PDA

View Full Version : Smite Charge Build Help

drax75
2013-08-20, 03:20 PM
Hello Playground, i am playing in a friends game where their are consistently a considerable amount of evil creatures. This lead me to create a Charging, Smiting, Cleric/Fighter. My issue is i just hit level 9 and i am not sure where to go with it from here.... feat wise anyways....

1 Cleric, 6 Fighter, 2 Fist of Raziel

Human: Power Attack
1: Cleave
3: Improved Bull Rush
6: Shock Trooper
9: ???????????? DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO TAKE
Fighter 1: Servant of the Heavens
Fighter 2: Improved Smite
Fighter 3: Extra Smite
Fighter 4: Leap Attack

I just do not know what else i can take with my 9th level feat that would feed into this build, i could always take extra smite for 2 more smite attempts but i feel like its sort of a waste.

I am currently using a +2 Valorous GreatSword, gold in this game is hard to find or i might have gone with a Exotic Weapon Prof Full blade or something.

Any help?

Beleron
2013-08-20, 03:35 PM
Combat Brute was my first thought but Improved Sunder followed by CB seems a bit late at this stage.

What are your domains? Law Devotion is solid.

drax75
2013-08-20, 03:39 PM
Combat Brute was my first thought but Improved Sunder followed by CB seems a bit late at this stage.

What are your domains? Law Devotion is solid.

My domains are Strength and War, it gave me enlarge and a few other nice spells.

Beleron
2013-08-20, 03:44 PM
Eventually you'll be able to take Holy Warrior, then.

Edit: The other issue is the lack of pounce, but that requires Barbarian or Psychic Warrior.

Garagos
2013-08-20, 04:02 PM
See if your DM will waive the Orc/Half-orc requirements for Headlong Rush.

Also, could you take a level in Barbarian for Spirit Lion Totem, aka Pounce, for Full Attack on a charge?

drax75
2013-08-20, 04:06 PM
See if your DM will waive the Orc/Half-orc requirements for Headlong Rush.

Also, could you take a level in Barbarian for Spirit Lion Totem, aka Pounce, for Full Attack on a charge?

DM is already having heartburn about my character so i doubt he will waive anything. This likely includes Barbarian, since barbarians can't be lawful.

I was thinking of grabbing a single level of Psychic Warrior which should give me Psionic Lion's Charge, but i can't find what book that power is mentioned in so i can look up the specifics.

If i cant find it in a book i doubt he will let me use it.

EDIT: NM would take 2 levels of Psychic Warrior :smallfrown:

Fax Celestis
2013-08-20, 04:09 PM
What's your Dex? Evasive Reflexes is good on any melee build. Snap Kick is good on chargers for mini-pounce. Any of the Divine feats from Complete Warrior may or may not be worth it depending on your Cha.

If Book of Experimental Might is available (one of my favorite third-party books), you might want to take one of the Oblation feats (possibly War or Death), Running Circles (if you start in a creature's threat, you don't provoke AoO for movement this turn), Hampering Strike (creatures you hit take a 10' penalty to all modes of movement until the start of your next turn), or Acrobatic Charge (turn up to 90' during a charge).

Dusk Eclipse
2013-08-20, 04:30 PM
Since he is a smite based charger his cha probably high. Divine might is something to consider.

drax75
2013-08-20, 04:43 PM
Since he is a smite based charger his cha probably high. Divine might is something to consider.

I am away from my character sheet sitting at my desk at work. When i get home in a couple hours i will post my Charisma but i want to say its 15 or 16 might even be higher.

Divine Might looks good though, i was also considering Awesome Smite as well figured then i could Power Attack, Charge, Leap, Smite, and then Trip my foe's.

drax75
2013-08-20, 08:40 PM
Okay i am at home

str 22
dex 15
con 18
wis 15
int 13
cha 18

i know crazy scores some of those are due to items some of it is due to the crazy high starting array.

So i am thinking based on this that the Divine Might Feat may be a good way to go, or should i grab the Awesome Smite feat?