PDA

View Full Version : PF Gestalt builds

Mjollnir075
2013-08-21, 02:39 PM
I was talking with my RL players yesterday about playing a gestalt game with them now that we wrapped up our previous campaign, and boy did they seem interested.

This got me thinking, what builds would the Playgrounders come up with?

Now, I don't mean in just pure power, either. I'm talking as much flavor as you can think of. Builds that really would be cool. Heck, some fluff added/changed to make the characters stand out would be cool too (I'm really lenient with fluff).

Greenish
2013-08-21, 02:54 PM
PF Soulknife goes well with, well, anything that uses a weapon. Creating a weapon out of your own willpower is pretty cool trick, it's not tied to any ability score, and the chassis is very nice.

Rogue//Paladin makes a great face guy, and a basis for "Good is not Nice" character.

[Edit]: Soulknife//Barbarian. Get so angry your rage manifests as a physical weapon.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-21, 03:11 PM
Magus plays well with any other casting class. Everyone likes better action economy and magus can pick up broad study to bring in the other casting. A magus synthesis summoner would be particularly nasty.

Cleric and paladin could pair well to be nigh unkillable.

Greenish
2013-08-21, 03:18 PM
"Bardarian" or Bard/Barbarian is a staple of 3.5, and should also work in PF. The image of a warrior singing and smashing his enemies is pretty cool. Savage Skald archetype optional but recommended.

Reprimand
2013-08-21, 03:31 PM
Wizard/Psion is fun if your allowing psionics that is.

Intelligence has never been so important!

Also Sorcerer/Wilder can be fun since you get a mid bab out of it.

Fun for rays and stuff! Plus wilder gives 4 skills points per level.

Psyren
2013-08-21, 03:39 PM
Bard//Ninja is a fun combo, particularly Dervish Dancer bards. Focus on Dex/Cha and perforate your enemies while sliding past their blows like water. Monk//Inquisitor could be a lot of fun too.

Chained Birds
2013-08-21, 03:43 PM
Rogue//Paladin makes a great face guy, and a basis for "Good is not Nice" character.

I'm more of the Ninja//Anti-Paladin.

The party will never see it coming. :smallamused:

Edit: Also, a Cryptic (Brutal Disrupter)//Aegis can really destroy creatures by level 6.

Greenish
2013-08-21, 03:51 PM
Bard//Ninja is a fun combo, particularly Dervish Dancer bards. Focus on Dex/Cha and perforate your enemies while sliding past their blows like water. Monk//Inquisitor could be a lot of fun too.Huh, ninja ki pool runs on Cha.

Ninja//Sorcerer with Shadow Bloodline? Serpentine Bloodline would also work.

Speaking of Cha, Paladin//Sorcerer/Dragon Discipline seems like a cool combo. You're a devoted servant of your deity, but can't deny the power that is your heritage. Bonus angst points for worshipping a deity that hates dragons.

Derpldorf
2013-08-21, 04:08 PM
If third party is allowed I love combining Alchemist with Interjection Gqmes Tinker class. The master of SCIENCE!

Baroncognito
2013-08-21, 04:22 PM
Paladin//Sorcerer/Dragon Discipline seems like a cool combo. You're a devoted servant of your deity, but can't deny the power that is your heritage. Bonus angst points for worshipping a deity that hates dragons.

Skip the angst, worship Apsu.

Manly Man
2013-08-21, 04:31 PM
Bard//Paladin and Paladin//Sorcerer are great ideas all their own, but if you really wanna get the idea of a holy warrior that can do a lot more magic, be an Oracle//Paladin. You pretty much get to be Jesus with a sword.

EDIT: Another idea I've wanted to try is an Oracle//Sorcerer. Yeah, it's certainly suboptimal, but you can use both halves of the build to fulfill roles that only one could do at a time, considering the limited spells known on the both of them. Starsoul bloodline and Spellscar mysteries can have a nice feel to them; you're related to aliens who were touched by the primal magic that ran rampant when they first landed on your home planet.

Baroncognito
2013-08-21, 04:42 PM
but if you really wanna get the idea of a holy warrior that can do a lot more magic, be an Oracle//Paladin. You pretty much get to be Jesus with a sword.

I made an Oracle with the wasting curse because the GM allowed me to fluff it as constantly bleeding from wounds associated with the Deity. (His eyes, in this case)

grarrrg
2013-08-21, 06:10 PM
I forget all the specifics, and I'm much to lazy to go forum digging right now, but...

