PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Tag Team

BubbleBud
2013-08-21, 05:36 PM
hello, i have a quick question about a pair of characters my sis and i are creating

The big idea in this is to make a mounted ranger but using a druid as a mount, this case that will be both of our characters, can the druid in wildshape can be used as mount for the feats, etc?

Jeff the Green
2013-08-21, 05:42 PM
hello, i have a quick question about a pair of characters my sis and i are creating

The big idea in this is to make a mounted ranger but using a druid as a mount, this case that will be both of our characters, can the druid in wildshape can be used as mount for the feats, etc?

There's no real reason you couldn't. Your ranger wouldn't even need to use the Ride skill except for negating attacks on the Druid with mounted combat. Also, he could dual-wield lances, which is fun.

If you do this, I'd recommend swapping out the ranger's animal companion. Personally I prefer the pseudo-familiar from the Cityscape online enhancement.

Feilith
2013-08-21, 05:54 PM

This is actually a really cool idea, and it leaves the druid available to cast and move, and the ranger doesn't need to use a move action to get close so he can full attack.

The only thing you need to watch out for is a DM that plays the game so that you can't full attack. My DM doesn't like it because he thinks it gives the ranger 12sec of action per round (6 for the mount 6 for the full attack) which you might run into. But I doubt it.

BubbleBud
2013-08-24, 01:48 AM
so in order to negate the moving probelms is getting our innitiatives the same by delaying the action right?
and what do you recomend, a twf ranger, or another type for this setup