PDA

View Full Version : Natural Attacks

cbaidchris
2013-08-21, 03:37 PM
So I've been contemplating rolling up a shifter into weretouched master/warshaper/totemist/bloodclaw master/whatever (all ideas) and reading all this makes me think that these natural attacks can't stack up to regular attacks as far as damage dice. am I just not seeing the big picture? any direction would be nice.

Urpriest
2013-08-21, 03:41 PM
So I've been contemplating rolling up a shifter into weretouched master/warshaper/totemist/bloodclaw master/whatever (all ideas) and reading all this makes me think that these natural attacks can't stack up to regular attacks as far as damage dice. am I just not seeing the big picture? any direction would be nice.

Base damage dice are almost never relevant, unless you're a heavily size-boosted unarmed-strike user or something. It's what you add that counts: Str bonus, damage boosts (lots of Soulmelds give them), Power Attack if it doesn't wreck your to-hit, etc. That and the fact that you get a lot more opportunities to do so.

Fax Celestis
2013-08-21, 03:52 PM
Natural attacks are a very valid way to destroy your enemies. Case in point: the Pauper of Smack. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2417079&postcount=1)

Forgive me for tooting my own horn on this one.