CHARISMA!!!!

Side A
Oracle (Lore Mystery) 6/Agent of the Grave PrC 5/Anti-Paladin 1/Oracle +8 (feel free to drop to only 2 levels of Agent of the Grave, those are the best for our purposes)
Side B
Anti-Paladin 2/Sorcerer 18 (feel free to replace some Sorcerer levels with the PrC of your choice)
NOTE: Levels are NOT listed in any particular order. Other than going Oracle 6 > Agent of the Grave 1 for the first 7 levels, the rest are up to you.

Arcane AND Divine 9th levels spells.

Lore Mystery gives CHA to AC and Ref Save (replaces DEX).
Anti-Paladin gives CHA to all Saves.
Noble Scion (War) feat gives CHA to Initiative.
Our 1/day Smite Good gets CHA to attack rolls as well.
"What is this 'dexterity' that you speak of?"

Anti-Paladin also grants an Aura of Cowardice that can remove Fear Immunity, AND gives a penalty on 'vs. Fear' saves, and is effectively Immune to Diseases.

Agent of the Grave lets us use CHA for HP starting at character level 7 (not retroactive so we still have 6 levels dependent on CON for HP). We can also cast Mind-Effecting spells on Undead creatures.
If Agent is taken the full 5 levels, we get to add INT number of Necromancy spells to our List (but NOT to our Known). Lore Mystery grants a scaling INT bonus as one of it's Revelations, plan your levels accordingly.

Sorcerer Bloodline/Archetype is up for grabs, anyone have any good ideas?
Arcane PrC options are pretty wide open, but with 2 levels of Anti-Paladin, any lost casting will prevent us from getting 9th level spells.
That being said, Eldritch Knight or Dragon Disciple would be decent 'gish' options to add on to the build (in this case, you may want to move all Anti-Paladin levels to the same side, and beef up your Oracle casting by another level).

Beardbarian
2013-08-21, 06:21 PM
Bard//Cleric
Use Cha for channel energy and bard spells/perform
Use Wis for cleric spells

Congratiulations. You are now the most awesome preacher in the world

Elricaltovilla
2013-08-21, 06:30 PM
I personally like Ninja//Magus for all the extra attacks on a full attack. Greater Invisibility (from ninja's Invisible Blade) + Sneak Attack + Pounce (Were-Tiger) + Spellstrike + Extra Ki Attack +Speed Weapon means insane amount of damage. That is, until Paizo ruled that Spell Combat wasn't a full attack action.:smallmad:

JHShadon
2013-08-21, 06:50 PM
A Barbarian/Monk(Martial Artist Archtype for no alignment restriction) beat the crap out of everything with the power of rage and fist.

herrhauptmann
2013-08-21, 06:53 PM
Hexblade/Paladin of Terror. You're so terrifying that enemies die faster just coming near you.
Gestalt it with any charisma focused build for pure awesomeness. Heck, with that as your passive side, anything works for your active side. Wizard/abjurantchamp/spellsword/incantatrix for instance.

Swashbuckler/rogue (with craven and daring outlaw). Gestalted with warlock. Get sneak attack with your eldritch blast.
Sorry, forgot, pathfinder only.

Hylas
2013-08-21, 07:33 PM
Paladin//Summoner - Your god has given you a mighty mount/angel companion/skill monkey to aid you in your quest for glory.

Paladin//Synth Summoner - Your frail body doesn't stop you from fighting evil! Your god has given you a new one.

Paladin//Lore Oracle - Charisma.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-21, 10:02 PM
Wow, not bad. Some of these are really cool. Heres some of mine.

Anti-Paladin//Synthesist Summoner - Stand around looking weak and pathetic, turn into something that makes most men wet themselves.

Invulnerable Rager Barbarian// Beastmorph Vivisectionist Alchemist - Do I need to explain what this does?

Scout Rogue//Barbarian - Beast totem pounce + Scouts Charge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo---rogue-archetypes/scout). Twin Kukris/Crit Fisher for added lulz.

Dark Tapestry Oracle//Demagogue Bard - Scare people with tales from beyond, ala War of the Worlds

Personally, we don't play with alignment restrictions, so this one is up to DM, but..

Drunken Master Monk//Raging Drunk Barbarian - I'm not sure how good this would be in practice, but its a funny idea anyway.

Bladebound Magus//Witch - Fly around, cackling, putting people to sleep and whapping people with those sweet, sweet Intensified Shocking Grasps. Bonus cool points for going crazy listening to both Blackblade and Familiar.

