PDA

View Full Version : Factotum feats, get your factotum feats here! [PEACH]

qwertyu63
2013-08-20, 03:17 PM
Nothing to say, these are homebrew feats for the Factotum. Let's get started.

Cunning Preparation:
You always seem to have just the right thing in your bags.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature
Benefit: You may carry up to 100 gp of unspecified items. As a standard action, you can spend 1 inspiration point to dig through your things to retrieve an mundane or alchemical item you pick at that time, deducting its value from the amount of unspecified items you have. You can replenish your unspecified items by spending a hour and gold equal to the amount you wish to replace.

Cunning Foresight:
Your foresight and cunning allows you to lay out long reaching plans.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, Cunning Preparation, character level 9th
Benefit: You may, at any time between encounters, set aside time for later use. While you are setting aside time, you are not present. You may set aside up to 1 hour of time and can only set aside 1 block of time at once (if you set another, the first is lost). Once per day you can spend 4 inspiration points as a standard action to declare what you did during the time you have set aside. Once used, a block of set aside time is lost.

Cunning Worship:
You know how to draw some divine power the same way you draw arcane power.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, arcane dilettante class feature, character level 3rd
Benefit: You may prepare a single divine spell from the cleric spell list in the place of one of your arcane spells from Arcane Dilettante. The save DC of this spell is based on Wisdom.

Cunning Adaptability:
You always seem to know just what to do.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, character level 3rd
Benefit: As a swift action, you can spend 2 inspiration point to gain a temporary feat. You may select any feat for which you meet the prerequisites. You will have the chosen feat for 1 minute. You can Cunning Adaptability once per day per point of Intelligence bonus you have.

Cunning Assessment:
A quick glance over the scene before you reveals new insights.
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your Intelligence bonus, you may make an Intelligence check with a DC of 18. Success on this check allows you to regain 2 inspiration points that you have already used this encounter. Making this check does not require an action, and you can use it as often as you wish during your turn or others’ turns—provided that you have daily uses left.

Cunning Burst:
You know how to push yourself to the limit.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, character level 6th
Benefit: As a swift action, you can spend 2 inspiration points to boost an ability score. You may select any any ability score except Intelligence. You get a +2 untyped bonus to the chosen ability score for 1 minute. You can use Cunning Burst once per day per point of Intelligence bonus you have.

Improved Cunning Strike:
Your deadly attacks are harder than most.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, cunning strike class feature, character level 6th
Benefit: The amount of sneak attack dice provided by Cunning Strike is doubled to 2d6 damage per point.

Improved Cunning Surge:
You can clearly control your own surges.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, cunning surge class feature
Benefit: By spending 1 inspiration point, you can take an extra move action during your turn.

Endless Inspiration:
You are more inspired than most factotums.
Benefit: For every full 3 inspiration points you have from Factotum class levels, you gain an extra inspiration point.
Special: This feat can not be taken on a character with Font of Inspiration, nor may a character with this feat take Font of Inspiration.

Inspiring Music:
You have studied the tricks of the bard, and can replicate them to a degree.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, character level 3rd, Perform 3 ranks
Benefit: You get Bardic Music and Inspire Courage as a first level bard (therefore you can use Inspire Courage once per day). Using a use of Bardic Music via this feat costs 1 inspiration point.

Cunning Performance:
Your studies into the art of the bard have unlocked some of their magic.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, arcane dilettante class feature, character level 3rd, Inspiring Music, Perform 3 ranks
Benefit: You may prepare a single arcane spell from the bard spell list in the place of one of your arcane spells from Arcane Dilettante. The save DC of this spell is based on Charisma.

Weapon Property:
Musing: When a musing weapon deals a creature enough damage to make it drop (typically by dropping it to below 0 hit points or killing it), the wielder can activate its inspiring power, regaining 2 inspiration points. This power can be activated once per day, and activating this power does not take an action.
Price: +1

Armor Property:
Refrain: When the wearer of refrain armor is below 50% of their maximum HP, they can can activate its inspiring power, regaining 3 inspiration points. You can activate this power once per day, and activating this power does not take an action.
Price: +1

Inspiration Chime:
You can share your inspiration via music.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, Bardic Music
Benefit: By spending 1 daily use of Bardic Music, you can grant an ally within 30 feet the benefit of your Cunning Insight or Cunning Knowledge class features for 1 round (You must still spend the inspiration points). These features use your Intelligence modifier and factotum level.

asdflove
2013-08-21, 02:33 PM
Cunning Worship:
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, arcane dilettante class feature, character level 3rd
Benefit: You may prepare a single divine spell from the cleric spell list in the place of one of your arcane spells from Arcane Dilettante. The save DC of this spell is based on Wisdom.

