PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Companion Figurine Feat

Emparawr
2013-08-21, 05:28 PM
Companion Figurine (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/companion-figurine)

Can anybody explain this feat to me because I keep rereading it and can't seem to make sense of it. Closest I can come is that if at some point you have the option of gaining a new familiar or animal companion due to a class feature and you buy a figurine of wondrous power and then take this feat that the creature the figurine summons up IS your Animal Companion of Familiar and its abilities would be leveled off of whatever class feature fave them to you. Does this sound about right to you all?

Fax Celestis
2013-08-21, 05:37 PM
That is exactly what it does. It's basically letting you spend money and a feat instead of a feat on Improved Familiar for a very slightly different list of options. Also of note is that it doesn't die, like a regular familiar can, so you can be a little riskier with it. Plus, it doesn't actually say you're restricted to a specific figurine (though the text does imply it mostly through the use of singular words instead of plurals; if you have a figurine of wondrous power active for longer than four hours consult your DM; YMMV), so there's the potentiality of having a bag of figurines you can drop out of a satchel to be your familiar whenever you need one, making your wizard (or druid or ranger, as the case may be) into more of a pokemon master.

Emparawr
2013-08-21, 08:24 PM
Hmmm Pokemon master you say......... lol , No really though I like that Idea but it doesnt fit this char at all.

Although since each figurine does have it own amount of time it can be used each week you could have multiple figurines and as long as you only used them one at a time you could have your modifeid familiar or animal companion out all the time. What I really want though is a way to make animal companions into tatoos like the Tatooed sorcerers familiar. Maybe if I can find something similar enough mechanically my GM will let me do it.

Elricaltovilla
2013-08-21, 08:59 PM
Its so you can be drizzt do'urden. Just like every other feat that makes no sense, its purpose is to allow you to imitate a character from a book without having to beg the DM for special permission.

IronFist
2013-08-21, 11:36 PM
Its so you can be drizzt do'urden. Just like every other feat that makes no sense, its purpose is to allow you to imitate a character from a book without having to beg the DM for special permission.

That's very harsh. It's quite different from what Drizzt's panther, actually. Heck, there is not even a panther option in the feat. It's from a book about revisiting classical treasures, such things should be expected.