Soulknife//Rogue/Assassin - Step one, approach target. Step two, engage in light, non-distracting conversation for about 18 second. Step three, Death Attack. Step Four, walk casually away while guards search for people carrying weapons.

Tactician//Inquisitor - ALL THE TEAMWORK

Edited for clarity

grarrrg
2013-08-21, 10:57 PM
Invulnerable Rager Barbarian// Beastmorph Vivisectionist Alchemist - Do I need to explain what this does?

He's the best at what he does, bub.

Scout Rogue//Barbarian - Beast totem pounce + Scouts Charge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo---rogue-archetypes/scout). Twin Kukris/Crit Fisher for added lulz.

Slight correction, Half-Orc Skulking Slayer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-orc/skulking-slayer-rogue-half-orc) Scout Rogue.
Charging 2-handed Sneak Attacks get 1d8 dice instead of 1d6's.

Bladebound Magus//Witch - Fly around, cackling, putting people to sleep and whapping people with those sweet, sweet Intensified Shocking Grasps. Bonus cool points for going crazy listening to both Blackblade and Familiar.

Sorry, Bladebound (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/bladebound)
"A magus with this class feature cannot take the familiar magus arcana, and cannot have a familiar of any kind, even from another class."

This feature was key in a "really bad combinations" thread from last year.
LINK (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237668)

Mjollnir075
2013-08-22, 12:09 AM
Sorry, Bladebound (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/bladebound)
"A magus with this class feature cannot take the familiar magus arcana, and cannot have a familiar of any kind, even from another class."

Blarg. And here I thought I had caught all the bugs. Well, what about the Gravewalker Witch? It gets a Poppet, which says that it loses the Witch's Familiar class ability. Would that make it not count as a Familiar? Is Familiar a defined term outside of a class ability?\

Slight correction, Half-Orc Skulking Slayer Scout Rogue.
Charging 2-handed Sneak Attacks get 1d8 dice instead of 1d6's.

Knife Master Rogue to go with the Kukris. Though.. I suppose making an ubercharger that gets sneak attack probably outdamages TWF Kukris (even with crit-fishing) by a large margin.

He's the best at what he does, bub.

I must play this now.

Baroncognito
2013-08-22, 12:16 AM

It can work with Mythic Path abilities. There's one that frees prepared spell casters from needed spellbooks or familiars.

grarrrg
2013-08-22, 08:14 AM
Knife Master Rogue to go with the Kukris. Though.. I suppose making an ubercharger that gets sneak attack probably outdamages TWF Kukris (even with crit-fishing) by a large margin.

Eh, Kukris may very well be the better option.
I just prefer the mental image of a hulking Half-Orc running at you with a greatsword screaming SNEAK ATTACK!!!!

Manly Man
2013-08-22, 01:27 PM
A Telepath/Thrallherd//Dread, aiming to get some powers that focus on draining health and energy. He fancies himself a vampire, and uses his powers as a Dread to reinforce the idea that he is some kind of inhuman, malign creature of the night.

Greenish
2013-08-22, 01:44 PM
Nimble (and Gifted) Blade Soulknife//Stalker from Path of War (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296871). Solves the expense and action cost problems of combining TWF and thrown weapons, Wis/Dex synergy, and all the badass brought by being a ninja assassin with psychic weapons.

Psyren
2013-08-22, 01:58 PM
and all the badass brought by being a ninja assassin with psychic weapons.

There's no part of this description I didn't like :smallbiggrin:

Gimur
2013-08-22, 04:13 PM
I've had fun playing a gestalted Barbarian//Beastmorph Alchemist.
Ended up getting claws and a bite attack when I mutagen'd, and went for improved disarm.
Humanoid enemies (hell, anything with weapons) were torn apart. Most were made entirely worthless without their weapons. And, occasionally I used those weapons that I just tore from their hands against them. :smallamused:

Ravens_cry
2013-08-22, 04:18 PM
Ninja//Paladin.
Basically, you are Batman, the terror of the night and a light in the darkness.
Two weapon fighting with twin, Agile Wakizashi, smiting and sneak attacking, and watch as Evil dies.

Psyren
2013-08-22, 04:27 PM
Ninja//Paladin.
Basically, you are Batman, the terror of the night and a light in the darkness.
Two weapon fighting with twin, Agile Wakizashi, smiting and sneak attacking, and watch as Evil dies.

