PDA

View Full Version : need help building a large gold dragon

kingsolomon
2013-08-20, 06:03 PM
As the title says, I need help. I'm playing a ecl of 18 gold dragon and I need weapons and armor and other cool things for him. I have only found like 2 things in draconomicon. The highest price I can spend on one item is 100k then 90 and 80 and so forth scaled down to a total of around 400k.
Thanks for any good input.

Rebel7284
2013-08-20, 06:07 PM
What feats do you have? Do you have any other classes or just dragon HD?

kingsolomon
2013-08-20, 06:36 PM
feats no not really only ones I want are to make my full base attacks as in bite 2 wings 2 claws and tail.

Metahuman1
2013-08-20, 06:43 PM
Right, Superior unarmed strike might be a worth while investment for the Iterative attacks form you full BAB.

An Amulet of Mighty Fists could be awesome.

If you give a crap about breath weapon, the following are powerful to useful: Entangling Exhalation, Clinging Breath, Heighten Breath, Maximize Breath, Quicken Breath, Extend Breath. Remember the trick is to pile them on all at once at the first opportune moment.

kingsolomon
2013-08-20, 10:19 PM
Cool thanks for the tips.

Big Fau
2013-08-20, 10:42 PM
An item to consider (for your Breath Weapon) is a Dragon Spirit Cinture from the MiC.

tyckspoon
2013-08-21, 12:15 AM
You'll want some way to use your BAB for iteratives. The most obvious would be either getting Improved Unarmed Attack for unarmed strike or a weapon with the Mouthpick property (Lords of Madness), which replaces your Bite with a manufactured weapon. You could also try having some spiked armor, 'boot' blades, or other non-hand-using weapons made for your shape, but your DM may think that's weird. If you decide to go the IUS route, consider picking it up by way of a Fanged Ring (Dragon Magic) - gives IUS and Imp. Natural Attack for it for a mere 10k gold.

Pounce or some kind of Free Action/Swift Action/extra Move action movement, so that you can more reliably deliver your truckload of natural attacks. This is easiest to do with class levels, and next easiest with feats, but if you have to you can do a decent job with magic items (Grab your nearest copy of Magic Item Compendium and check out the Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker, Belt of Battle, and Anklets of Translocation.)

A Gemstone of Heavy Fortification, because it's a very cheap, non-slot using means of getting that effect.. and since you actually *are* a dragon, you don't even have to pay for the Limited Wish to have it magi-surgically implanted.

Otherwise.. you mostly want the same stuff any other big bruiser does. Take a look around for the List of Essential Items and google Bunko's Bargain Basement and Shax's Handy Haversack for postings of good buys.