PDA

View Full Version : Survival Horror (In Session)

Tormsskull
2006-12-18, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone,

Playing in some of the different games (like Werewolf) inspired me to make a game along those lines. If you are familiar with Resident Evil, this game will probably make sense to you. Once I see how many people are interested in playing, you'll be grouped up. Each group will contain 1 of each profession (each team will be composed of a marksman, expert, and scout). Each player has only 1 profession (They will be listed below), and each group starts at a pre-selected spot on a map. Each team will get to take an action each round. The map will consist of a variety of types of rooms. Rooms will contain either (1) nothing, (2) a monster, (3) an object.

Actions:
Move - Select a direction, move that way.
Rest - You don't move, but Scouts can use their scout ability to look into adjacent rooms & Experts can unlock locked containers in their room.

Professions:
Marksman - This player starts with a gun, and is used to kill monsters that they encounter. The gun contains 6 shots.
Expert - This player is able to take their team through locked doors & can open locked containers during a rest action.
Scout - This player can look into surrounding rooms during a rest action. This will reveal monsters and objects but not the number of doors or if any of the doors are locked.

Monsters:
Zombie - Typical undead that wants to eat you. Takes 2 shots to kill.
Zombie Dog - Not man's best friend. Takes 3 shots to kill.
Hunter - Bio-genetically engineered creature. Takes 4 shots to kill.

Objects:
Radio - every member of every team has one of these. They allow you to talk to other teams. You can use them to safely guide other teams through areas you have already been, or try to trick them to move in a direction you hope they do.
First Aid Kit - Useable (1) time, heals target during a rest action.
Ammunition Clip - 6 bullets.

Special Objects:
Magnum - With this gun all enemies are killed with 1 fewer shots.

Deaths:
If the marksmen dies, one of the other teammates can take his gun. Anyone that is not a marksmen using the gun will have to use an extra shot to kill an enemy (f/e: Zombies take 2 shots to kill for a marksman, 3 shots to kill for anyone else).
If the expert dies, you'll be unable to move through locked doors or open locked containers.
If the scout dies, hope you guess the right way to move.

Regardless of who dies, the turn after their death they become a Zombie in that room.

Rules:
If you enter a room and you know that there is a monster there (from having scouted the turn before), you can choose to kill it (assuming you have enough shots left) or pass it.
If you enter a room and that you have not scouted and a monster is there, it randomly injures 1 person on your team. (each person will be numbered 1-3, we'll use the die roller to determine who is injured). An injured person dies if they are attacked again. After the monster has injured one of you, you can choose to kill it (assuming you have enough shots left) or pass it.
Monsters DO NOT MOVE. I.E. if you pass through a room with a monster, it will not follow you. It will be there again if you come back through (unless another team encountered it).

Strategy:
You could scout every round to make traveling safer, but this means you can only move once every other round.
You could move everyone round to make traveling faster, but this means you're likely to get injured.

If two teams run into each other they can choose to either bypass one another or move with one another (you're not evil people that would kill each other).

When the teams are first formed you'll be given your starting location. F/E: Team A you start in room #6. This room has doors to the north and east. The room numbers are completely randomized and have no other meaning than helping me to track where each party is.

The game works in rounds. Each round will end @ 9 PM EST. One member of your team must PM me with your team name and action for that round. I'll then give you the results by 12 PM EST the following day. If I do not receive your team's action by 9 PM EST it will be treated as a non-action. Please make sure only 1 person from your team PMs me your action otherwise it will be treated as a non-action. A non-action means your team does not move, and does not rest. If your team has 3 consecutive non-actions, your team will be eliminated from the game.

The teams are encouraged to talk to one another (by posting in this thread). You can try to guide a different team to safety (or death). Or you can just brag when your team finds the magnum :smalltongue:.

All deaths will be announced (blood curdling screams and all), and if one team uses any shots within a 2-room range of another team, the other team will hear it. All this does is give one team a good idea on another team's location.

