PDA

View Full Version : Dragon themed character

Azoth
2013-08-21, 03:50 AM
I am looking for a fun way to have a character with a personal retinue of Dragons. How can this be done by RAW without enslaving them/buying eggs on the black market and hatching them myself?

I know of the feats to gain a dragon as a familiar and another as a cohort, but am coming up blank for other options.

Pesimismrocks
2013-08-21, 04:00 AM
Leadership comes to mind. There is a prestige class the Beastheart adept which provides you with 3 magical beast companions. Not RAW but see if your DM will let you replace them with dragons of the appropriate CR Even without that 1 or 2 of them can be wyverns

Diovid
2013-08-21, 04:14 AM
The Dragon Lord prc from Dragon Magic fits, not that it's great however. Possibly combine it with the only actually good leadership-based prc, Legendary Leader from Heroes of Battle.

Alternatively, if the book Dragonlance Campaign Setting is on the table, you can take a look at it's Dragon Rider prc.

Vaz
2013-08-21, 04:19 AM
There is Dragon Cohort feat, but outside of that, PAOing is the only other option that I can think of.

geekintheground
2013-08-21, 09:50 AM
at level 5 of Dracolyte you get a wyrmling friend/ward.

herrhauptmann
2013-08-21, 12:58 PM
Zhentarim Skymage from lords of darkness.
You basically get a flying mount based on your ZS level and your charisma score (i think).

Class advances your casting 5/5, but needs some better proofreading. Bab for instance progresses at the rate: 0/1/1/2/3. If it were wizard bab, it would be 0/1/1/2/2. If it were rogue it would be 0/1/2/3/3. Given the d4 hit die, I think it should be wizard...