PDA

View Full Version : How will the IFCC react to Nale's Death?

JackRackham
2013-08-21, 06:17 PM
Just that. In some ways, this is exactly the sort of thing they were looking for. But did they still have plans for Nale and the LG?

Henry the 57th
2013-08-21, 06:24 PM
My guess? They'll be fairly blasé about it, but Sabine will totally freak. She'll manage to convince them (either as a favor, or in exchange for something they already owe her) to snatch up Nale's soul and bring him back somehow. Whether that be restoring him to life or making him into a fiend, I have no idea.

sr123
2013-08-22, 09:50 AM
snatch up Nale's soul and bring him back somehow ... making him into a fiend.

The Giant seems to like death/resurrection as a means of character development, or rather as he said in Durkon's case, a justification for leaving a character stale until that point. Is Nale, who has shown less character growth than Durkon, the next case of this? If so, demonhood may be interesting, provided Nale actually develops and isn't just "tha same old d**k". (auto-censored)

David Argall
2013-08-22, 12:45 PM
The fiends should freak. Their plan as we are shown were for the LG to get control of the gate. Now the fact they are shown pleased is odd, but the presumption is that they want to control the only gate. But they still need a sucker to act for them, and the LG seemed their choice. If Nale is gone, they could be gone too.

Chantelune
2013-08-22, 01:18 PM
The fiends should freak. Their plan as we are shown were for the LG to get control of the gate. Now the fact they are shown pleased is odd, but the presumption is that they want to control the only gate. But they still need a sucker to act for them, and the LG seemed their choice. If Nale is gone, they could be gone too.

Uh, if they wanted the LG to get control of the gate, why would they get a hold of V's soul and stop her to prevent said gate to be destroyed ? Given the Order state of weakness at this time, if they wanted the LG to get the gate, it would have been better to let V prevent its destruction, then arrange for the LG to realize it was a double bluff (or just let Tarquin figure it out). With Tarquin calling in an army and some more of his old pal, the LG might have a good chance to seize the gate and hold Xykon off.

I don't know what their plans are, beside conflict, but I sort of doubt it involve getting the LG -and Nale of all people- to be in such a great position.

denthor
2013-08-22, 10:14 PM
I am sure that it has been said many times but Sabine's last words to Nale "do not trust any of them".

She was right!

Demolator
2013-08-22, 10:32 PM
I'm fairly sure that the IFCC has more pawns, and that the LG is pretty dispensible. They might be able to use V (if there's still time) or Team Tarquin to plant more seeds of conflict.

Arcanist
2013-08-22, 11:27 PM
"Meh, that was a good pony to back up..." *changes channel to new, unknown pawn*

It wouldn't surprise me if they just moved on and looked at this as a temporary set back, if even a set back at all and not apart of some elaborate plan or something.

Chantelune
2013-08-23, 04:34 AM
I am sure that it has been said many times but Sabine's last words to Nale "do not trust any of them".

She was right!

And her intented last word, that Quar never bother to listen to the end were "tell him not to try to-"

Given the recent events, I wonder if she was trying to say "tell him not to try to dust Malack yet." If so, she might be quite angry after Quar for hanging up to her face when this bit of advice might have saved his life. Or at least let him live a bit longer.