Any questions please post them in this thread. It should be a lot of fun if we get enough people interested.

Roster so far:
Lucky
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Captain van der Decken
Selrahc
Kyrian
Silkenfist
Ink
Joosbawx
Kantur
Alarra
Deckmaster
Jontom Xire
Krursk
weebl
Blackfox

Example of play:

Round 1
Team A uses a rest action to scout. They are able to determine that the room north of them contains a Zombie, and the room east of them is empty.
Team B chooses to move west. When they enter the room they find it empty.
Team C chooses to move east. When they enter they find a Zombie Dog that attacks someone injuring one of their teammates. They decide to kill it, using 3 of their 6 bullets.
Team D uses a rest action to scout. They are able to determine that the room west of them contains a hunter, and the room north of them contains an ammunition clip.

Round 2
Team A moves north, choosing to kill the Zombie inside, they subtract 2 shots from their inventory.
Team B uses a rest action to scout. They find the room east of them empty, the room to the north contains a Zombie Dog, and the room west contains a first aid kit.
Team C uses a rest action to scout. They determine that the room west of them is empty, and the room north contains a hunter.
Team D moves north and obtains an ammunition clip, adding it to their inventory. This room has a locked door on the east wall.

Round 3
Team A moves north. They find a room with a locked container inside.
Team B moves west and obtains a first aid kit.
Team C moves north and chooses to pass the hunter. The next round they will have to pick a direction to move.
Team D moves east through the locked door thanks to their expert. Inside they find a Zombie Dog & a locked container. The Zombie dog injures someone (rolls to determine).

Lucky
2006-12-18, 12:08 PM
Whoa... complicated...

But heck, why not?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-18, 12:10 PM
at work, no time to process rules system, don't care, must play!

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-18, 12:11 PM
Interesting. I'll do it.
How does the game end? When only one team survives?

Selrahc
2006-12-18, 12:18 PM
I shall join as well.

Um...As long as it's starting after Christmas? I'll be away from the 22nd.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-18, 12:26 PM
Wait.. yeah, same as Selrahc.

Tormsskull
2006-12-18, 12:39 PM
Interesting. I'll do it.
How does the game end? When only one team survives?

First team to escape from the complex. Basically there is an exit room. Once you reach that exit room, you win. There is a possibility that no teams will reach that room before dieing, and there is the possibility that two (or more) teams could reach that room at the exact same time. In that case both (or multiple) teams would tie.

In general I think that only 1 team will end up winning, but that's what is fun about leaving it to chance :smallsmile:.

I figured it would take a while to get enough people to form teams. I'm thinking we'll start right around January 8th (Monday of the 2nd week in January).

Lucky
2006-12-18, 12:46 PM
I figured it would take a while to get enough people to form teams. I'm thinking we'll start right around January 8th (Monday of the 2nd week in January).

Ohhhhh.. It's a sign! The game starts on my birthday! I'm going to win for sure!

Kyrian
2006-12-18, 12:53 PM
I'm in. Definetly in.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-18, 12:56 PM
Note to self: Be in Lucky's team.

Silkenfist
2006-12-18, 01:06 PM
I'm on Lucky's team.

Selrahc
2006-12-18, 01:08 PM
Do we get to pick our teams in advance?

I thought it was randomly chosen.

Tormsskull
2006-12-18, 01:11 PM
Do we get to pick our teams in advance?

I thought it was randomly chosen.

It is randomly chosen. Is it ironic that it would be lucky to be on Lucky's team? :smalltongue:.

Lucky
2006-12-18, 01:13 PM
It is randomly chosen. Is it ironic that it would be lucky to be on Lucky's team? :smalltongue:.I picked this name for a reason. :smallwink:

Beta
2006-12-18, 05:36 PM
I'll join too. And I'll ask something too. So a room can contain a monster or an item, but not both? then what would be the use of entering a room with a monster other than to deplete my ammo?