Hmm. I really like this. :smallsmile: It lets the Factotum branch out a little bit more. Though the DCs won't be as high as on the arcane spells.

Cunning Assessment:
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, character level 5th
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your Intelligence bonus, you may make an Intelligence check with a DC of 18. Success on this check allows you to regain 2 inspiration points that you have already used this encounter. Making this check does not require an action, and you can use it as often as you wish during your turn or others’ turns—provided that you have the inspiration points to spend.

Okay, I really like this.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-21, 05:18 PM
Nothing to say, these are homebrew feats for the Factotum. Let's get started.

Cunning Adaptability:
You always seem to know just what to do.
Benefit: As a swift action, you can spend 2 inspiration point to gain a temporary feat. You may select any feat for which you meet the prerequisites. You will have the chosen feat for 1 minute. You can Cunning Adaptability once per day per point of Intelligence bonus you have.
Interesting. As I see it, out of combat a character has a potentially unlimited amount of feats though.

Cunning Preparation:
You always seem to have just the right thing.
Benefit: You may carry up to 100 gp of unspecified items. As a standard action, you can spend 1 inspiration points to may dig through your things to retrieve an mundane or alchemical item you pick at that time, deducting its value from the amount of unspecified items you have. You can replenish your unspecified items by spending few hours and gold equal to the amount you wish to replace.
Now this is a cool idea, and brings something different to the table. Seems fairly balanced

Cunning Worship:
I'd suggest replacing the Arcane Dilettante with A cleric spell list. Only one doesn't seem fair for a feat.

Cunning Assessment:
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, character level 5th
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your Intelligence bonus, you may make an Intelligence check with a DC of 18. Success on this check allows you to regain 2 inspiration points that you have already used this encounter. Making this check does not require an action, and you can use it as often as you wish during your turn or others’ turns—provided that you have the inspiration points to spend.
I like this too but I think it should be an instantaneous action.

Cunning Burst:
You know how to push yourself to the limit.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, character level 7th
Benefit: As a swift action, you can spend 2 inspiration point to boost an ability score. You may select any any ability score except Intelligence. You get a +2 untyped bonus to the chosen ability score for 1 minute. You can Cunning Burst once per day per point of Intelligence bonus you have. I think this should be a competence bonus in fitting in with fluff and it should only cost 1 IP

Improved Cunning Surge:
You can clearly control your own surges.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, cunning surge class feature
Benefit: By spending 1 inspiration point, you can take an extra move action during your turn.
Fairly Mediochre but useful in some situations

Improved Cunning Strike:
Your deadly attacks are harder then most.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, cunning strike class feature, character level 7th
Benefit: The amount of sneak attack dice provided by Cunning Strike is doubled to 2d6 damage per point.
I don't really like this. I think that if you want better sneak attacks you should multiclass

Endless Inspiration:
You are more inspired then most factotums.
Benefit: For every full 3 inspiration points you have from Factotum class levels, you gain an extra inspiration point.
Special: This feat can not be taken on a character with Font of Inspiration, nor may a character with this feat take Font of Inspiration.
Seems like a better version of font of inspiration.

qwertyu63
2013-08-21, 06:40 PM
Interesting. As I see it, out of combat a character has a potentially unlimited amount of feats though.

It would be unlimited, but it is limited by your Int modifier. I thought of that. This feat is one of the two reasons I made the thread.

Now this is a cool idea, and brings something different to the table. Seems fairly balanced

Perfect. This was the other feat I thought up that inspired this thread.

I'd suggest replacing the Arcane Dilettante with A cleric spell list. Only one doesn't seem fair for a feat.

This is a one spell for one spell replacement. That is prepare your Arcane Dilettante spells normally, but you can replace one of them with a cleric spell. From my reading over the list, that alone increases versatility greatly, which was the point.

I like this too but I think it should be an instantaneous action.

A what? "instantaneous action"? Do you mean Immediate action?

I think this should be a competence bonus in fitting in with fluff and it should only cost 1 IP

And here I thought it was a bit too strong at 2 IP.

Fairly Mediochre but useful in some situations

I figured it would come in handy.

I don't really like this. I think that if you want better sneak attacks you should multiclass

Eh, to each their own.

Seems like a better version of font of inspiration.

That's the idea. If you are only taking FoI once or twice, this is better. If you plan on taking FoI several times, this is worse. I was trying to replace FoI.

qwertyu63
2013-09-23, 04:00 PM
Arise thread.

I have added in a new feat, along with some magic item properties.