But what alignment???

Hylas
2013-08-22, 04:39 PM
I just prefer the mental image of a hulking Half-Orc running at you with a greatsword screaming SNEAK ATTACK!!!!
I always think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iQt3spY0ko

Ravens_cry
2013-08-22, 05:35 PM
But what alignment???
Lawful Good.
Maybe not the Lawful Good seen in the the famous Batman motivation poster, but you are Paladin. Cloaked in darkness, you are the strong arm of the light.
Oh, and as you get later in the build, along with the typical two weapon fighting feats, this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/sneaking-precision) feat looks nice for someone with full BAB and Sneak Attack. Heck, I would have loved to use it for my pure Ninja if I had known about it. Combine with Staggering Critical to basically put everything that somehow survives your attacks on autostagger. Not so great on casters as melee brutes, but still quite fine.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-22, 11:41 PM
Maybe tack on some monk levels to the paladin side, for Batman's ninja-kung-fu goodness. Try and use as many mundane items while fighting as possible.

Manly Man
2013-08-23, 01:27 AM
Maybe tack on some monk levels to the paladin side, for Batman's ninja-kung-fu goodness. Try and use as many mundane items while fighting as possible.

Then refluff either a chakram or a shuriken as a Batarang, and you're golden. Have them enchanted with Returning and Flaming Burst for some real fun.

grarrrg
2013-08-23, 11:19 AM
One of the typical abilities of "mundane PF" Batman is Sap Adept (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/sap-adept-combat) and Sap Master (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/sap-master-combat).
Because Batman doesn't kill, but he'll still mess you up REAL fast.

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-23, 01:14 PM
Ok, now I want to make a half orc skulking slayer scout who wields a merciful greatclub.

You sneak attack on any charge and deal 2d8+4 per sneak attack die you would normally have.

He has to yell "Sneak ATTACK!" every time he charges.

Fax Celestis
2013-08-23, 01:18 PM
Synthesis Summoner//Aegis seems like it could be pretty awesome.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-23, 01:51 PM
Synthesis Summoner//Aegis seems like it could be pretty awesome.

This. This is awesome. Make your own completely customizable character, and then change him up when you feel like playing him differently. The fact that he gets d10 hit dice and full bab is just icing on the cake.

grarrrg
2013-08-23, 07:54 PM
You sneak attack on any charge and deal 2d8+4 per sneak attack die you would normally have.

Almost.
Sap Master has an annoying requirement of "flat-footed opponent".

Sap Adept is perfectly functional on every/any Sneak Attack though.

He has to yell "Sneak ATTACK!" every time he charges.

Obviously.

Metahuman1
2013-08-23, 08:36 PM
Lawful Good.
Maybe not the Lawful Good seen in the the famous Batman motivation poster, but you are Paladin. Cloaked in darkness, you are the strong arm of the light.
Oh, and as you get later in the build, along with the typical two weapon fighting feats, this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/sneaking-precision) feat looks nice for someone with full BAB and Sneak Attack. Heck, I would have loved to use it for my pure Ninja if I had known about it. Combine with Staggering Critical to basically put everything that somehow survives your attacks on autostagger. Not so great on casters as melee brutes, but still quite fine.

I recall in 3.5 D&D's complete Scoundrel that there was a fluff section of Scoundrels of all alignments. Batman was the lawful good example.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-24, 06:05 PM
You know, speaking of Synthesis Summoner got me thinking.. If you, personally are proficient with a weapon, you don't have to take proficiency evolution, do you?

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-24, 08:43 PM
Yes, but surprise follow through DOES render the victim flat footed. The idea is at 9th level or so, you rush into the middle of combat with a move action and greatcleave as many targets into slumberland as possible.

And who wouldn't be caught off guard by a rouge with a 7 for int, wis and cha?

grarrrg
2013-08-24, 10:27 PM
You know, speaking of Synthesis Summoner got me thinking.. If you, personally are proficient with a weapon, you don't have to take proficiency evolution, do you?

You are correct, you still retain the use of all of your feats (assuming you still qualify for them in Eidolon form).

Mjollnir075
2013-08-24, 10:35 PM
You are correct, you still retain the use of all of your feats (assuming you still qualify for them in Eidolon form).

You know, Grarrrg, you are endlessly helpful.