Silkenfist
2006-12-18, 05:52 PM
Well...find a way to the exit for example?

Tormsskull
2006-12-19, 08:49 AM
I'll join too. And I'll ask something too. So a room can contain a monster or an item, but not both? then what would be the use of entering a room with a monster other than to deplete my ammo?

Silkenfist has the right of it. In order to get to the exit it is very likely that you'll have to go through monsters. If you choose to scout every turn and always take the safe route, it could take you a VERY long time to get to the exit (if it is even possible). Of course, if every other team dies, this could become a good strategy.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-19, 09:34 AM
I haven't played Resident Evil, and have almost no idea what it is, but this seems interesting. Just one question, what's the objective to the game if we're not out to kill each other?

Ink
2006-12-19, 10:10 AM
Register now, read rules later. I'm in.

Tormsskull
2006-12-19, 10:12 AM
I haven't played Resident Evil, and have almost no idea what it is, but this seems interesting. Just one question, what's the objective to the game if we're not out to kill each other?

The objective of the game is to be the first group to escape the complex.

Think of it like this, your team is sent to investigate this complex because strange occurences have been happening in the vicinity. When you arrive and search around you find your self under attack by strange creatures. These include zombies, zombie dogs, and strange human-like creatures with screeching voices and arm-length claws (hunters).

Your goal is to escape the complex with your lives. My rationale as to why only 1 team lives (aside from it adding a solid 'win' clause to the game) is that when you escape you seal the entrance to the complex to avoid the creatures spreading out into the streets. Of course, any team not out of the complex by the time it is sealed are as good as zombie food.

So, just as an example:
--------------------
A-------------------
--------------------
--------------------
B------------------E
--------------------
--------------------
C-------------------
--------------------

If A = Team A's starting point, B = Team B's starting point, and C = Team C's starting point, every teams objective is to get to E (exit). Each '-' could be a monster, object, or empty room. A room may have a door in any/all directions, or it may have a door in only 2 directions. As long as 1 member of your team makes it to E, your team wins.

Joosbawx
2006-12-19, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't mind trying this at all. Sign me up.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-19, 10:22 AM
The objective of the game is to be the first group to escape the complex.

Think of it like this, your team is sent to investigate this complex because strange occurences have been happening in the vicinity. When you arrive and search around you find your self under attack by strange creatures. These include zombies, zombie dogs, and strange human-like creatures with screeching voices and arm-length claws (hunters).

Your goal is to escape the complex with your lives. My rationale as to why only 1 team lives (aside from it adding a solid 'win' clause to the game) is that when you escape you seal the entrance to the complex to avoid the creatures spreading out into the streets. Of course, any team not out of the complex by the time it is sealed are as good as zombie food.

So, just as an example:
--------------------
A-------------------
--------------------
--------------------
B------------------E
--------------------
--------------------
C-------------------
--------------------

If A = Team A's starting point, B = Team B's starting point, and C = Team C's starting point, every teams objective is to get to E (exit). Each '-' could be a monster, object, or empty room. A room may have a door in any/all directions, or it may have a door in only 2 directions. As long as 1 member of your team makes it to E, your team wins. ...I think i understand now

Kantur
2006-12-19, 11:20 AM
I'll play!

Alarra
2006-12-19, 01:10 PM
Why not? I'm in.

Deckmaster
2006-12-19, 02:20 PM
I believe I will play as well.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-19, 02:47 PM
I'm in.
What the hey. I'm playing (at times frantically) werewolf IV, I'm running Paranoia, let's complete the set.

I get the general idea.

I think ym home folder at work is gonna be full of SMBG spreadsheets and my Firefox will be full of SMBG tabs (3 so far and counting ;)

Beta
2006-12-20, 05:56 PM

ooohh, nasty...:smallamused:

just another few questions/suggestions :

- will there be random encounters/wandering monsters? I'll always remember them as the scariest moments of resident evil 1 on my gamecube.

