PDA

View Full Version : MURDER! II (recruiting)

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-18, 12:41 AM
has anyone played the murder game in the message boards? *i remember it but i cant find it anywhere so i decided to start a new one.

the first 10 people to post will be the players, it is played in all of the SMBG and the Town.

the rules are as follows:
i will give you the name of another player, you will try to "murder" that player by saying so no more than 2 posts after your target. the catch is anyone and everyone can witness the murder, if so than your intended target is still dead but you are jailed for a day, which means you cant commit a murder for 24 hours but you can still be killed (please be honest people) when you kill someone you get their target, if your the lat one standing you win and you are automaticly in the next game (if you want to be)

also when you kill someone PM me with the link so i can verify it and i will PM you and your target to inform of the verified kill. same goes for jailing

if any one remembers other rules from befor please let me know.

Let the bloodshed begin

Detective Points: When a murder occurs, and someone spots it they PM the narrarator and get a detective point. For exaple if I post:

I kill DLD

in a thead ((yes there is invisible writing)) and Llama spots it, and is the first to PM you, he gets a detective point. The person with the most detective points generally wins a Best Detctive award

Current players (9):

Atreyu the Masked LLama
Krursk
Weebl
Death, your friend the Reaper
Selrahc
Bookman
Captain van der Decken
Silkenfist
Alarra

EDIT: Posts in 'Kiss or Kill' and 'Stabbity Death' don't count!

EDIT 2: Thanks, Krursk!

EDIT 3: Posts in the Town don't count, either!

Krursk
2006-12-18, 01:16 AM
I'll sign up. I have memories of the game from before. I eventually got points for killing myself. You basically have the game written up in your post DLD, but there are a few additions.

Detective Points: When a murder occurs, and someone spots it they PM the narrarator and get a detective point. For exaple if I post:

I kill DLD

in a thead ((yes there is invisible writing)) and Llama spots it, and is the first to PM you, he gets a detective point. The person with the most detective points generally wins a Best Detctive award

If I think of any others I'll edit the post

Weebl
2006-12-18, 05:38 AM
I'll play
*grumbles about the stupid ten letters*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-18, 08:00 AM
A few suggestions
1) Keep it out of Town. Trust me, its best for everyone.
2) I'd have the murderer PM their victim as well as the narrator.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-18, 08:14 AM
A few suggestions
1) Keep it out of Town. Trust me, its best for everyone.
2) I'd have the murderer PM their victim as well as the narrator. 1)Makes sense
2) You mean if you murder someone you'd send the PMs? The victim won't be able to tell anyone else though, to keep things fair. you're supposed to EARN detective points.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-18, 08:30 AM
1) We once had a big mess involving Cabbagetheif playing the murder game in Town and non-murder game players thinking it was an attack on the guy in storyline and they made a deal out of arresting CT and his murder was exposed to the world.

2) I agree. This allows the poor victim to know he's been murdered immediately instead of waiting until DLD is online. Also, this way the victim can give his target to his killer, so the killer will know who to hunt for next.

3) oooh, one last thing. I'd institute a rule that was in the last few games, but not mentioned in the opening post, is that every participant must post at least once a day in order to stay in the game.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to take over this game, or boss you around. I'm just trying to help you avoid some of the problems I've seen in it. I do appreciate you running a game of it.

Selrahc
2006-12-18, 09:41 AM
I'm in. I was looking forward to the last game.

Bookman
2006-12-18, 01:04 PM
I hope I'm around enough........I'm in

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-18, 01:23 PM
Cool. I'm in.

Silkenfist
2006-12-18, 05:12 PM
I'm in.

(Also, I kill the Captain. Can't start early enough y'know?)

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-18, 11:05 PM
1) We once had a big mess involving Cabbagetheif playing the murder game in Town and non-murder game players thinking it was an attack on the guy in storyline and they made a deal out of arresting CT and his murder was exposed to the world.

2) I agree. This allows the poor victim to know he's been murdered immediately instead of waiting until DLD is online. Also, this way the victim can give his target to his killer, so the killer will know who to hunt for next.

3) oooh, one last thing. I'd institute a rule that was in the last few games, but not mentioned in the opening post, is that every participant must post at least once a day in order to stay in the game.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to take over this game, or boss you around. I'm just trying to help you avoid some of the problems I've seen in it. I do appreciate you running a game of it. I appreciate the suggestions.

2 more needed for the game to start!

3) What if this caused someone to have their target removed or someone to not have another hunting them down?

((that's obvious, but I don't know how i'd bring that into the game. if you could help with that part then it would be appreciated))

Alarra
2006-12-19, 12:59 AM
I'll play.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-19, 08:52 AM
I appreciate the suggestions.

3) What if this caused someone to have their target removed or someone to not have another hunting them down?

((that's obvious, but I don't know how i'd bring that into the game. if you could help with that part then it would be appreciated))

Sure.
if
Dragoonstar47 is assigned to kill Reijas
Reijas is assigned to kill Darth Mario

but if Reijas doesn't post in a day then it is treated as if he was murdered by Dragoonstar47 and Dragoonstar47 is given Darth Mario as his new target.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-21, 05:34 AM
*bump*

A spot open for one more person!