Khosan
2013-08-24, 10:53 PM
Alchemist pairs well with pretty much anything. Melee's already been covered, but casters get some pretty nice boosts out of it too. Extra spell slots for buffs, a boost to your casting stat from Cognatogen, extra hands, high fort and reflex saves, plus bombs if you want to do some damage.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-25, 12:02 AM
Alchemist pairs well with pretty much anything. Melee's already been covered, but casters get some pretty nice boosts out of it too. Extra spell slots for buffs, a boost to your casting stat from Cognatogen, extra hands, high fort and reflex saves, plus bombs if you want to do some damage.

So does Ranger. Full BAB, 6 + Int skill points, Animal Companion, d10 HD, Spells..

What's not to love about Ranger with Gestalt?

Ranger//Synth. Summoner - Get the natural attack feats for free, better HD when not synthed, some extra buff spells

Ranger//Rogue - Some overlap in skills and abilities, but based around stealth and gets TWF feats for free

Ranger//Wizard (or Psion), All good Saves, BAB, Skills.. Great Gish class.

Alchemist definitely holds its own, though. Cognoten is perfect for any Int - based gish.

grarrrg
2013-08-25, 11:38 AM
You know, Grarrrg, you are endlessly helpful.

I'm going to take that as a compliment...this time...
:smallwink:

So does Ranger. Full BAB, 6 + Int skill points, Animal Companion, d10 HD, Spells..

What's not to love about Ranger with Gestalt?

Rangers are pretty sweet like that, and don't forget the good Fort AND Ref saves.
Pretty much any Full-Caster could quickly shore up their weaknesses by pairing with Ranger.
Although it doesn't give much for an offensive boost though.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-25, 11:59 AM
Rangers are pretty sweet like that, and don't forget the good Fort AND Ref saves.
Pretty much any Full-Caster could quickly shore up their weaknesses by pairing with Ranger.
Although it doesn't give much for an offensive boost though.

Well, when you already have the ability to warp reality to your liking, nothing much gives you a significant offensive boost.

It does give you an animal companion, though at lvl -3, but IIRC, there is a Boon Companion equivalent in PF, isn't there? Even if their isn't, that's still extra meat between you and the badguys.

Would Favored Enemy give bonus damage on damage dealing spells? If so..

Ranger// Crossblooded Empyreal/(something) Sorcerer wouldn't be too bad for a mailman-esque build, provided you came across your favored enemies enough to warrant it.

Ravens_cry
2013-08-25, 12:36 PM
Yes, but surprise follow through DOES render the victim flat footed. The idea is at 9th level or so, you rush into the middle of combat with a move action and greatcleave as many targets into slumberland as possible.

And who wouldn't be caught off guard by a rouge with a 7 for int, wis and cha?
Maybe they changed it, but Surprise Follow Through only denies Dex. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/arg-feats/surprise-follow-through-combat-orc-half-orc)

Fax Celestis
2013-08-25, 01:15 PM
Maybe they changed it, but Surprise Follow Through only denies Dex. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/arg-feats/surprise-follow-through-combat-orc-half-orc)

...so?

The rogue's attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue#TOC-Sneak-Attack

grarrrg
2013-08-25, 04:07 PM
Would Favored Enemy give bonus damage on damage dealing spells? If so..

Ranger// Crossblooded Empyreal/(something) Sorcerer wouldn't be too bad for a mailman-esque build, provided you came across your favored enemies enough to warrant it.

Favored Enemy
"... gets a +2 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against them"
It specifically calls out Weapons.
Although if you want to get REALLY nit-picky it only says "weapon attack and damage" not "weapon attack and weapon damage". But good luck getting THAT to fly.

For Non-Spells though, there is always the Instant Enemy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/instant-enemy) spell (Ranger 3) for a Swift Action.

...so?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue#TOC-Sneak-Attack

The problem isn't Sneak Attack, The problem is the extra "must be flat-footed" requirement to get Sap Master (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/sap-master-combat) to trigger.

Greenish
2013-08-25, 05:09 PM
It does give you an animal companion, though at lvl -3, but IIRC, there is a Boon Companion equivalent in PF, isn't there?Boon Companion is the PF equivalent (of Natural Bond). :smallwink:

Vortenger
2013-08-25, 07:32 PM
CHARISMA!!!!

Side A
Oracle (Lore Mystery) 6/Agent of the Grave PrC 5/Anti-Paladin 1/Oracle +8 (feel free to drop to only 2 levels of Agent of the Grave, those are the best for our purposes)
Side B
Anti-Paladin 2/Sorcerer 18 (feel free to replace some Sorcerer levels with the PrC of your choice)

Arcane AND Divine 9th levels spells.