You closed the door behind you. In front of you is a long hallway with lots of windows at your right side. You know all to well that behind those windows are numberous zombies and zombie-dogs running around. banging on the main entrance, scraping at the windows. Waiting for living flesh to become within there reach while trying to get inside the mansion with utmost effort. Of course, the not called BRAINLESS zombies for nothing. There's no way they could open even the simplest of doorlocks, whether it's actually locked or not. Besides, you've walked through this corridor at least a couple of times in the past hour. There's absolutely no reason to be afraid of anything while in this hallway.
Yet, as you slowly walk to the door at the other side, no more than 20 ft away, you hear a noise you've never heard before while passing through this part of the mansion. Knowing exactly what it means for you to hear this specific sound, your hart skips a beat or two.
It's the sound of braking glass

I love that game so much:smallbiggrin:

p.s. got a little carried away in storytelling, will save other questions/suggestions for later

Krursk
2006-12-21, 06:17 PM
I'll join, if it's still open

Silkenfist
2006-12-21, 06:45 PM
Uhm...small question: Why should I ever choose to shoot a monster? If I know that it is there, I can always choose to sneak past it and killing it would only make things easier for another group following us.

Tormsskull
2006-12-22, 11:44 PM
Uhm...small question: Why should I ever choose to shoot a monster? If I know that it is there, I can always choose to sneak past it and killing it would only make things easier for another group following us.

In order for you to know it is there, you must have scouted the turn before. So in order to always pass by the monster, you'd have to scout, move, scout, move. This would slow your team down considerably compared to a team moving more frequently. Remember, if 1 half-dead member of another team makes it to the exit, that team wins.

Weebl
2006-12-23, 03:19 AM
I can't wait to get that magnum! I'm in!

Tormsskull
2007-01-02, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone, hope you had a good holiday break from school/work and such.

I'm still aiming at starting this game on January 8th, and it looks like our roster has 14 people right now. Since it works with groups of 3, I'm hoping we can manage to grab 1 more person (or 4, or 7 :P).

Ok, looking forward to starting this, should be fun :smallsmile:.

blackfox
2007-01-02, 07:11 PM
I'd like to join if I could... I don't know how often I'll need to post but I should be able to post once a day.

caw
2007-01-02, 10:36 PM
i'll play this one.

can we shoot a player on another team if we scout them, or meet in a room? can two teams combine if both are down members?

Tormsskull
2007-01-03, 10:37 AM
can we shoot a player on another team if we scout them, or meet in a room? can two teams combine if both are down members?

This is covered in the first post. The skinny of it is no, you cannot shoot any players because you aren't evil people (humor me :P). Two teams can choose to move in the same direction, at which point a monster would attack one of the 6 people (i.e., if there are 6 people moving into a room that contains a monster, the monster will roll 1-6 to see who it hits). So no, you cannot really "combine" teams, but you can move together if you choose.

From this point forward any new registrants will have to come in threes. If only 1 or 2 more people sign up, they'll have to sit this one out. I'll be randomly forming the teams & randomly assigning the roles, and they will be PMed by Saturday sometime.

Each team will be receiving a PM from me with the names of all members on the team, their roles, the starting room, and the directions they can move from the starting room.

I'm not really concerned how much inter-talking there is between the groups. If you all want to tell each other what roles you got or who's on what team feel free, and if you don't want to, that's fine too. Just remember, the first team(s) that arrive(s) at the exit win(s). If you keep track of the number of the room that I give to you (like when I say you are in room # 6) and you know the direction you went from there, you can guide other teams when they enter room # 6. It is up to you if you want to guide them correctly or incorrectly.

Finally, I know this all probably sounds really confusing right now, but I'm certain it will become much clearer when the game begins and a round or two goes by. Either way, I hope we all have a lot of fun :smallsmile:.

