a person once they hit negative HP and put them in immediate stasis safe from death. Or good as a kidnapping tool or what have you when dumped on a person. The will save itself is really easy to make at the level you get access to the power and this is out of combat preparation anyway so time usually isn't a factor when it comes to the larger quantities.

And then there is my favorite where you effectively have supersoakers of the stuff where you take a pressure tank with a wide nozzle hose. You now have a way to take out swaths of things with no save. Again, takes some thinking and preparation but it is worth doing once.

But that's all a bit off tangent now, isn't it?

And I totally missed the level 4 part. My bad

Shining Wrath
2013-08-20, 11:29 AM
There are creatures that do this - Carrion Crabs, Harpoon Spiders, and so on.

Make friends.

strider24seven
2013-08-20, 11:31 AM

Make friends.

Ask your neighborhood Sam and Dean how to win friends and influence monsters.

Talionis
2013-08-20, 12:13 PM

Sometimes, not just any corpse will do. You want to keep them like fine wine.

Talionis
2013-08-20, 12:15 PM

Make friends.

Now, this is an interesting interesting thought... I'll look into some of these types of Monsters, too.

Psyren
2013-08-20, 12:18 PM

Make friends.

Cadaver Collector offers the coolest and most disturbing visual for this. Oh yeah, and you can make one!

Person_Man
2013-08-20, 12:44 PM
Sometimes, not just any corpse will do. You want to keep them like fine wine.

Um, ok. But what are you going to use the corpses for?

If you're going to Animate them, you only need to cast that once, and then they just follow you around (or they can live in your Portable Hole, since they don't breath). And your Animated minions can always carry around additional corpses as needed.

If you just need the bodies for some other campaign specific reason, how much of the bodies do you need? You could always remove most of the fluids and organs, which would get the per corpse weight down to 50 lbs or less. Or if the condition of the corpse is not an issue, you can cremate them, and carry dozens of corpses with you in a jar.

Also, given your corpse carrying needs, you may want to buy the Night Caller. It's a whistle that lets you make a zombie that loyally serves you until destroyed. (7,000 gp, Libris Mortis pg 79).

Yogibear41
2013-08-20, 06:08 PM
is 4 or 5 dead bard bodies enough to gain cover/concealment? lol :smallsmile:

Spuddles
2013-08-20, 06:11 PM
Cast Hoard Gullet on yourself, then use a [polymorph] spell to turn into a huge creature. Swallow the corpses. Barf them up later when you need them.

Erik Vale
2013-08-20, 06:19 PM
Cast Hoard Gullet on yourself, then use a [polymorph] spell to turn into a huge creature. Swallow the corpses. Barf them up later when you need them.

And don't be surprised when your DM asks are you sure? and then makes you begin making saves vs disease and vomiting.

Portable Holes/Enveloping pits are good.

Spuddles
2013-08-20, 06:26 PM
And don't be surprised when your DM asks are you sure? and then makes you begin making saves vs disease and vomiting.

That's why you cast Hoard Gullet....

Benthesquid
2013-08-20, 06:29 PM
A set of Bags of Corpse Ferrying.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/bag-corpse-ferrying

Jack_Simth
2013-08-20, 06:36 PM

Portable Holes/Enveloping pits are good.
Enveloping Pit (although you'll need a really tall ladder, some rope, and probably a block & tackle) is much better. May need to UMD it, but, well, he did say bard.

Erik Vale
2013-08-20, 08:03 PM
That's why you cast Hoard Gullet....

You still have to put it in your mouth, which contains your toungw... But presdigitation can probably help with the taste.