As usual, grarrrg wins, I think. Is 3rd party SRD content allowed? If so, a variation of the Soracle-adin (Soradin...Orsicle...nevermind) w/ Shaman (the one with Wild Shape and archetypes) is a different full Cha caster that can be similarly utilized.

Loses Cha to HP and undead goodies from Agent, trades the Cleric list for Druid.

Shaman 20 // Paladin 2/ Sorcerer 18 (Ergon) (Sorc PrC's to taste)

Ergon Bloodline lets you bind spirits (PF vestiges) as an Occultist by sacking a spell slot of the appropriate level (basically Anima Mage-in-a-can)

9th lvl druid spells, 9th level sorc spells, AND 9th level spirits
Spirit's Warning gives Cha to AC, Refl, and CMD
An intelligent pseudo-animal companion
Full Wild Shape
All that other stuff grarrrg said, except Cha to HP.

Add in Half Elf with Paragon Surge and you have a master of ancestor spirits, nature spirits, otherworldly spirits who can brawl with the best of 'em; and whose power is drawn primarily from their own awesomeness (via Cha).

grarrrg
2013-08-25, 07:37 PM
As usual, grarrrg wins

"As usual"??

You don't come by here very often, do you?

Vortenger
2013-08-25, 07:41 PM
Only since the fall of 339. Been reading and learning from your posts for a couple of years.

Used to be much less verbose...

Katana1515
2013-08-25, 08:46 PM
Its not gonna win any power contests but one build I like is Gestalt Inquisitor and PF Soulknife. By picking up focused assault you can be pretty much totally focused on Wis. you get an awesome weapon and as solid a chassis as you could ask for backed up with the inquisitors spells for utility with the close combat options provided by blade skills. Mixing in Judgements and the Bane ability means you can deal hefty amounts of damage up close and i usually swap out teamwork feats for the preacher archetype which can make you fairly durable.

Bickerstaff
2013-08-25, 11:27 PM
Let's see...

Sorcerer (Empyreal Bloodline)//Monk (Zen Archer Archetype)/Arcane Archer.

Just pump Wisdom for your spell DCs and attacks. Gets you your 9th level spells, and you get to be a decent Arcane Archer! Well, as decent as it gets, anyway.

Fairy Lisa
2013-08-26, 09:54 PM
Martial classes paired with a Sorcerer build (I favor Draconic and Fey-types) are unbelievably fun in a gestalt. Ride a Roc into battle, drop in and fireball the immediate vicinity. Then proceed to apply pointy stick to their sensitive areas until death has taken effect.

(Yes, I like to ride Rocs into battle. Even when I have Overland Flight. It’s my thing. :-p )

Ravens_cry
2013-08-26, 10:56 PM
Martial classes paired with a Sorcerer build (I favor Draconic and Fey-types) are unbelievably fun in a gestalt. Ride a Roc into battle, drop in and fireball the immediate vicinity. Then proceed to apply pointy stick to their sensitive areas until death has taken effect.

(Yes, I like to ride Rocs into battle. Even when I have Overland Flight. It’s my thing. :-p )
Orc Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/orc-bloodline) can also be good for this.

Ashram
2013-08-26, 11:03 PM
My personal favorite is evoker wizard/arcane bloodline sorcerer (With the Sage wildblooded archetype), for unlimited Intelligence-based arcane casting. Bonus points for picking up Craft Wand, Craft Staff, and the Staff-like Wand arcane discovery by 13th level so you can make low level wands on the cheap and have them function at your caster level, thereby saving you spells per day.

TheIronGolem
2013-08-26, 11:19 PM
Fighter/Rogue is very conceptually versatile: Swashbuckler, Dirty Fighter, Assassin. I've always maintained that Assassin's Creed is about Fighter/Rogue gestalts.

Monk/Rogue: Now this is how you ninja.

Barbarian/Bard: Skald

Fighter/Bard: You are Duncan Idaho.

Monk/Gunslinger: Kickin' it John Woo style.

Alchemist/Gunslinger: Fantasy Grenade Launchers

Alchemist/Rogue: Because there was a sale on d6's.

Aegis/Soulbolt: Psychic Iron Man.

Fairy Lisa
2013-08-27, 01:06 AM
Orc Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/orc-bloodline) can also be good for this.