Tormsskull
2007-01-05, 01:06 PM
Ok, I sent all of the teams their rosters & roles. The game doesn't actually start until Monday, but I wanted to get the roster out in case the weekend ends up being busy for me.

Slight change in the turnaround time. Each team still needs to send me their action by 9 PM EST each night, and I will have the results posted by the 12PM EST the following day (going to edit the first post to reflect this). I will most likely be able to get them back to you sooner, but I don't want to guarantee that in case something comes up.

Your return PMs will look something like this (as an example):

Zeta Team:
Your action - Move east. A zombie is in this room. It attacks [roll 1d3], injuring him/her.

Available Directions: North, South, West.

Recall that if you move into a room without scouting it out the round prior, one of your team members is automatically injured should there be a monster in the room. On the following turn, as your action, you can choose to kill the monster and continue moving, or just continue moving (You can't rest in the room if the monster hasn't been killed).

As I mentioned in my last post it seems kind of confusing right now (or as Lucky said, complicated) but I think it is going to end up being easier once we all see a round or two go by.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-06, 05:21 AM
What happens if you enter a room and don't have enough ammo to kill the monster?

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-06, 05:29 AM
...Why am I not on the game list?

Selrahc
2007-01-06, 05:31 AM
Cooperation or secrecy? Should we try and make a map collectively do you think?

Weebl
2007-01-06, 05:33 AM
Can rooms with dead monsters Still count As A monster Room?

Tormsskull
2007-01-07, 09:43 PM

I apologize DLD. From your posts I got the feeling you did not want to play. With your last post of "....I think I understand now" I wasn't sure if you meant you understand and like it, or understand and think it sounds stupid.

What happens if you enter a room and don't have enough ammo to kill the monster?

You choose to pass it. If you scouted the round prior, you pass it unharmed. If you did not scout the round prior, one of your teammates in randomly injured, and then you choose a direction to flee that room.

Can rooms with dead monsters Still count As A monster Room?

If a monster is killed, it is erased from the map. If a different team were to enter a room that previously contained a monster but it has been killed, they will not encounter it.

Remember, deadline for receiving your team's action is 9PM EST tomorrow (Monday). If you have already sent your team's action, I have already calculated the results, but am waiting to send the response until after the deadline for all groups.

As always, feel free to post any questions.

Silkenfist
2007-01-08, 05:05 AM
Do we recognize any of the following?

- Dead monsters in a room (You know...DEAD dead, not trying to chew on our throats, that dead)
- Emptied containers
- Locks opened by an expert

A.k.a. the footsteps of fellow escapees.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-08, 05:22 AM
((Oh, I forgot so sign up? My bad. I'll wait for the next one))

Tormsskull
2007-01-08, 06:36 AM
Do we recognize any of the following?

- Dead monsters in a room (You know...DEAD dead, not trying to chew on our throats, that dead)
- Emptied containers
- Locks opened by an expert

A.k.a. the footsteps of fellow escapees.

Ooo, I forgot to specify that didn't I? In the interest of adding as much strategy to the game as possible, I'm going to say the answers to all three questions are yes.

((Oh, I forgot so sign up? My bad. I'll wait for the next one))

Yeah, again, sorry for that. I just wasn't sure but I should have asked you.

Tormsskull
2007-01-09, 07:08 AM
Ok, Round 1 is done and over with. Every team should have received the results of their action/non-action by now.

Edit: V: I can definitely do that if every team agrees. I didn't know what any team's strategy was going to be. At this point, might be best to let the teams reveal themselves if they choose.

Ink
2007-01-09, 09:01 AM
*A crackling noise is heard over the radio frequency*

*crackle*.. Testing.. *crackle*.. testing.. one two... Hello everyone, this is Team Delta's expert, Ink. I'm here with our talented scout Kantur, and Team Delta's accurate marksman, Selrahc. We are currently located in room #289 but we will soon be on the move. How's everyone going?

(Tormskull, how about posting the teams and their members here for everyone's easy reference?)

