PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying for Arcane PrCs with Divine Casting

Fax Celestis
2013-08-20, 11:05 PM
Is there a way to do it? Say I want to go Wizard into, say, War Priest for some inexplicable reason.

Drynwyn
2013-08-20, 11:14 PM
Southern Magician from races of Faerun. Cast arcane as divine or vice versa once/day per 2 CL's.

Saintheart
2013-08-20, 11:37 PM
Alternate Spell Source metamagic, Dragon 325 if I remember right. That's assuming the prereqs call for "ability to cast X level arcane spells" and not "3rd level arcanecaster" or some such.

EDIT: ... wait a second, Fax, you told me about that feat. :smallbiggrin:

Nohwl
2013-08-21, 12:08 AM
you could look into magical training (gives a few 0th level spells) or the dragonsblood pool magical location if you spontaneously cast spells (lets you spontaneously cast an arcane spell of up to 3rd level).

exalted arcanist can be entered as a divine caster and you get an arcane spell from it too, so you could use that to qualify.

might also be able to go with magical training, precocious apprentice, sanctum spell and a dragonsblood pool to qualify for anything requiring 3rd level spells as a fighter if you really wanted to.

Chronos
2013-08-21, 12:10 AM
Alternate Source Spell requires that you already have both kinds of magic, though. It can provide early entry to some theurge-like classes, but you still need a single level of the other kind (or some other trick).

Fax Celestis
2013-08-21, 08:24 AM
Alternate Spell Source metamagic, Dragon 325 if I remember right. That's assuming the prereqs call for "ability to cast X level arcane spells" and not "3rd level arcanecaster" or some such.

EDIT: ... wait a second, Fax, you told me about that feat. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, but the problem there is you still need the divine slots to put the arcane ones in.

Telonius
2013-08-21, 08:38 AM
Maybe use Shapechange to turn into something that can cast spells as a Cleric (like a Trumpet Archon)? Pretty high level to qualify, but that's really the only thing I can think of (short of convincing the DM that Wish or Miracle's spell duplication counts for prereqs).

Segev
2013-08-21, 09:51 AM
I think the Sorcerer option to pick up a Cleric domain has them cast those Domain spells as divine. That gives you casting of both types for qualification purposes.

Geomancer requires casting of both types, IIRC, or I'd suggest it: it eventually lets you cast one as the other.