I can see it now: Orc bloodline Sorcerer//Barbarian

1. Drop out of the sky from a Roc
2. Land lightly with Overland Flight (should already be active), now a size category larger
3. Release a meteor swarm
4. Mighty Rage!
5. Win

That would be fun actually~ :smallsmile:

Waker
2013-08-27, 01:16 AM
I think a Mysterious Gunslinger//Ninja might be interesting. Vanishing Trick, Shadow Clone and Deadly Range would all be rather handy.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-27, 09:11 AM
Fighter/Bard: You are Duncan Idaho

I believe you meant Gurney Halleck.
Bard/Monk could be the Bene Gesserit!

I wonder if I could get a Giant sandworm mount..

Ravens_cry
2013-08-27, 01:09 PM
I think a Mysterious Gunslinger//Ninja might be interesting. Vanishing Trick, Shadow Clone and Deadly Range would all be rather handy.
The trouble is, especially before you get Invisible Blade, you'll be eating your swift actions re-upping Invisibility. Especially if you are going gestalt, not outright dumping your Wisdom, Vanilla Gunslinger should be fine. If you are going two weapon fighting, gun style, you want to be able to quick clear a jam.

Nightraiderx
2013-08-27, 01:54 PM
Since gunslinger/ninja was already mentioned

I'm going to go with the mysterious gunslinger/paladin
Smite with bullets!

A Ranger/Inquisitor for hunting those magic users

Barbarian/Syntheist Summoner you are the incarnation of the beast!

Gunslinger/Rogue for that fancy trick shooting combination.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-27, 03:09 PM
I'm sure some of us have seen the Gundolon build, but for a less cheesy, but still cool idea..

Gunslinger//Synth. Summoner - Get a couple of arms, equip axe muskets. Get all up in their business and unleash hell.

Falconer Ranger//Samurai - TWF from Ranger, Falcon companion at full Druid level, Mount and Mounted Archery from Samurai. Favored Enemy and Challenge give nice little boosts to combat. Be the coolest Samurai you can be.

Alternatively, Paladin//Samurai. Yeah, pretty much don't gain anything different other than class abilities, but FLAVOR. Mmm. Mount from Samurai, Holy Katana from Pally.

I have also noticed a lack of PRC love. Any ideas on that?

grarrrg
2013-08-27, 06:02 PM
I'm sure some of us have seen the Gundolon build, but for a less cheesy, but still cool idea..

Gunslinger//Synth. Summoner - Get a couple of arms, equip axe muskets. Get all up in their business and unleash hell.

I was trying to restrain myself.

I have also noticed a lack of PRC love. Any ideas on that?

Am also trying to restrain myself. More because I know it will eat up a good chunk of time if I want to do it "proper" (note: "proper" in this case means "a build typical of what grararrarg would suggest).

Great...now I'm thinking again... How about a rebuild of Slippery Pete (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231168) to be even more slipper-ery!
Inquisitor 20 on one side.
Inquisitor has Good Fort and Will Saves, so that's +12 at level 20 (Reflex Save is what Gestalt is for!)
Inquisitors have Stalwart at level 11, if you make a Save on a "Save: Partial" Fort/Will spell, it doesn't affect you at all (Evasion for not-Reflex).
Protection Domain gives a Resistance bonus of +1 per 5 levels +1, for a total of +5 at level 20.
As a Judgement effect, they can also get Sacred bonus to all Saves, another +5 (same scaling as Domain), the Slayer ability at level 17 can boost this by another +1.

Race choice comes down to Dwarf, or Halfling.
Dwarves can Favored Class Inquisitor to boost a Judgement by half your level. This could make us count as level 30 for our Saving Throw Judgement (35 after Slayer). They also have +2 CON, +2 WIS which would further boost our saves.
But there's a better option.
Halflings. +1 Racial to all Saves and +2 DEX.
"But wait! Isn't that worse that what the Dwarf gets you?"
Nope, wait'll we get to Side B of the Gestalt!