Selrahc
2007-01-09, 03:44 PM
((Are we the only team wanting to cooperate then?))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-09, 04:48 PM
(I want to discuss that with the rest of my pack...err ...team. One of our members is away for now, so we'll get back to you.)

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-09, 05:39 PM
(Same. I want to, but probably should verifiy it with the team first.)

Weebl
2007-01-09, 05:44 PM
((One thing is that we were first Alpha team, then Bravo and now according to the result of our action we are now Beta! My brain is officailly frazzled.))

Kyrian
2007-01-09, 07:37 PM
((Deckin, sorry, I've been busy. I say it's ok.))

Tormsskull
2007-01-09, 10:25 PM
((One thing is that we were first Alpha team, then Bravo and now according to the result of our action we are now Beta! My brain is officailly frazzled.))

*takes the blame* I've been so worried making sure the map is perfect that I messed up the title once or a few times. I'll get them straight I swears :)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-09, 11:00 PM
(Its okay, Tormsskull. Its pretty obvious you've put a lot of work into this and i'm really looking forward to how it plays out. If all else fails, we'll just name the teams ourselves.)

Tormsskull
2007-01-10, 06:59 AM
Ok, Round 2 is done and over with. Every team should have received the results of their action/non-action by now. I'm using the old messages to send the new ones, so there shouldn't* be any more team-name mishaps.

* I think. :P

Tormsskull
2007-01-11, 06:53 AM
Ok, Round 3 is done and over with. Every team should have received the results of their action/non-action by now.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-11, 07:33 AM
Quick question.

If we scout and see a monster to the east, and then go north then east, if we come south again, the room already counts as scouted so we don't take a wound, right?

Tormsskull
2007-01-11, 09:55 AM
Quick question.

If we scout and see a monster to the east, and then go north then east, if we come south again, the room already counts as scouted so we don't take a wound, right?

Good question. The answer is no. The reason the answer is no is because it would be hell to keep track of which room numbers each team has scouted, and even though by game rules monsters don't move they really could. In order for the scouting to work it has to be done just prior to moving. The only exception to this is if you scout and then have a non-action and then move.

Beta
2007-01-11, 10:14 AM

Aahh, you were left out? Poor DLD. Is it of any comfort your not the only one left out? [points at self with sad look on face]

Tormsskull
2007-01-11, 11:11 AM
Aahh, you were left out? Poor DLD. Is it of any comfort your not the only one left out? [points at self with sad look on face]

I was trying to add people as they mentioned that they were interested. Your post I must have totally overlooked. If I run another game sometime I'll have to make sure to be more careful. Sorry.

Fredricus
2007-01-11, 12:51 PM
I could be the third team member. If you accept a new team. We just gave the other teams a head start to even things out.

Otherwise I'll wait for the next game.

Beta
2007-01-11, 01:43 PM
dont worry Tormsskull, I forgive you.
I would REALLY forgive you if in the next game Darklightdragon, Fredricus and myself would be in the same team, we would find a map in the our first room and 3 rocketlaunchers in the next room.

Tormsskull
2007-01-11, 03:00 PM
dont worry Tormsskull, I forgive you.
I would REALLY forgive you if in the next game Darklightdragon, Fredricus and myself would be in the same team, we would find a map in the our first room and 3 rocketlaunchers in the next room.

Ok 3 rocket launchers, you got it. I can't guarantee any ammo, but still :P

I think once we get through this game the Survival Horror game may change a lot. Some people have already been PMing me suggestions on what they like/don't like about the current format. Anyhow, if enough people want to do it again, I'll probably recruit a co-host for the game because I've already shown my poor organizational skills and 4 eyes are better than 2 :)

Kyrian
2007-01-12, 07:55 AM
*radios crackle to life* This is Kyrian of Team....what team are we? *Radios snap and crackle* Screw it, we'll be Team Atreyu, until I learn my team's name. And even then I'll still call us team Atreyu. *hiss* *pop* *snap* *why not, crackle* We're in some empty room, sounds like fun right? It's not...how's everybody doing out there?

