View Full Version : "As you wish"

SavageWombat
2013-08-21, 10:31 AM
Most unusual Princess Bride reference ever?

Reaver225
2013-08-21, 10:34 AM
unusualYou keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

WindStruck
2013-08-21, 10:39 AM
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

This is very true for "deus ex machina" and "epileptic tree theory".

Tyrrell
2013-08-21, 10:43 AM
It could be a reference, after all it is is last words to his son. But I think it more likely just coincidence.

NerdyKris
2013-08-21, 11:06 AM
It's not a reference. Just because something shares a term doesn't make it a reference. This is in no possible way connected to an unrequited romance between a stable boy and a noble woman.

"As you wish" is still a standard English phrase.

Kareasint
2013-08-21, 11:15 AM
Given the Star Wars references in the past though, it does remind me of episode five where Vader is giving instructions to the Bounty Hunters.

Boba Fett. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZxo36r1lqM)

Come on, you know you heard Jeremy Bulloch's voice there.

allenw
2013-08-21, 08:29 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2375452416/hCEE3628F/

Porthos
2013-08-21, 09:08 PM
It's not a reference. Just because something shares a term doesn't make it a reference. This is in no possible way connected to an unrequited romance between a stable boy and a noble woman.

"As you wish" is still a standard English phrase.

IF Tarquin said, "I love you, Son" as he was stabbing him to death, I think it would mean something. :smalleek:

It's a valid interpretation, though. It's one I pondered late last night as I realized he said that whilst he was plunging the dagger into Nale's flesh.

Quild
2013-08-21, 10:36 PM
I laughed :p

IF Tarquin said, "I love you, Son" as he was stabbing him to death, I think it would mean something. :smalleek:

It's a valid interpretation, though. It's one I pondered late last night as I realized he said that whilst he was plunging the dagger into Nale's flesh.

Just realized your signature with the proverb and I love it! I'm happy each time
I see someone else reads these fantastic novels.
I want Hawk, can't waiiiiit.