Side B Goals: Evasion, Reflex Save, further crazy save boosting.
Paladin 2 for CHA to all Saves. We already want min. 16 WIS for Inquisitor spells, but any/all bonuses to CHA will apply to All Saves. This is too hard to pass up. A Headband of Mental Prowess/Superiority will be helpful here as well.
Now we need Evasion. Heck we have levels to spare, lets make that Improved Evasion!
Our 3 options are Monk, Ranger, and Rogue, all of which also boast Good Reflex Saves.
Ranger doesn't get Imp. Evasion until level 16, but has Full Bab and some WIS synergy.
Rogue gets it at level 10 (Advanced Talent).
Monk gets it at level 9, and also has WIS Synergy.
Hmm...
Ranger is out, it takes too many levels, and we want to fit in at least 4 level of Halfling Opportunist. Every even level grants another +1 to our Halfling Racial Saves (stacks!). "OH! THAT'S why he wanted Halfling!".
Fifth level of Halfling Opportunist lets us ALWAYS add Sneak Attack damage to AoO's we make, so let's throw that in, and go with Rogue for our other base class.
Paladin 2 + Rouge 10 + Opportunist 5 = 17 levels. 3 more levels to play with, suggestions?
2 levels of Fighter would help ease the Feat burden, and when paired with 2 levels of Paladin, bring us up to 16 Bab at level 20.
(Rogues can take some Feats as Rogue Talents, so that can help too)

Manly Man
2013-08-27, 06:20 PM
Female half-giant (storm giant for flavor) Barbarian 2/Fighter (unarmed archetype)18//Psychic Warrior 20 that takes the Brawler and Interceptor paths. Take some standard powers and the Psionic Fist stuff, and voila! You're She-Hulk.

Khosan
2013-08-27, 10:52 PM
Paladin 2 + Rouge 10 + Opportunist 5 = 17 levels. 3 more levels to play with, suggestions?
2 levels of Fighter would help ease the Feat burden, and when paired with 2 levels of Paladin, bring us up to 16 Bab at level 20.
(Rogues can take some Feats as Rogue Talents, so that can help too)

Cavalier. A single level dip gets you Tactician and a Teamwork feat, of which I'd recommend Duck and Cover. Now your teammates get your big honking Reflex save for 3 rounds. Order of the Tome even gets you an extra +2 bonus to saves vs. spells against the target of your challenge.

Mjollnir075
2013-08-27, 10:56 PM
-Snip-

Well, I think we would all be curious to see some 'proper' Grarrg in action.

As for Mr. Pete, I know its not optimal, but 1 level dip in Shadowdancer gets us +1 Ref and HIPS, I guess. Taking it earlier in the build would be better, if you were taking this character from 1 - 20, but I digress. I can't seem to find something obviously better for 1-3 levels on a Martial//Divine half-caster build.

Maybe an Oracle dip for a mystery ability, but none seem to hold up well into the late levels after only a dip.

Maybe Cleric for another Domain? Luck may be kind of fitting, seeing as you can pass pretty much any save, why not help your teammates do the same?
Law Domain would be somewhat similar, I suppose, along with the Freedom Subdomain.

I'm really just ballparking here, and it's late, so be gentle with the critiques. :smallcool:

Edit:
Cavalier. A single level dip gets you Tactician and a Teamwork feat, of which I'd recommend Duck and Cover. Now your teammates get your big honking Reflex save for 3 rounds. Order of the Tome even gets you an extra +2 bonus to saves vs. spells against the target of your challenge.

Or, y'know, you could try that.

grarrrg
2013-08-28, 07:47 PM

OH! Throw in a 3rd level of Paladin, and make it Holy Tactician (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/holy-tactician), throw on Shake It Off (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/shake-it-off-teamwork) for (up to) another +4 all Saves, AND SHARE IT WITH THE TEAM!
And/or that Duck and Cover thing, that's good too.

As for Cavalier, that can fill in the last 2 levels, but skip Order>Tome, go for Order>Sword (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/orders/paizo---cavalier-orders/order-of-the-sword). We get +2 Morale to 1 Save, but it's all day, not just during a 1/day Challenge (just checking, we didn't already have a Morale bonus, did we?).

Well, I think we would all be curious to see some 'proper' Grarrg in action.

Who? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RunningGag) :smallconfused:

Anyway...Eh, I post on this board enough, if you haven't seen it, you'll see it sooner or later.
Sides, the original Slippery Pete build is a good enough example of my shenanigans.

Greenish
2013-08-28, 09:28 PM
Alas, I have lied to you.

PF Soulknife goes well with, well, anything that uses a weapon.PF Soulknife goes splendidly with things that do not use weapons, too. A monk//soulknife with Deadly Fist and Gifted Blade archetypes gets free enchantments on it's unarmed strikes (and can change their damage type freely), can shoot it's fist at enemies at range (even using flurry of blows), gets to add Wis to attack and damage, and tops off with manifesting psychic powers. You can also get Flurry from soulknife, so you can swap monk's for something else.