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 08:04 AM
*hiss*crackle*This is Team Alpha here. I think we started on an edge, we scouted, missed a turn, moved and now we've scouted again but have some disagreement about where to go now.*crackle*Killed anything yet? Over!*hisssss*

Selrahc
2007-01-12, 08:33 AM
***Team Delta here. We started on the extreme western edge of the complex. Moving in a general Northern direction, to try and reach the top wall, No run ins with hostiles *Crackle*-et, but they have been si-*whistle*-ed. Proceeding with extreme caution. over***

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-12, 11:50 AM
*Radio crackle* Epsilon.. we're Team Epsilon, dammit! *Ahem* We're.. were are we? Okay, I'm not exactly sure were we are.We skirted round some zombies and are heading north. That's about it.

Selrahc
2007-01-12, 11:56 AM
***Meet on the top row?***

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-12, 12:06 PM
Ok 3 rocket launchers, you got it. I can't guarantee any ammo, but still :P

I think once we get through this game the Survival Horror game may change a lot. Some people have already been PMing me suggestions on what they like/don't like about the current format. Anyhow, if enough people want to do it again, I'll probably recruit a co-host for the game because I've already shown my poor organizational skills and 4 eyes are better than 2 :) You didn't say you would guarantee NO ammo... so there still might be some :smallbiggrin:

Tormsskull
2007-01-13, 12:14 AM
Rounds 4 and 5 are over with. As I sent to everyone, since it is the weekend your next actions aren't due until Monday January 15th @ 9PM EST. We'll resume then.

Alarra
2007-01-14, 12:26 PM
(Did we ever decide whether we'd post who's in what team?)

Krursk
2007-01-16, 03:04 AM
((I think it's up to us, but Kyrian did sort of just give away that he's on the same team as LLama))

Alarra
2007-01-16, 06:34 AM
(Oh did he now? You sure about that? I think he could name his team, team Atreyu and have no connection whatsoever with llama...)

Tormsskull
2007-01-16, 07:09 AM
Gamma Team:

[roll0]

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-19, 09:52 AM
(oooooh, I'm popular. Everybody wants to be on my team. Hehe.)

Tormsskull
2007-01-19, 10:00 AM
*Crackle* "Hello? Anyone there? So far we --- AHHHHHH!!!!" *sounds of screaming & chewing before the radio goes dead*

Summary: Beta Team wiped out due to inaction.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-19, 12:22 PM
((I think it's up to us, but Kyrian did sort of just give away that he's on the same team as LLama))

*radios crackle to life* This is Kyrian of Team....what team are we?

*Radio crackle* Epsilon.. we're Team Epsilon, dammit! *Ahem*

((:sigh:

Really.))

Selrahc
2007-01-19, 12:23 PM
Who was in team Beta?

Deckmaster
2007-01-19, 12:55 PM
Me, Lucky and weebl. I kept waiting for Lucky to PM me to see what my opionion was on what action we should take, but I guess he's AWOL like weebl is. I guess I should've done something, but I'm a bit busy these days myself, what with running Werewolf V.

Tormsskull
2007-01-23, 06:37 AM
Gamma Team

[roll0]

Kyrian
2007-01-23, 07:04 AM
*radio crackles to life* This is Kyrian of Team....Wang. *loud crash and shouting heard in background* Epsilon dammit, Epsilon! *crackle, snap, pop* Well, anyways, just wanted to say hi to you all, you know, hopefully you're all still out there....*radio transmission ends*

Silkenfist
2007-01-23, 07:44 AM
AAAAAHHH....Zombie Dog.....takeitoff, takeitoff, takeitoff.

OK, seriously: Can soemone tell me when the big target sign on my head had been painted?

Selrahc
2007-01-23, 10:48 AM
Zombie activity sparse on our end. We're finding some lovely loot however. :smallcool:

Tormsskull
2007-01-26, 06:52 PM
Sorry everyone, little bit of a personal emergency here. I'll be giving the results of everyone's actions by tomorrow morning. Then your next actions won't be due until Monday night like usual for the weekend.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 02:15 PM
*Click* "Hey Serlahc. We'll trade you some zombie dogs for some ammo. Nasty little bugger bout near ripped my hindleg off."

Jontom Xire
2007-01-29, 04:30 AM
*crackle* found one zombie so far - skirted round it - found ammo and a locked box *crackle*

Tormsskull
2007-02-02, 04:30 PM
As you all have by no doubt now discovered, you did not receive a response to your actions @ 7AM EST or so as usual. I will have them to you by tomorrow morning at the latest, and the next action will not be due until Monday night like usual for the weekend.

Tormsskull
2007-02-05, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry everyone, a little to late I realised that the excel spreadsheet where all of the info for this game is kept was left at work. I won't have access to it until tomorrow, but I promise that I'll get the response to your actions to you by tomorrow morning, and actions will be due on Tuesday night.

Once again, sorry!

Tormsskull
2007-02-07, 06:28 AM
Alpha Team

[roll0]

Tormsskull
2007-02-07, 06:36 AM
Delta Team

[roll0]

Tormsskull
2007-02-14, 06:56 AM
A lot of snow dropped on my neck of the woods today and I wasn't able to get out of the drive so I called off. Why do you care? Cause the updated Survival Horror datasheet is at work :(. Consider today skipped. Sorry.

Kyrian
2007-02-14, 07:01 AM
It's ok. Purdue University actually closed yesterday, and still is closed until 12pm EST. Hoping that the snow causes it to close the rest of today.

Korias
2007-02-14, 07:11 AM
Just a few questions: In the event that the Expert is killed, will the other characters be able to preform the Lock Picking? Same goes for The Scout.

And Second, can I join in next round?

Tormsskull
2007-02-21, 07:42 AM
Ok everyone, this game is starting to take up way too much of my time (and yours I can imagine), so I am going to call it at an end. The way I had initially designed this game I had not taken a lot of things into consideration.

First, sending PMs to every team is a lot of work, and thus if there is any interest in a 2nd edition of this game its all going to be done in the thread.

Second, I made the map too big. As such it was difficult for teams to have any idea where to go.

So, the three remaining teams are going to get a shared victory:

Team Gamma: Atreyu the expert, Silkenfist the scout, Alarra the markswoman

Team Delta: Selrahc the marksman, Ink the expert, Kantur the scout

Team Epsilon: Captain van der Decken the scout, Kyrian the expert, blackfox the marksman.

Below is a map of the complex. The key is:
Team Alpha = Green,
Team Beta = Yellow
Team Gamma = Magenta
Tema Delta = Teal
Team Epsilon = Grey
Exit = Blue square in middle
D = Dog
H = Hunter
C= Container
A= Ammo
F= First Aid Kit

The number on the color is the # of action that each team used. So 1 where they started, 2 is where they moved next, etc. The light fuscia color on the east side of the map is where 2 teams overlapped.

Ok, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Otherwise, if you're interested in having a 2nd edition of this game PLEASE suggest things that you didn't think worked very well / could have worked better.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/Tormsskull/SHMap.jpg

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-21, 09:00 AM
oh wow.....we were way off. We'd have walked forever. Yikes.

I thank you, Tormsskull, for an enjoyable game. I am sorry to hear of its ending. I think a smaller map, plus some room descriptions would be fun for next game.

Selrahc
2007-02-21, 09:16 AM
Wow... look at the green team. If they hadn't died, they would have probably won.

Fredricus
2007-02-21, 09:51 AM
Tormsskull are you thinking doing a second try?

Krursk
2007-02-21, 11:43 AM
Oh, the exit was in the middle. Damn it, why didn't we listen to our marksman?